Kids show 'Bluey' is causing American kids to start using Aussie accents and words, according to their parents!

This week marks the return to television of Bluey, the beloved animated dog who has brought smiles to the faces of children all over the world.

But not all mums and dads are happy.

Even though the very first of 11 brand new episodes aired on Monday, parents all over the world are getting ready for what one mum has referred to as a "funny phenomenon."

After becoming obsessed with the adventures of a Blue Heeler puppy, Bluey, an American mum complained that her toddler daughter has developed an Australian accent and now uses 'foreign' words every single day.

The mum, who goes by the name Kait on TikTok, explained that after watching the popular show, her daughter now refers to trash cans as "bins."

She captioned the video, "We are clearly a Bluey household."

mepVDBmz7acgFKODl8yLqU7EnEW6da5MixPBJdMtRof5s7iPfbhW_6MXms5z3_NnoBkecB510_l-zH75ZIxLaowV4QyjSC2hTa1aXr22rPymbzUw6wykI8LWMjrirN9mD1q7abTcn4nYcVQSAw

Bluey is a hugely popular Australian animated series about Bluey, a six-year-old dog, and her family. Credit: Vox.

"Who else's American child is out here speaking in an Australian accent?" Kait said at the beginning of the video, adding: "And now every Wednesday, I have to get the tiny human up extra early so she can 'take the bins out' with me."

"I feel like my life has just become re-enacting all different episodes of Bluey."

The mum also mentioned that her young child is now eager to assist with household chores just like the puppies on the show.

However, she must also take the time to explain to the child why she cannot put the rubbish bins out the night before as the characters in her favourite books do. "Black bears will get into the trash at this time of year," she explained.

And despite the fact that the busy mum "complained" about the accent, she also revealed that she "lives for it" and that she finds it to be extremely adorable.

It also appears from the comments left on Kait's video that her daughter isn't the only one going through this! Many other parents confirmed that they were experiencing the same thing.

One American man shared that his daughter says, "Daddy is golfing with his mates," while another parent revealed that their daughter now refers to the car trunk as "boot", just like how the Aussies do.

"My daughter now calls the 'yard' the 'garden' with an added Aussie accent," said a third.

Another mum from the US revealed that her child, who is only four years old, recently referred to her as "cheeky mum," which took her completely by surprise!

On the other hand, many Aussies remarked on how the "tables have turned" this time around.

"Aussie kids have been speaking like Americans forever!" one man wrote in the comments. A second local agreed and added, "As a parent of an Aussie child who says soda instead of soft drink and candy instead of lollies from watching American YouTube videos, welcome to my life!"

At long last, the beautiful Aussie accent is slowly taking over the world – one American kid at a time!

Sponsored
At last! Australia could at last take over the world thanks to this marvellous show! Lol. If you haven't watched Bluey yourself yet - do! It's so clever & good clean entertainment 😁 I started watching it with my 2 year old granddaughter & have now got my family & many friends similarly hooked on it! Like the American mother says = Aussie accent & Aussie words & ideas!! It's just marvellous 😀

great show, love the 6-20pm, not the 8am when trying to get kids in the car for school.

Reactions: Ricci