KFC Australia is honouring lefties by offering popular menu items for as low as $1 - but you'll have to hurry!

While most humans consider using their right hand to be the most natural thing in the world, it turns out that around 11 per cent of the population is left-handed – and sometimes, they feel like they are being 'frowned upon' by the right-hand dominant world.

Thankfully, a fast food company has come up with a unique way to show its support for lefties nationwide.

KFC has recently revealed that it is launching a Left-Handed Menu in a move to recognise southpaws – and in celebration, from October 20 for 11 days, some items on the menu will be offered at an incredibly low price at 1 pm AEDT on its app.

So, for the next 11 days, if you're left-handed and you're interested in enjoying some of KFC's most popular meals for only $1 each, you better visit the KFC app quickly and register before the time limit is up!

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 10.25.35 AM.png
KFC Australia is selling some of its most popular menu items, like Zinger Burgers, Twisters, and Popcorn Chicken, for as little as $1. Credit: KFC Australia.

The special promotion began on Thursday, October 20, at 1 pm and will end on Sunday, October 30, at 11:59 pm.

Customers who were among the first 11,000 users to sign up on the app will be able to enjoy the deal and treat themselves to bargains such as $1 Zinger burgers, $1 popcorn chicken, and $1 Twister snacks.

You might be wondering, 'Why are there so many 11s?'... Well, as we mentioned above, there are 11 per cent of people in the world that are left-handed, and KFC uses a secret blend of 11 spices and herbs, so the number seems to be fitting for the promotion. Pretty clever, actually!
Tip
To download the KFC App to your mobile devices, click this link!

In a statement, KFC explained that this campaign stems from an ad campaign in the 1980s that used the phrase: 'We do chicken right.'

KFC now says that the wording was clearly biased towards right-handed people and has vowed to correct the situation.

KFC Chief Marketing Officer Sally Spriggs explained: 'At KFC, we believe everyone has a seat at the table, and no one should be left out, but we'll admit that we've been guilty of unknowingly favouring the right-handers over the years.'

She then went on to say that the company is thrilled to be launching the world's first left-handed KFC menu. Wow, what a wonderful way to go above and beyond just to make sure folks don't feel 'left' out! (Pardon the pun…)

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 10.25.27 AM.png
Of course, KFC's iconic chicken is also available at a discount. Credit: KFC Australia.

To the right-handed folks out there (us included), don't worry because we can still be a part of this amazing promo period.

'And, while we won't turn any right-handers away, we recommend using your left hand for the finest eating experience,' Spriggs added.
Key Takeaways

• KFC has launched a new campaign to honour left-handed people, which includes a left-handed menu and cheap prices on select items.
  • The campaign was launched in response to an ad campaign from the 1980s which showed favouritism towards right-handed people.
  • The offer is only available for a limited time and expires on October 30.

So, members, whether you're left-handed or not, don't miss out on this epic opportunity and treat yourself to some of KFC's best-loved chicken dishes – just make sure to eat them with your left hand!

Last edited:
Sponsored
While most humans consider using their right hand to be the most natural thing in the world, it turns out that around 11 per cent of the population is left-handed – and sometimes, they feel like they are being 'frowned upon' by the right-hand dominant world.

Thankfully, a fast food company has come up with a unique way to show its support for lefties nationwide.

KFC has recently revealed that it is launching a Left-Handed Menu in a move to recognise southpaws – and in celebration, from October 20 for 11 days, some items on the menu will be offered at an incredibly low price at 1 pm AEDT on its app.

So, for the next 11 days, if you're left-handed and you're interested in enjoying some of KFC's most popular meals for only $1 each, you better visit the KFC app quickly and register before the time limit is up!

View attachment 7506
KFC Australia is selling some of its most popular menu items, like Zinger Burgers, Twisters, and Popcorn Chicken, for as little as $1. Credit: KFC Australia.

The special promotion began on Monday, October 20, at 1 pm and will end on Wednesday, October 30, at 11:59 pm.

Customers who were among the first 11,000 users to sign up on the app will be able to enjoy the deal and treat themselves to bargains such as $1 Zinger burgers, $1 popcorn chicken, and $1 Twister snacks.

You might be wondering, 'Why are there so many 11s?'... Well, as we mentioned above, there are 11 per cent of people in the world that are left-handed, and KFC uses a secret blend of 11 spices and herbs, so the number seems to be fitting for the promotion. Pretty clever, actually!
Tip

In a statement, KFC explained that this campaign stems from an ad campaign in the 1980s that used the phrase: 'We do chicken right.'

KFC now says that the wording was clearly biased towards right-handed people and has vowed to correct the situation.

KFC Chief Marketing Officer Sally Spriggs explained: 'At KFC, we believe everyone has a seat at the table, and no one should be left out, but we'll admit that we've been guilty of unknowingly favouring the right-handers over the years.'

She then went on to say that the company is thrilled to be launching the world's first left-handed KFC menu. Wow, what a wonderful way to go above and beyond just to make sure folks don't feel 'left' out! (Pardon the pun…)

View attachment 7507
Of course, KFC's iconic chicken is also available at a discount. Credit: KFC Australia.

To the right-handed folks out there (us included), don't worry because we can still be a part of this amazing promo period.

'And, while we won't turn any right-handers away, we recommend using your left hand for the finest eating experience,' Spriggs added.
Key Takeaways

• KFC has launched a new campaign to honour left-handed people, which includes a left-handed menu and cheap prices on select items.
  • The campaign was launched in response to an ad campaign from the 1980s which showed favouritism towards right-handed people.

So, members, whether you're left-handed or not, don't miss out on this epic opportunity and treat yourself to some of KFC's best-loved chicken dishes – just make sure to eat them with your left hand!

View attachment 7506

The special promotion began on Monday, October 20, at 1 pm and will end on Wednesday, October 30, at 11:59 pm.

Tip

View attachment 7507

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7506

Tip

View attachment 7507

Key Takeaways

I'm a lefty but I didn't think there was a difference when it comes to wrapping food.

The only thing I sometimes have trouble with is writing on a white board as I find it's easy for me to smudge

My father was a lefty but as a child was forced to use his right hand.

Out of my 13 kids only my eldest and youngest are left handed.

When I was at work I couldn't tell you how many people would say ' oh your a lefty,

I write, iron, cut n chop with my left hand
I eat with my fork in my left hand and knife in my right.

I set the table with fork to the left and knife to the right as this just looks like the right way

I've never seen the sense in making left handed items as you get used to right handed items at a young age eg I've never been able to use left handed scissors

Reactions: Ricci
I have 3 grandsons and 2 are lefty I'm right handed but I iron set the table left handed so we have a mix in my family and we all fell fine

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE........Under the image of a lefty holding a burger and a roll ... is THIS

What year was this promotion .. I have run my calender on for 4years and CANNOT FIND those two date to match the quoted days,,,,
AGAIN THIS SOUNDS LIKE TOTAL BS AT IT'S WORST.

If this ends on October 30th THAT IS A SUNDAY

Oh! I am selling left-handed screw-drivers for any suckers who put an order in.

AH HA! I have it now ... NSW put the time ahead by one hour AND MOVE THE DAYS AHEAD BY 4 DAYS... OH THEY ARE SO CLEVER.. Down south,,,, We might never catchup at this rate. Or is this the Mayan Calander and they haven't caught up yet... hmmm food for thought

Last edited:
WHAT AM I MISSING HERE........Under the image of a lefty holding a burger and a roll ... is THIS

What year was this promotion .. I have run my calender on for 4years and CANNOT FIND those two date to match the quoted days,,,,
AGAIN THIS SOUNDS LIKE TOTAL BS AT IT'S WORST.

If this ends on October 30th THAT IS A SATURDAY

Oh! I am selling left-handed screw-drivers for any suckers who put an order in.

AH HA! I have it now ... NSW put the time ahead by one hour AND MOVE THE DAYS AHEAD BY 4 DAYS... OH THEY ARE SO CLEVER.. Down south,,,, We might never catchup at this rate. Or is this the Mayan Calander and they haven't caught up yet... hmmm food for thought
I too wondered about the dates quoted. I checked my computer date then had to convince myself today was Friday, so either 20th lasted for 4 days (I do know Mondays can drag on!), or I'm four days ahead of myself.:)

Reactions: Vet543 and Sloopy
So sorry about that, folks! The dates mentioned in the article have already been corrected: October 20 is a Thursday, and October 30 is a Sunday. Thank you so much for pointing this out!

I'm a lefty but I didn't think there was a difference when it comes to wrapping food.

The only thing I sometimes have trouble with is writing on a white board as I find it's easy for me to smudge

My father was a lefty but as a child was forced to use his right hand.

Out of my 13 kids only my eldest and youngest are left handed.

When I was at work I couldn't tell you how many people would say ' oh your a lefty,

I write, iron, cut n chop with my left hand
I eat with my fork in my left hand and knife in my right.

I set the table with fork to the left and knife to the right as this just looks like the right way

I've never seen the sense in making left handed items as you get used to right handed items at a young age eg I've never been able to use left handed scissors

Time to delete this rubbish! Downloaded app only to have it say there were only 1000 & none left! Biggest gimmick to get customers in the door - UNINSTALLING APP & KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I RARELY EVER BUY THE RUBBISH!
WHAT A CON!!!