Kmart shopper's ‘genius’ bra hack will make your life so much easier (and comfier)

Making sure that your wardrobe is comfortable can sometimes be a challenge. This is especially true for women who know how difficult it can be to find the right bra.

The rise of online shopping has made it quicker to shop from home, but sometimes the best options aren't always that obvious. And so the search can feel like a never-ending endeavour. What’s worse is that when the item arrives, sometimes it doesn’t fit as you expected it to.

So, imagine our surprise when we stumbled across this genius hack from a friendly Kmart shopper to salvage that uncomfortable bra you bought – and ladies, it’s sure to make your life so much more comfier!

The shopper took to a popular Facebook group to reveal how she makes her bras a lot more comfortable by doing ‘one simple thing’.

She posted a photo of a lacy dusty pink bra from Kmart and explained how she makes a simple alteration to ensure she can wear it all day long.

bra1.jpg
The woman shared her bra ‘hack’ on Facebook. Credit: Kmart

‘Make sure you cut these out before your first wear,’ she captioned the photo and showed that she had removed the plastic straps from the sides of the bra.

She explained that the clear, plastic straps that run on the sides of many of Kmart’s popular bras can often be a hassle and poke into the skin.

‘It’s super easy because within an hour of wear, the bottom is already sticking out and it is super painful,’ she explained.

The woman added that the bra still ‘sits fine’ without the plastic protruding from the sides.

kmart2.jpg
The shopper cut the plastic strips from inside the bra. Credit: Facebook

Other Kmart shoppers were shocked by the simple hack, with many saying that the woman had solved a common frustration when wearing the undergarment.

‘You can do that? I love the bra but these sides hurt so much!’ One commented on her post.

‘You’re a genius, thank you. This is the part that always bothers me,’ another shared.

Someone said that they owned the same bra and when they wore it again recently, they remembered why they stopped wearing it. ‘Thank you, perfect timing. What a game changer!’ They added.

‘Good idea. Thanks, I have two of these and the plastic is painful,’ one more social media user responded. While one shared that they never thought of removing the clear straps before.

‘I just tried this and you’re right – makes them so much more comfortable. I’m blown away,’ another wrote.

Some said they were keen to try the hack on their own bras.

‘I’ve had these bras for ages and had no idea that this could be done!’ admitted one.

Another agreed and stated that they were going to inspect all of their bras to remove the clear plastic straps.

The shopper gave a disclaimer that although she knew that not everyone experiences issues with the Kmart bra, it’s still a handy hack to keep in the back of their minds.

‘It may or may not be important to you as everyone has different body shapes, I just thought I’d share with those gals who had the same problem as me so you don’t lose faith in them, they are a great bra,’ she explained.

bra2.jpg
The Kmart shopper said the straps are a hassle. Credit: Facebook

Plastic boning is more flexible and easier to use for designers, which is why they’re good for curves on more everyday garments. It can also prevent garment seams from curling up.

But they can be painful if they're not sitting correctly. There is believed that there is no consequence of removing this from your bra, well, except extra comfort.
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper shared a bra hack that can make Kmart's popular bras more comfortable.
  • The hack involves cutting out the plastic strips, sometimes called boning, that run along the sides of the bra.
  • The hack has been praised as a 'game changer' by other shoppers.
  • The shopper who shared the hack said it may or may not be important to people depending on their body shape, but it is a good hack to keep in mind.
Ladies, will you try this hack? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Oh goodness, I thought everyone did that! I've been doing it for 50+years, they are so uncomfortable I thought those strips were only in there to help keep their shape until you'd bought them.
never knew this exited. Have never bought a bra at Kmart. If this was a common thing designers use, then why aren't they on other bras in other shops. I have found bits to firm up sides of bras are usually sewn in. I would have thought looking at this it was to make them look good on the hanger instead of sagging/flopping.

Most women buy the wrong size and style of bra. If you get your bras fitted at a reputable bra shop they shouldn’t be at all uncomfortable. And yes, I do understand that they’re generally more expensive, but even if you get a fitting now and then it would tell you what size you should be wearing. And I would guess that many women would be surprised!

Most women buy the wrong size and style of bra. If you get your bras fitted at a reputable bra shop they shouldn’t be at all uncomfortable. And yes, I do understand that they’re generally more expensive, but even if you get a fitting now and then it would tell you what size you should be wearing. And I would guess that many women would be surprised!
So true, but I have found that depending which store you purchase your bra, and sometimes between brands in the same store, the sizing changes. The same size in one brand wont fit properly in another brand. This is so annoying.

I only wear a bra in the winter & now I only wear the ones that do up in the front it is too hard to reach around with arthritic shoulders. in spring & autumn, I wear camisoles with skinny straps & in summer boob tubes. In Queensland, you dress for the Climate.

Reactions: Rosalie30
Making sure that your wardrobe is comfortable can sometimes be a challenge. This is especially true for women who know how difficult it can be to find the right bra.

The rise of online shopping has made it quicker to shop from home, but sometimes the best options aren't always that obvious. And so the search can feel like a never-ending endeavour. What’s worse is that when the item arrives, sometimes it doesn’t fit as you expected it to.

So, imagine our surprise when we stumbled across this genius hack from a friendly Kmart shopper to salvage that uncomfortable bra you bought – and ladies, it’s sure to make your life so much more comfier!

The shopper took to a popular Facebook group to reveal how she makes her bras a lot more comfortable by doing ‘one simple thing’.

She posted a photo of a lacy dusty pink bra from Kmart and explained how she makes a simple alteration to ensure she can wear it all day long.

View attachment 13616
The woman shared her bra ‘hack’ on Facebook. Credit: Kmart

‘Make sure you cut these out before your first wear,’ she captioned the photo and showed that she had removed the plastic straps from the sides of the bra.

She explained that the clear, plastic straps that run on the sides of many of Kmart’s popular bras can often be a hassle and poke into the skin.

‘It’s super easy because within an hour of wear, the bottom is already sticking out and it is super painful,’ she explained.

The woman added that the bra still ‘sits fine’ without the plastic protruding from the sides.

View attachment 13618
The shopper cut the plastic strips from inside the bra. Credit: Facebook

Other Kmart shoppers were shocked by the simple hack, with many saying that the woman had solved a common frustration when wearing the undergarment.

‘You can do that? I love the bra but these sides hurt so much!’ One commented on her post.

‘You’re a genius, thank you. This is the part that always bothers me,’ another shared.

Someone said that they owned the same bra and when they wore it again recently, they remembered why they stopped wearing it. ‘Thank you, perfect timing. What a game changer!’ They added.

‘Good idea. Thanks, I have two of these and the plastic is painful,’ one more social media user responded. While one shared that they never thought of removing the clear straps before.

‘I just tried this and you’re right – makes them so much more comfortable. I’m blown away,’ another wrote.

Some said they were keen to try the hack on their own bras.

‘I’ve had these bras for ages and had no idea that this could be done!’ admitted one.

Another agreed and stated that they were going to inspect all of their bras to remove the clear plastic straps.

The shopper gave a disclaimer that although she knew that not everyone experiences issues with the Kmart bra, it’s still a handy hack to keep in the back of their minds.

‘It may or may not be important to you as everyone has different body shapes, I just thought I’d share with those gals who had the same problem as me so you don’t lose faith in them, they are a great bra,’ she explained.

View attachment 13617
The Kmart shopper said the straps are a hassle. Credit: Facebook

Plastic boning is more flexible and easier to use for designers, which is why they’re good for curves on more everyday garments. It can also prevent garment seams from curling up.

But they can be painful if they're not sitting correctly. There is believed that there is no consequence of removing this from your bra, well, except extra comfort.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper shared a bra hack that can make Kmart's popular bras more comfortable.
  • The hack involves cutting out the plastic strips, sometimes called boning, that run along the sides of the bra.
  • The hack has been praised as a 'game changer' by other shoppers.
  • The shopper who shared the hack said it may or may not be important to people depending on their body shape, but it is a good hack to keep in mind.
Ladies, will you try this hack? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Sorry I am 69 and have been doing this for over 50 years, it’s not new

Reactions: debjane
I don't buy my bras from KMart but I do take anything out that make them uncomfortable ,,,,the cup wire goes first,,the comfort by doing that exceeds imagination

Reactions: midgemills
Gravity is a BIG problem for women, when they get older🤭 they all need underwire.
Unless they have had some work done 🤣

So true, but I have found that depending which store you purchase your bra, and sometimes between brands in the same store, the sizing changes. The same size in one brand wont fit properly in another brand. This is so annoying.
I agree about the bra sizing. There seems to be no standard set for womens clothing. I have clothes sized 10 12 14 in my wardrobe but they are all the same size when you put against each other. Makes it so hard.