Kmart shoppers are swooning over this $15 dupe of a popular Country Road handbag

Designer items might be pretty to look at, but their staggering price tags are anything but attractive. And with the rising costs of everyday items, who wants to splurge these days anyway?

However, if you’re a fashion enthusiast who’s looking to treat yourself to a cute and versatile handbag, (or you want to give one as a gift, maybe?) you’re in luck! An Aussie social media influencer discovered this bargain buy – and it’s the best dupe for a popular Country Road bag.

Aussie influencer Chelsea Williamson brought attention to an incredible budget find at Kmart that’s got customers, both online and offline, absolutely ‘swooning’.

‘You are not going to believe the dupe handbag I just found at Kmart,’ she said.

kmart1.jpg
Kmart’s PU Crossbody Camera Bag looks expensive for its cheap price. Credit: Kmart

Sharing her great find with her 125,600 followers on TikTok, Ms Williamson compared Kmart’s $15 PU Camera Crossbody Bag to the classic Country Road Branded Camera Bag that’s currently priced at $99.95.

Kmart’s designer dupe comes in black, and two other tri-coloured designs: Pink, beige and white, as well as green, brown and beige. The earthy colour scheme works best when paired with neutral-toned outfits, or similar earth-coloured garments, such as white, beige, dark brown, or moss green. It can even be paired with jeans and a dark jacket, or with a dress and some ballet flats. It is currently stocked in stores and online.

The bag has a crossbody design, making it versatile to wear for any occasion. According to the product description, the bag’s outer material is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polyester inner lining, making it highly durable.

The dimensions of the bag’s base are 20cm (L) by 7.5 cm (W). The depth is measured at 13 cm (D), the strap’s width is 3.8 cm, and the total shoulder strap is 125 cm in length. Because of its size and shape, the bag can hold your essentials without looking awkward or bulky.

It also has a little pocket feature near the buckle, which is good for holding loose coins if you don’t want to wear pants with pockets or you don’t want to fill up your pockets with change. Don’t like this feature? It’s also detachable!

country road.jpg
There’s not much of a difference between Country Road’s branded bag and Kmart’s dupe. Credit: Country Road

Meanwhile, Country Road’s Camera Bag is of the same build and size but has more colour options. It has an external zip pocket, and internal zip and slip pockets.

The bag is made from 50 per cent recycled polyester lining, and also has removable adjustable straps. Aside from those specifications, there’s not much of a difference between Kmart’s dupe and the Country Road original.

The reviews of the bag on Kmart’s website are overwhelmingly positive, with many customers saying they ‘loved’ the stylish crossbody bag.

Ms Williamson’s followers were also floored by the find, with many commenting how they bought multiple stocks in different colours.

‘I have a black CR (Country Road) one, but I still went and bought the pink version of this today,’ one woman said.

‘OMG, I have the exact Country Road one and totally should’ve waited for the $15 dupe!’ Another exclaimed.

‘Literally the best purchase ever,’ one added.

You can watch Ms Williamson’s video below:

Another similar version of this Crossbody bag comes in three different solid colours: black, green, and cream, and costs $15 as well. This look is a perfect dupe for Prada’s popular $2,420 shoulder bag!

Meanwhile, shoppers are also raving about Kmart’s own version of the utility crossbody bag that’s eerily similar to Louis Vuitton’s crossbody monogram canvas, See By Chloe’s Medium Tilly camera bag, and Poppy Lissiman crossbody bags. You can find more details here.

It is widely believed that designer brands are more expensive because of their quality. Luxury items such as Chanel or Gucci are usually hand stitched, with higher attention to detail and features. The products’ prices are also fuelled by the brand’s name itself and the reputation it has built over the years.

However, one man named Tanner, who considers himself a ‘leather expert’ is reviewing designer handbags by destroying them. This lets him evaluate if they’re worth the hefty price tag and share his findings on social media. So…are they worth it? You can find more of Tanner’s leather adventures here.

That said, if you’re gearing up for a special occasion like a party or a wedding, buying the cheaper options is always a good idea.
Key Takeaways
  • Aussie influencer Chelsea Williamson has revealed a Kmart dupe of a popular designer handbag.
  • The Kmart version is currently stocked in-store and online for just $15.
  • It has an adjustable shoulder strap and is lined with polyester.
  • Reactions on social media are overwhelmingly positive, with many praising the stylish design and affordable price.
I think this Kmart find is so worth its price! What about you, members? Have you scored a great dupe or find recently? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have this exact bag from kmart and love it . I had also purchased a couple of cross body bags in a soft fabric from kmart .
I used to carry large bags but as I can't lift or carry anything these bags are perfect .

5 star rating from me on this one. Funny I gave gotten more compliments with these bags than my designer ones

Reactions: Ricci
Another headline that doesn’t justify the story. Is it a handbag or camera bag? Looks a bit bulky and awkward to me, but then I like a nice sensible handbag, I only have 2, one for everyday use and one for going out which I rarely do anymore. I would find it most annoying having multiple handbags and having to remember to swap my keys, purse, licence etc from bag to bag all the time. I see it all the time where I work, people have a different bag and have forgotten their key cards, phone or something else they need.

Reactions: Ricci
I like a capacious handbag, to carry a purse, phone, keys, 500ml water, fork, diary, hairbrush, packet of tissues, shopping bag, protein bar, hat, sunnies and a few other things, so no.

I’m a bag woman!! Actually I love accessories, I think that really compliments what you’re wearing.
This one is a cutie and I have to grab one as soon as I go to Kmart 👍🏼👍🏼