Kmart’s latest beauty tool lineup makes shoppers’ eyebrows raise for a different reason

Kmart's latest beauty tool lineup has caused quite the stir among shoppers, with some of the products' designs prompting double-takes and blushes.

The retail giant, known for its budget-friendly offerings, may have inadvertently ventured into risqué territory with its new range of personal care items.

As the buzz around these products grows, people on social media can't help but share their amusement and disbelief.

The items in question include the OXX Microdermabrasion Wand ($49.00), LED Light Therapy Glasses (49.00), and a Vibrating Facial Cleanser ($11.00).

However, it's the Vacuum Pore Cleanser ($19.00) that's causing the most commotion, thanks to its suggestive shape that seems more at home in an adult store than a beauty aisle.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 120534.jpg
A Kmart shopper shared an image of this Kmart Vacuum Pore Cleanser, garnering various reactions due to its appearance. Credits: Kmart Australia

'Ummm dirty mind here, anyone else? Spotted these at my local,' one shopper mused.

Despite the packaging's clear description of the items' intended use, it's the visual innuendos that had people talking.

'Before I clicked on the pic, I didn't know what your dirty mind was thinking, but when I clicked it, I saw,' one commenter admitted.

'Looks like Kmart needs an R18+ section,' another joked.

‘Well that was a W** moment,’ a third chimed.

The conversation doesn't stop there. In another instance, a shopper shared her husband's reaction to her new beauty tools: 'Husband got a bit excited when I brought home my cosmetic beauty treatments,' she said.

The facial massager, designed to soothe and calm the skin, also raised eyebrows, with some suggesting it looked more appropriate for an Adults Only shop.

'I wonder how many of these products are actually used for their intended use,' a curious shopper pondered.

This isn't the first time Kmart has had customers doing a double-take.

Previously, the Soft Play Triangle ($25.00), intended for children, bore an uncanny resemblance to a $190 sex-position wedge from an adult shop.

‘Ladies, Kmart always comes out with the goods. It's a save of over $100,’ a mum shared on social media.

Meanwhile, another Kmart customer also shared an erotic-looking home item they stumbled upon recently.

These instances had many others thinking that Kmart's design team was aware of the humorous aspect, and deliberately crafted the attention-grabbing range.

‘I swear they do it on purpose to get everyone talking, and build more and more publicity…’ one commenter suggested.

‘Surely some of it is intentional,’ another agreed.

‘It was only a matter of time before they jumped on the bandwagon… money grabbers,’ a third speculated.

Despite the eyebrow-raising designs, Kmart's beauty range continued to garner positive reviews from those who've tried the products.

'I wasn't expecting results from this to be honest but it has caused significant changes to my skin,' a satisfied customer shared about the 2-in-1 Electronic Facial Cleansing Brush ($11.00).

Another added, 'My face feels fantastic after using this cleansing brush.'

So, if you're able to look beyond the X-rated comparisons, Kmart's personal care range might just surprise you with its effectiveness and affordability.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart launched a new line of beauty tools that some shoppers say resemble x-rated products, amusing customers and sparking social media chatter.
  • Shoppers shared posts about the look-alike items, such as the Vacuum Pore Cleanser, questioning their design and joking about their appearances.
  • Some speculated the design team at Kmart might have deliberately created the controversial shapes to generate publicity and boost sales.
  • Despite their suggestive appearances, the tools like the 2-in-1 Electronic Facial Cleansing Brush are gaining popularity for their effectiveness in skincare.
Have you come across any products that made you do a double-take? How important is product design to you when making a purchase? Join the conversation below, and let's discuss the quirky side of retail therapy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I had to laugh as I had no idea about what people were referring to - I obviously have lived a very sheltered life!! So if it didn't occur to me what they were suggesting, I would think that unless you were aware of "adult toys", then shoppers like me wouldn't have a problem.

Well, gee, golly, gosh ... it must be about time the advertising of candles and celery sticks gets banned, too, because of their exotic uses (or should that be "erotic"?). And, of course, we won't even contemplate the things that some people do with bananas!

Used one of these kinda machines once bought from an tv infomercial to suck zits and clean pores - it felt awful and i ended up with a good dose of squirts from it (was nothing i ate). Would never use anything like it again

Reactions: Littleboy8
Oh for Gods sake …” Get A Life!”… some people have a wild imagination, and obviously only one thing on their mind. Does sex have to come into everything these days.

• Sad
Reactions: Bullwinkle
I had to laugh as I had no idea about what people were referring to - I obviously have lived a very sheltered life!! So if it didn't occur to me what they were suggesting, I would think that unless you were aware of "adult toys", then shoppers like me wouldn't have a problem.
I think the same as you, I see things for are.