Kmart announces a huge change that will definitely make you excited for Christmas

Kmart announces a huge change that will definitely make you excited for Christmas
Kmart has announced a huge change that will definitely get Aussies excited for the upcoming holidays.

The retailer announced their partnership with Afterpay for their new 'buy now, pay later’ scheme will now also be applied to in-store purchases.

PDu8u_fCsYTPHoMr92Pp8XwVvrtis9N8uuuH1Whr24WRwRzGbYvtEtENXAp-WbReITm1mvFA4VJ0tSaIJtcBZ0TNEVCTP0FrXIaAmpRamobOg2_4oN_fvR4RPeZJlLlVlUfE9aQ

Kmart will be extending their ‘buy now, pay later’ scheme to their in-store operations, making shopping in their stores a bliss. Credit: Getty Images.
Kmart has been offering a similar 'Afterpay service' to their online customers for the last three years. However, the retailer is extending the service to in-store customers, making shopping in their stores even more of a bliss.

Afterpay Executive Vice President and Country Manager Katrina Konstas said: "We know how much our customers love shopping at Kmart and we have heard you, we are absolutely delighted to be able to offer this seven weeks out from Christmas."

"We also know how much younger Australians have missed shopping in-store (69%) and how excited they are to hit the shops again (42%) as found in our recent Lockdown Liberation Study."

Kmart General Manager of Stores Chris Renshaw added: "Introducing Afterpay across our network of stores including our K hub stores, just in time for Christmas is incredibly exciting – customers can now have even more access to our products with the added benefit of managing their budgets for Christmas time and well into the future. We look forward to expanding this offering into New Zealand early next year."

SNNB_iAo4y0CJiFFRvIqMG3riEJWmuv5SGIfE8bOGqaoaNNWRsbbbCy6crrnUWvBFdkS0E1ZVA6xQ93_6eVE5ZPcaeojVIeKGDlNtuFejLARBiVHcs-uCEgyXUL9ZxcNt5x4Mj0
\
Afterpay executive said that in-store shoppers will be expected as 69 per cent of Aussies have missed in-store shopping. Credit: AAP.
The announcement was made shortly after Kmart boss John Gualtieri confirmed in a controversial email that NSW stores will be closing their doors to unvaccinated customers.

The CEO confirmed that the restrictions were in line with the current government regulations to ensure a "safe, seamless and convenient" shopping experience.

"As per the NSW Government requirement, customers will need to show proof that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated, unless a medical exemption applies," the email read.

A Kmart spokesperson also told 7News that the retailer will continue to follow government guidelines.

The spokesperson said: "We will continue to comply with evolving government requirements to keep our customers and team safe and we will keep customers updated should requirements change."

Kmart's statement has sparked some debate and confusion among Kmart shoppers, with a number of customers thinking that the store will 'permanently' ban unvaccinated shoppers.

One person wrote on Kmart's Facebook page: "Are they not letting unvaccinated people shop in-store??"

Meanwhile, others expressed their disapproval of the restrictions, threatening to boycott the establishment.

"Wow, I never thought Kmart would discriminate so ashamed of them, thought they were a great store, l need to think again," wrote one.

"Kmart I have been a massive supporter of your store. but that has now ended. Never again will I purchase anything from your stores. Discrimination Disgusting," another added.

On the other hand, many supported the move.

One Facebook user wrote: "Well, people should be vaccinated."

Another added: "Good on them, I am double vaccinated so don’t have an issue."

What do you think about Kmart offering buy now, pay later schemes in-store?

Reactions: Rita
Sponsored
I am very proud of your choice to help us stay healthy. I am an 80 year old Kmart shopper and have always worried about Covid19 during my shopping. I can meet my daughter or my friends and have fun shopping together in safety.
Thank you and for those who HAVE NOT been vaccinated stay away if you haven’t got a Doctors certification to be unvaccinated. Just GET vaccinations and you will be free!!!

Reactions: Liz and The Bunyip
Kmart has announced a huge change that will definitely get Aussies excited for the upcoming holidays.

The retailer announced their partnership with Afterpay for their new 'buy now, pay later’ scheme will now also be applied to in-store purchases.

PDu8u_fCsYTPHoMr92Pp8XwVvrtis9N8uuuH1Whr24WRwRzGbYvtEtENXAp-WbReITm1mvFA4VJ0tSaIJtcBZ0TNEVCTP0FrXIaAmpRamobOg2_4oN_fvR4RPeZJlLlVlUfE9aQ

Kmart will be extending their ‘buy now, pay later’ scheme to their in-store operations, making shopping in their stores a bliss. Credit: Getty Images.
Kmart has been offering a similar 'Afterpay service' to their online customers for the last three years. However, the retailer is extending the service to in-store customers, making shopping in their stores even more of a bliss.

Afterpay Executive Vice President and Country Manager Katrina Konstas said: "We know how much our customers love shopping at Kmart and we have heard you, we are absolutely delighted to be able to offer this seven weeks out from Christmas."

"We also know how much younger Australians have missed shopping in-store (69%) and how excited they are to hit the shops again (42%) as found in our recent Lockdown Liberation Study."

Kmart General Manager of Stores Chris Renshaw added: "Introducing Afterpay across our network of stores including our K hub stores, just in time for Christmas is incredibly exciting – customers can now have even more access to our products with the added benefit of managing their budgets for Christmas time and well into the future. We look forward to expanding this offering into New Zealand early next year."

SNNB_iAo4y0CJiFFRvIqMG3riEJWmuv5SGIfE8bOGqaoaNNWRsbbbCy6crrnUWvBFdkS0E1ZVA6xQ93_6eVE5ZPcaeojVIeKGDlNtuFejLARBiVHcs-uCEgyXUL9ZxcNt5x4Mj0
\

Afterpay executive said that in-store shoppers will be expected as 69 per cent of Aussies have missed in-store shopping. Credit: AAP.
The announcement was made shortly after Kmart boss John Gualtieri confirmed in a controversial email that NSW stores will be closing their doors to unvaccinated customers.

The CEO confirmed that the restrictions were in line with the current government regulations to ensure a "safe, seamless and convenient" shopping experience.

"As per the NSW Government requirement, customers will need to show proof that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated, unless a medical exemption applies," the email read.

A Kmart spokesperson also told 7News that the retailer will continue to follow government guidelines.

The spokesperson said: "We will continue to comply with evolving government requirements to keep our customers and team safe and we will keep customers updated should requirements change."

Kmart's statement has sparked some debate and confusion among Kmart shoppers, with a number of customers thinking that the store will 'permanently' ban unvaccinated shoppers.

One person wrote on Kmart's Facebook page: "Are they not letting unvaccinated people shop in-store??"

Meanwhile, others expressed their disapproval of the restrictions, threatening to boycott the establishment.

"Wow, I never thought Kmart would discriminate so ashamed of them, thought they were a great store, l need to think again," wrote one.

"Kmart I have been a massive supporter of your store. but that has now ended. Never again will I purchase anything from your stores. Discrimination Disgusting," another added.

This is being discriminatary ! I have not had any vaccinations against COVID, and I don't intend to either. Who knows what the side effects will be in 10 years onwards !

\

Well K Mart was my favourite place to shop but because of your blatant discrimination against fellow Aussies for not getting the jab I will never set foot in your doors again shame on you for not being strong and wise and dont listen to our corrupt government and shame on those whose commented saying yes keep the un vax out you do realize you are the carriers we are more scared of you specially if you are being topped up with the booster never thought I would see the day this would happen in Australia Nazis all of you shame shame shame

• Angry
Reactions: Vinylted
I am very proud of your choice to help us stay healthy. I am an 80 year old Kmart shopper and have always worried about Covid19 during my shopping. I can meet my daughter or my friends and have fun shopping together in safety.
Thank you and for those who HAVE NOT been vaccinated stay away if you haven’t got a Doctors certification to be unvaccinated. Just GET vaccinations and you will be free!!!
You should not brag about being jabbed in years to come your body will be paying for your stupidityI hope to God you all jabbed will be alright but sorry to say time will tell what our corrupt Government has done to this country and by the way how does K Mart keep you safe when un vax are outside of their shop what next jail everyone who havnt been jabbed hysteria and propaganda thats what our corrupt government uses to control the sheeples and bein proud of nazi like behavior lady really is this how you want your Grand children to grow up discriminate and divide people for following what they know is right .I can see the comic strips in years to come the vax walking around K.Mart with big signs haning around their necks I Am Vaxed patting each other on the back while us anti vax laughing our heads off ANTI VAX all the way baaaa baaaaa

• Angry
Anti Vax all the way I will never have that poison jabbed into my body the government is making fools of you all jabbed killing fellow friends and family with this poison think about it why are they changing it all the time because if one doesn't work and kills try another and another your just like the poor lab rats being experimented on wake up before its too late

• Angry
Reactions: Vinylted and Lizzy6
Certificate from a GP to say.OK not to have Vax.They are easy to get hold of,just like some drivers with a Disabled sticker on their car.You see them park,then they favour a leg complaint,for 4 paces & then take off like a race horse,into a shop.No Vax,No shopping,have someone do it for them.They may reverse their Anti vax ,Myths then.

Keep the unvaxx OUT I want to feel safe when I and my whole family shop at Kmart.
Certificate from a GP to say.OK not to have Vax.They are easy to get hold of,just like some drivers with a Disabled sticker on their car.You see them park,then they favour a leg complaint,for 4 paces & then take off like a race horse,into a shop.No Vax,No shopping,have someone do it for them.They may reverse their Anti vax ,Myths then.

Do any of you realize that this vaccine uses a monkey virus its vector? This vector uses mRNA to tell healthy muscle cells to start making spikes, to trick the immune system into making Covid-19-specific antibodies to destroy them? Or, that the mortality rate of this virus is less lethal than the measles? Just read the stats!

You don't even care that there are only 13 active cases in Queensland. Or, even care that 99% of those unvaccinated are not even infected. You don't seem to care about how this government is destroying our economy, our jobs, our small businesses, and our lives. Or care that the government is planning to infect even our 5 year old. You don't seem to care that over 98% of all those infected have recovered naturally. Even BEFORE THERE WAS ANY VACCINES!! Or, that 99% of Australians are not even infected. Based on the results of millions of tests. Less than 1% are positive.

If people feel more secure wearing useless masks, or keeping 2 meters apart from each others, then no one is forcing them NOT TO! But forcing anyone directly or indirectly to conform to the wishes of the masses, or to blatantly discriminate against other Australians, is the first step towards cultural bigotry and racism. Australia is not a Fascist country! There is no rational justification for this over-reaction. This is just just the flu. The rest is just mass hysteria being sold as as a viral apocalypse. The media has made sure that this nonsense is the only thing that stays on our mind. They have done more damage than this virus ever could! Please, Australians are not sheep. So, lets not act like one.

• Angry
Good Afternoon Members! I can see this debate is getting quite heated. I just wanted to jump in and say that if this debate continues to get heated and disrespectful we will remove this article from the forum entirely.

We understand the topic of COVID-19 vaccinations is an emotional one, it's one of the main reasons we have steered clear of this topic on our forum. We want our forum to be a kind and safe place for our members to engage with one another, read the news, escape their reality, read some jokes, crack a few riddles, reflect on their past etc. So let's try keep the conversations respectful where ever we can!

If anyone has any issues with this, please feel free to message me directly here or email me at [email protected]!

Reactions: Liz
Good Afternoon Members! I can see this debate is getting quite heated. I just wanted to jump in and say that if this debate continues to get heated and disrespectful we will remove this article from the forum entirely.

We understand the topic of COVID-19 vaccinations is an emotional one, it's one of the main reasons we have steered clear of this topic on our forum. We want our forum to be a kind and safe place for our members to engage with one another, read the news, escape their reality, read some jokes, crack a few riddles, reflect on their past etc. So let's try keep the conversations respectful where ever we can!

If anyone has any issues with this, please feel free to message me directly here or email me at [email protected]!

Unfortunately, vaccination can be a personal issue for many. As a vulnerable person I am totally in favour of anything that may keep my health reasonable. I cannot see how any store is going to police this issue without resorting to security and that would cause huge problems. I have seen people sneak into stores here in Queensland without signing in etc. so the policing issue is of no use, as far as I can see. I like the idea of being vaccinated but there are some people who will never agree with me.:cry:

Hey @Liz I completely completely understand, as a fellow vulnerable person I share the same fears! I think what you have said at the end of your comment is exactly what I agree with, I too like the idea of everyone being vaccinated and safe but there are some people who will just never agree with that and that's okay. At the end of the day we can control what we choose to do, but not what others choose to do! And because this forum is just a friendly place where we want to make everyone's day and just make sure people are feeling connected it's best we keep things light hearted and feel like this is a bit of a safe escape from our wild reality ❤️

This is being discriminatary ! I have not had any vaccinations against COVID, and I don't intend to either. Who knows what the side effects will be in 10 years onwards !
For members of this forum, ten years on would be a minimum age of 70+ with a large percentage having already met their maker via other ills! To avoid vaccination on the premise of what might happen in a decade or more... get real.. help protect the people around you! :censored:

Reactions: Jumbody and Liz
You should not brag about being jabbed in years to come your body will be paying for your stupidityI hope to God you all jabbed will be alright but sorry to say time will tell what our corrupt Government has done to this country and by the way how does K Mart keep you safe when un vax are outside of their shop what next jail everyone who havnt been jabbed hysteria and propaganda thats what our corrupt government uses to control the sheeples and bein proud of nazi like behavior lady really is this how you want your Grand children to grow up discriminate and divide people for following what they know is right .I can see the comic strips in years to come the vax walking around K.Mart with big signs haning around their necks I Am Vaxed patting each other on the back while us anti vax laughing our heads off ANTI VAX all the way baaaa baaaaa
Shelby what a diatribe of idiocy.. an 80 year old being warned of what MIGHT happen years down the track with no evidence except your weird conspiracy theories. Get real, you obviously didn't live through the Polio epidemic and the ravages of smallpox! Vaccination beat those disease so you should feel grateful and don't spout verbal diarrhea !

Reactions: Jumbody and Liz