Kmart's ‘super chic’ pants have style lovers obsessed – and they’re only $20!

Many can attest that looking your best doesn't always have to come with a hefty price tag. With savvy shopping and some creative effort, it's entirely possible to look stylish and on-trend without breaking the bank.

And this is what Kmart is here for!

So, if you’re shopping on a budget, the budget retailer offers affordable, ‘super chic’ pants that are a must-have for any fashion lover's wardrobe.

Kmart’s hottest new item, the Front Split Pants, just hit the market, and it’s already a hot item among fashion-loving Aussies.

For just $20, these super chic pants offer both comfort and style to the wearer. Made from a stretchy blend of polyester, Ottoman fabric, and elastane, these pants are stitched with a thick elastic waistband that sculpts the hips and smooths the stomach, making all shapes appear slimmer.

The flared hems, which are split in half a few inches above the ankle, elongate the body, creating the illusion of longer, leaner legs.

They’re so versatile that fashion bloggers are now sharing how they styled their pair of trendy pants using other affordable Kmart finds.

Fashion influencer Dani, from Luxe and Lemonade, alerted her followers to the new fashion find and demonstrated how she styles her own pair of pants in a video she uploaded to TikTok.

dani1.jpg
The pants can be paired with sneakers for a simple, casual look. Credit: luxeandlemonade/TikTok

In her clip, Dani paired the pants with a simple top and a pair of white sneakers. Her laid-back style choice can be worn if you want to go out to brunch with friends or go to a picnic with family members.

The outfit works well because the front split design is very eye-catching already and can elevate a simple top to look more put together. Meanwhile, the white sneakers don’t take any attention away from the split design and aren’t overwhelming the eyes with a lot of ‘distractions’ near the hem.

Dani also created a more autumn-appropriate look by pairing the pants with a striped black and white jumper, sneakers, a camel-coloured trench coat and a crossbody bag.

This style choice is clearly Parisian-inspired and looks good if you want to travel somewhere this autumn season or if you’re going out to a nice dinner with loved ones.

Also, if you want to take away attention from the front split design, pairing it with an outer layer like a trench coat (or a long cardigan) that stops a couple of inches below the knees will do the job. Anything shorter than that will make the eyes focus more on the split design.

If you want a cute, versatile crossbody bag like Dani’s, you can check out Kmart’s $15 designer dupe bag here.

dani2.jpg
Dani’s second look is Parisian-inspired. Credit: luxeandlemonade/TikTok

Another fashion influencer, Courtney, from Perth, discovered the split hem pants and made four outfits that are ‘perfect’ for when the temperature starts to drop ahead of winter.

In a video she posted to Instagram, Courtney styled the pants with Kmart’s $28 Cable Knit Jumper in grey and the Crew Neck Striped Tunic – also from Kmart.

kmart1.jpg
Courtney showed her style choices to her followers in an Instagram video. Credit: heysavvy_au/Instagram

Courtney showed how the pants are versatile enough to look good even when paired with open-toed sandals. The flared leg bottom and the split design give the illusion that Courtney’s legs look longer.

These pants could also be paired with heels to elongate the legs even further and prevent the tapered detail from trailing on the ground.

The influencer also paired the pants with a brown crossover knit cropped top, which you can find in Kmart’s physical stores, and with an oversized Denim ‘Shacket’ (which is a mix between a shirt and a jacket) and a sleeveless rib true knit tank top in blue – both from Kmart.

kmart2.jpg
The fashion influencer showed four different outfit choices. Credit: heysavvy_au/Instagram

And because the pair of pants have an attention-grabbing hem, you should pair them with solid colours, such as black, white, wine-red, beige, or blue. Earthy colours, such as forest green or brown, look good with these pants as well.

Key Takeaways
  • Style lovers are obsessed with a super-affordable and very on-trend pair of pants from Kmart.
  • Fashion bloggers have been sharing how they have styled the pair of pants using other affordable Kmart buys.
  • Perth fashion influencer Courtney tried on four different outfits that are perfect for when temperatures start to drop ahead of winter.
Do you have any go-to pieces in your wardrobe, or do you have any advice when shopping on a budget? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have vowed to not buy any more clothes, I have enough to see me out and then again for another lifetime!! For a couple of years I bought clothes from the In Fashion website sale. My last order was 11 items for $100. Item that had been $40, 50, 60 70, and $80 each reduced to ridiculous prices, two pairs of pants for $11 for both, tops for $7 etc. I don't need anything until all garments in my wardrobe have had their tickets removed and been worn!!

I would love to have a clothing exchange, I have numerous pieces that I'd be willing to pass on, some with labels still attached. I'm never going to get back to the size to wear them! :rolleyes:
I hear you Ricci I keep saying I will never buy any more but I know I am fooling myself, as soon as I see the word Sale advertised I know I will be adopting more clothing that I cannot possibly wear out in this lifetime. when we built our home I made sure that my walk in robe was more like another bedroom just so that I had room for my way too many clothes , with my constant weight fluctuations I do a "Clear out" every few months to make room for more purchases (because they are on sale) and at the moment have 3 large packing/moving size boxes ready to go to the Salvo/Vinnies stores.Most items are virtually new or maybe worn once or twice. I have never followed fashion I just buy What I know looks good on me but even so I have enough clothing for two lifetimes.

Reactions: Ricci
I have purchased clothes online just once, all were the same size in different styles. When arrived, 2 were to big and 1 was to small, will not do that again.
I like to try them on. They look nice on line when being worn by 8 -10 sized women, but when I try them on in store. Oh! my lord, enough said. They definitely do not look like that on me.

It seems that fashion it’s only for young people 😁 Older ones have to look frumpy 😝😝😝
To find something a bit more young and fashionable, older ones have to go to places that are expensive, but if we can’t afford it, the cheaper places don’t cater for us 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I buy from a sit called SHEIN. They have a huge selection and prices quite reasonable. Also they have lots of discounts. Delivery is around a week.

Reactions: Groovy and Ricci
I buy from a sit called SHEIN. They have a huge selection and prices quite reasonable. Also they have lots of discounts. Delivery is around a week.
Thanks for the info!!!
I just checked the website of SHEIN and it’s all for young people and very revealing, unless I went to the wrong website 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Marian M and Ricci
Thanks @Ricci!! I’ll have a look 👍🏼😉
Since the debacle with Mosaic brand stores appalling delivery times that I have previously mentioned, I have soothed my clothing obsession with purchases from EziBuy, the range is huge, designs for every body type and taste the sizing is good and delivery is rapid they also sell a large range of home wares as well. Returns for ill fitting or faulty items is free,they include a parcel sticker for any returns with the invoice/receipt in the parcel. Very happy to have found this on-line store.

Reactions: Penny4 and Ricci
Since the debacle with Mosaic brand stores appalling delivery times that I have previously mentioned, I have soothed my clothing obsession with purchases from EziBuy, the range is huge, designs for every body type and taste the sizing is good and delivery is rapid they also sell a large range of home wares as well. Returns for ill fitting or faulty items is free,they include a parcel sticker for any returns with the invoice/receipt in the parcel. Very happy to have found this on-line store.
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I am sure it is the correct site. I ordered a few two piece suits and dresses. They have a huge range suitable for people our age. It is just a matter of scrolling through. I like full length dresses. All the best :)

Reactions: Groovy and Ricci