Kmart shoppers can't get enough of this genius new storage trick - but does it really work?

We all know how difficult it can be to keep our homes organised and neat. From trying to find a spot to hide our TV cords to decluttering our pantries, it’s all too easy for our houses to become cluttered and disorganised.

One of the most difficult spots to keep organised is the cupboard under our sinks – a seemingly never-ending space full of bottles, containers, and sprays of all shapes and sizes.

Fortunately for us, one Kmart shopper has taken the initiative to find a storage solution for the excessive, 'under-the-sink' clutter, making this issue considerably easier to solve!

Posting on a popular Facebook group, the Kmart fan shared her solution to the mess, revealing that she used multiple wooden storage containers from the retailer.

88771341ad63bbbb657c75261cd43fee20adee6c-4x3-x0y0w2048h1536.jpg

The Kmart fan's tip on how she organised the clutter under her sink has made the rounds on social media. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

'Making my kitchen OCD friendly slowly!' she wrote in the post, along with a photo of her set up, showing her cleaning supplies being stored in the perfectly-sized boxes.

'These containers work great for under the sink.'

It should be noted, however, that the products that the mum used are currently not available from the Kmart website.

The shopper even explains how she used the boxes to hide a frustratingly visible pipe, for an extra touch of style, writing: 'I hate being able to see the pipe, so may stack the boxes so I can’t see it.'

'But then maybe the difference in height will annoy me!'

'I’ve changed this around so many times already but think this looks good!'

The post immediately sparked a heated discussion among group members — mainly because it looks so gorgeous and organised, but also because many Kmart fans weren’t so sure it was actually a good idea in the long run.

One user wrote: 'I’m gonna do this on my next day off.'

'Wow, it’s like a little mini supermarket - well stocked up,' another praised.

'This is a great idea. I hate that space under the sink. It drives me nuts.'

A third chimed in: 'This is very aesthetically pleasing. I am the same with multiple products.'

'It makes me feel safer knowing there’s backup.'

bf5d4c91584efcede48961fdc89616d1ceb95ef9-4x3-x0y19w936h702.png

Not everyone was impressed about the trick, with some pointing out that wooden storage boxes may not be good for storing such products. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

But some were a bit more worried and had their doubts about the 'tip'.

'I feel like wood attracts mould, especially under a wet area,' one user wrote.

Another agreed: 'I used the same bamboo trays in my pantry for snacks and they grew mould from ambient humidity (it wasn’t overly humid either).'

'Definitely no good in wet areas. I had them in the bathroom and pantry, ended up tossing all of them in the rubbish,' a third shared.

Despite the worries raised, however, the original poster did stand her ground and defended herself against the naysayers.

'None of the stuff under there gets put back once it's used like sponges and stuff. So, no wet items go under there. Just hoping no leakage or anything causes that as I was worried about that too,' she wrote.

Members, it is important to do your research when it comes to selecting the materials for storage of bathroom and cleaning products as there are factors that we need to keep in mind before setting up.

Some of these factors include the intended use of the storage materials, such as boxes and drawers, and the environment of the space.

It is recommended to select materials that are water-resistant and non-porous, such as metal and plastic, as they will help protect the products from moisture, dust and mould. Wood is not generally advised as a storage material for these items due to the risk of mould or water damage.

Additionally, consider airy containers that will allow any moisture to escape and prevent stagnation.

Meanwhile, when it comes to organising the storage products, a key consideration is accessibility as it should be easy to remove products when needed.

You also want to select an appropriate size container depending on the nature of the product, as a lack of space can lead to overcrowding and an inability to store larger containers.

Additionally, consider how transparent the containers are, as many items need to be seen at a glance. It is also beneficial to label the containers with what is inside in order to help keep the space organised and easily accessible.

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper has created a stir by sharing her very savvy storage hack for all your cleaning products.
  • The storage hack involves using Kmart's wooden storage containers for the cupboard under the sink.
  • Hundreds of Kmart fans reacted to the hack, impressed with the storage solution.
  • Some have cautioned against using wooden containers for storage hack in wet areas, as it may attract mould.

So, there you have it, folks! We here at the SDC can all agree that organising your home is always beneficial – both for easy access and for your peace of mind.

What are your thoughts? Will you be giving this storage hack a go? Better yet, do you have some storage tips of your own that you recommend? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We all know how difficult it can be to keep our homes organised and neat. From trying to find a spot to hide our TV cords to decluttering our pantries, it’s all too easy for our houses to become cluttered and disorganised.

One of the most difficult spots to keep organised is the cupboard under our sinks – a seemingly never-ending space full of bottles, containers, and sprays of all shapes and sizes.

Fortunately for us, one Kmart shopper has taken the initiative to find a storage solution for the excessive, 'under-the-sink' clutter, making this issue considerably easier to solve!

Posting on a popular Facebook group, the Kmart fan shared her solution to the mess, revealing that she used multiple wooden storage containers from the retailer.

The Kmart fan's tip on how she organised the clutter under her sink has made the rounds on social media. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

'Making my kitchen OCD friendly slowly!' she wrote in the post, along with a photo of her set up, showing her cleaning supplies being stored in the perfectly-sized boxes.

It should be noted, however, that the products that the mum used are currently not available from the Kmart website.

The shopper even explains how she used the boxes to hide a frustratingly visible pipe, for an extra touch of style, writing: 'I hate being able to see the pipe, so may stack the boxes so I can’t see it.'

The post immediately sparked a heated discussion among group members — mainly because it looks so gorgeous and organised, but also because many Kmart fans weren’t so sure it was actually a good idea in the long run.

A third chimed in: 'This is very aesthetically pleasing. I am the same with multiple products.'

Not everyone was impressed about the trick, with some pointing out that wooden storage boxes may not be good for storing such products. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

Another agreed: 'I used the same bamboo trays in my pantry for snacks and they grew mould from ambient humidity (it wasn’t overly humid either).'

'Definitely no good in wet areas. I had them in the bathroom and pantry, ended up tossing all of them in the rubbish,' a third shared.

Despite the worries raised, however, the original poster did stand her ground and defended herself against the naysayers.

'None of the stuff under there gets put back once it's used like sponges and stuff. So, no wet items go under there. Just hoping no leakage or anything causes that as I was worried about that too,' she wrote.

Members, it is important to do your research when it comes to selecting the materials for storage of bathroom and cleaning products as there are factors that we need to keep in mind before setting up.

Some of these factors include the intended use of the storage materials, such as boxes and drawers, and the environment of the space.

It is recommended to select materials that are water-resistant and non-porous, such as metal and plastic, as they will help protect the products from moisture, dust and mould. Wood is not generally advised as a storage material for these items due to the risk of mould or water damage.

Additionally, consider airy containers that will allow any moisture to escape and prevent stagnation.

Meanwhile, when it comes to organising the storage products, a key consideration is accessibility as it should be easy to remove products when needed.

You also want to select an appropriate size container depending on the nature of the product, as a lack of space can lead to overcrowding and an inability to store larger containers.

Additionally, consider how transparent the containers are, as many items need to be seen at a glance. It is also beneficial to label the containers with what is inside in order to help keep the space organised and easily accessible.

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper has created a stir by sharing her very savvy storage hack for all your cleaning products.
  • The storage hack involves using Kmart's wooden storage containers for the cupboard under the sink.
  • Hundreds of Kmart fans reacted to the hack, impressed with the storage solution.
  • Some have cautioned against using wooden containers for storage hack in wet areas, as it may attract mould.

So, there you have it, folks! We here at the SDC can all agree that organising your home is always beneficial – both for easy access and for your peace of mind.

What are your thoughts? Will you be giving this storage hack a go? Better yet, do you have some storage tips of your own that you recommend? Let us know in the comments below!
I’m new here 71years I’m finding this all great inspirational helpful

Key Takeaways

Been using these in the pantry and for cutlery in drawers for ages

I need this (or something similar) to sort all the stuff accumulating under my kitchen sink. I recently found 3 tubs of shake and vac lurking at the back of the cupboard, I haven't had carpet in my house for over two years now!! :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions: Penny4

Key Takeaways

K mart also sell the plastic trays which I find much better as the have a handle in front and you can pull it out and in to get to your product if you have more than one bottle of different sprays, easy to clean as you just wipe it with wet rag and dry. Next your there have a look as they have diffient sizes.

Reactions: Ricci