Kmart swimsuit detail baffles Aussies: ‘Oh my gosh…’

Spending a day by the beach or pool with grandkids is always a treat. But if you're thinking of buying a new swimsuit from Kmart, there's a detail you might want to consider.

String Jacquard Briefs, which cost just $10 online, have been in the news lately after a shopper spotted an oversight with the design.

If you're considering this pair, it's a good idea to take a closer look before deciding. Read on…

A shopper recently posted a photo of the swimsuit bottoms on social media, which sparked a lively discussion among thousands of women.

At first glance, it’s not hard to see why some women might be perplexed.

The front panel of the swimsuit was too narrow, leading to intense concerns about modesty.

The dilemma had women questioning how they were supposed to ‘not expose their lady parts in this?’

‘Even the sanitary plastic crutch sticker is too wide,’ the shopper who shared the photo wrote.

Over 1,500 women expressed their views on the issue, equally baffled.

Kmart swimwear.jpeg
Kmart's slim swimwear bottoms have women talking. Image source: Social media

In classic Aussie fashion, some took to joking to express their bewilderment.

‘I get it that some girls are tiny, but most of our co****ies just don’t fit that way,’ one woman commented.

‘You need to be completely bald, and even [with] a single step I would be flapping or eating the material,’ someone else shared.

‘Those are for ladies with a skinny m**k,’ another wrote.

‘Oh my gosh, the sticker even too wide is a crack up,’ one comment said.

While some women were puzzled, others felt more upset.

One commenter said she didn't want to ‘see anyone’s sex organs on display when taking the kids to the beach/pool’.

‘I reckon the designers don’t possess female anatomy themselves,’ another added.

A tip some offered was to wear them ‘backwards’ to get more front coverage.

However, one of the product’s listed ‘features’ was that it had ‘low coverage’.

The product also offers added stretch, a bright fluorescent colour, tie strings with knotted ends, elastic leg openings, a waistband, and an internal gusset seam.

Other shoppers also observed that the online advertisement’s model wore a version with a wider front fabric.

Kmart was contacted for comment but has yet to respond.

69b1d2d2-76f0-4d85-be4b-ef12cd8d9b4c.jpg
Some women claimed the model wore a different pair with extra front fabric. Image source: Kmart

While the whole affair might seem like much ado about nothing (for some, at least), there’s more to the discussion than just potential indecent exposure.

Aside from the obvious benefits of swimwear covering private parts adequately, it helps keep out pool chemicals, sea salt, or fine particles like sand that can irritate the skin. Also, it stops any scratches from rough seats or surfaces.

That’s why taking a closer look at your swimwear, especially if you've bought it online, is important. It might just save you from discomfort or unexpected situations.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart has been criticised for the design of its String Jacquard Briefs swimwear bottoms, which are considered too narrow in the front by many female customers.
  • Photography of the swimwear bottom posted online has sparked criticism and discussion over its design, with over 1,500 women commenting on the issue.
  • Some commentators have suggested alterations or wearing the swimwear backwards, while others found humour in the oversight.
  • Accusations of the design oversight include that the designers may not have been aware of the female anatomy, and the discrepancy between the generous back coverage and the minimal front coverage.[
Members, how do you feel about these swimwear bottoms? Would you give them a shot? We'd love to hear your thoughts. Drop your opinions and suggestions in the comments below!

Sponsored
Spending a day by the beach or pool with grandkids is always a treat. But if you're thinking of buying a new swimsuit from Kmart, there's a detail you might want to consider.

String Jacquard Briefs, which cost just $10 online, have been in the news lately after a shopper spotted an oversight with the design.

If you're considering this pair, it's a good idea to take a closer look before deciding. Read on…

A shopper recently posted a photo of the swimsuit bottoms on social media, which sparked a lively discussion among thousands of women.

The front panel of the swimsuit was too narrow, leading to intense concerns about modesty.

The dilemma had women questioning how they were supposed to ‘not expose their lady parts in this?’

‘Even the sanitary plastic crutch sticker is too wide,’ the shopper who shared the photo wrote.

View attachment 31745

‘I get it that some girls are tiny, but most of our co****ies just don’t fit that way,’ one woman commented.

‘You need to be completely bald, and even [with] a single step I would be flapping or eating the material,’ someone else shared.

One commenter said she didn't want to ‘see anyone’s sex organs on display when taking the kids to the beach/pool’.

‘I reckon the designers don’t possess female anatomy themselves,’ another added.

The product also offers added stretch, a bright fluorescent colour, tie strings with knotted ends, elastic leg openings, a waistband, and an internal gusset seam.

Other shoppers also observed that the online advertisement’s model wore a version with a wider front fabric.

View attachment 31744
Some women claimed the model wore a different pair with extra front fabric. Image source: Kmart

While the whole affair might seem like much ado about nothing (for some, at least), there’s more to the discussion than just potential indecent exposure.

Aside from the obvious benefits of swimwear covering private parts adequately, it helps keep out pool chemicals, sea salt, or fine particles like sand that can irritate the skin. Also, it stops any scratches from rough seats or surfaces.

That’s why taking a closer look at your swimwear, especially if you've bought it online, is important. It might just save you from discomfort or unexpected situations.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart has been criticised for the design of its String Jacquard Briefs swimwear bottoms, which are considered too narrow in the front by many female customers.
  • Photography of the swimwear bottom posted online has sparked criticism and discussion over its design, with over 1,500 women commenting on the issue.
  • Some commentators have suggested alterations or wearing the swimwear backwards, while others found humour in the oversight.
  • Accusations of the design oversight include that the designers may not have been aware of the female anatomy, and the discrepancy between the generous back coverage and the minimal front coverage.[
Members, how do you feel about these swimwear bottoms? Would you give them a shot? We'd love to hear your thoughts. Drop your opinions and suggestions in the comments below!
I swear some people are born whingers and will complain about anything.... These bikini bottoms will only suite certain figures, like the model in the picture, she looks great and they do suit her....
No one is making us buy these bikini bottoms! If you don't like them just walk past them to a design that will flatter your body... It's not rocket science...

I swear some people are born whingers and will complain about anything.... These bikini bottoms will only suite certain figures, like the model in the picture, she looks great and they do suit her....
No one is making us buy these bikini bottoms! If you don't like them just walk past them to a design that will flatter your body... It's not rocket science...
People were asked to comment, that doesn't make them whingers.
Personally if someone wants to go around showing everybody what they had for breakfast, that's their prerogative, there's no accounting for taste or lack of it, as the case may be.

View attachment 31745

View attachment 31744

Key Takeaways

Nope. I'm more of a modest person. I don't want to have to teach my grandchildren the facts of life too soon.

Back in the days when I wore a bikini some of the tops didn’t cover everything, but the bottoms did. There was no flashing of any bum cheeks or other bits, no bikini line waxing needed and ladies could swim, play, sit, just walk even without flashing any bits. I think some of the so called clothes of today are really over the top, just look at the way a lot of ? celebrities are letting it all hang out every time they step out, and it is obviously a competition between some of them as to who can bare the most flesh. I am not a prude but I do prefer to see people nicely dressed without exposing themselves. I remember a time when modesty prevailed and men’s and women’s bodies were something special shared only between partners.

Reactions: marni
I was following some young girls in Manly, Sydney - at the shops with just dental floss between their buttocks. It is not how I would like to go shopping - and there were restaurants around as well. Not my idea of attire on the street.

Reactions: mylittletibbies
I was following some young girls in Manly, Sydney - at the shops with just dental floss between their buttocks. It is not how I would like to go shopping - and there were restaurants around as well. Not my idea of attire on the street.
🙀🙀

Absolutely disgusting ... but if you took photos please post them here, I'd like to be disgusted as well.