Juicy and tender mushroom stuffed chicken breast

What could be more injoyable.
H
Juicy and tender mushroom stuffed chicken breast recipe in a creamy mustard garlic sauce. Low carb and keto-friendly chicken recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner the whole family can enjoy.

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp olive oil divided

• 8 oz brown mushrooms sliced

• 4 cloves garlic minced

• 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless

• Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste

• 1 tsp onion powder

• 1 tsp Italian seasoning

• 8 slices mozzarella cheese

Creamy sauce:

• 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely chopped

• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard

• 1 tbsp gluten-free flour

• 1 cups almond milk Do not use sweetened almond milk

• 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese

• 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

Instructions

• Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms.

• Sauté stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender. Lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside in a bowl together with all the juices.

• Cut a lengthways pocket to each chicken breast. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and seasonings on both sides and into the pocket too.

• Stuff the pockets with mozzarella slices and sautéed mushrooms, then seal with a toothpick. It's ok if you have any leftover mushrooms, we'll add them later on to the sauce.

• Heat again the pan and add in the remaining oil. Add chicken and sear until golden on both sides, about 6-8 minutes in total. Set aside on a plate.

• To the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook over medium heat for no longer than 1 minute, or until fragrant.

• Add in the mustard, flour, and whisk for a bit. Pour the milk little by little, whisking after each addition to incorporate and form a thick sauce.

• Once all the milk is added and there are no visible lumps, stir in the ground parmesan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. If you have any remaining sautéed mushrooms and juices, now it's the time to add them to your sauce.

• Return the chicken to the pan and into the sauce, and spoon the sauce over.

• Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temp shows 165F.

• Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve warm.

Notes

• Almond Milk: You may use any other non-dairy milk, or 2% milk. NOTE: be careful not to use sweetened almond milk especially vanilla flavored.

• Use any other oil if needed like avocado or grapeseed oil.

• You may use another white cheese in place of mozzarella-like provolone.

• Gluten-free flour can be replaced with any other flour.

• Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for optimal flavor.

• Cook over medium heat so the chicken cooks evenly and isn't too dry and rubbery.

• You may use another veggie in place of mushrooms.

Nutrition

Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 584kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 1084mg | Potassium: 1171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 539mg | Iron: 2mgt

This is so flavoursome you will love it.

Cheesy Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken.jpeg.jpg
Image and Recipe Source: Cafe Delites

Attachments

• Mushroom-stuffed-chicken.jpg
    Mushroom-stuffed-chicken.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
What could be more injoyable.
H
Juicy and tender mushroom stuffed chicken breast recipe in a creamy mustard garlic sauce. Low carb and keto-friendly chicken recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner the whole family can enjoy.

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp olive oil divided

• 8 oz brown mushrooms sliced

• 4 cloves garlic minced

• 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless

• 1 tsp onion powder

• 1 tsp Italian seasoning

• 8 slices mozzarella cheese

Creamy sauce:

• 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely chopped

• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard

• 1 tbsp gluten-free flour

• 1 cups almond milk Do not use sweetened almond milk

• 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese

• 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

Instructions

• Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms.

• Sauté stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender. Lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside in a bowl together with all the juices.

• Cut a lengthways pocket to each chicken breast. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and seasonings on both sides and into the pocket too.

• Stuff the pockets with mozzarella slices and sautéed mushrooms, then seal with a toothpick. It's ok if you have any leftover mushrooms, we'll add them later on to the sauce.

• Heat again the pan and add in the remaining oil. Add chicken and sear until golden on both sides, about 6-8 minutes in total. Set aside on a plate.

• To the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook over medium heat for no longer than 1 minute, or until fragrant.

• Add in the mustard, flour, and whisk for a bit. Pour the milk little by little, whisking after each addition to incorporate and form a thick sauce.

• Once all the milk is added and there are no visible lumps, stir in the ground parmesan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. If you have any remaining sautéed mushrooms and juices, now it's the time to add them to your sauce.

• Return the chicken to the pan and into the sauce, and spoon the sauce over.

• Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temp shows 165F.

• Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve warm.

Notes

• Almond Milk: You may use any other non-dairy milk, or 2% milk. NOTE: be careful not to use sweetened almond milk especially vanilla flavored.

• Use any other oil if needed like avocado or grapeseed oil.

• You may use another white cheese in place of mozzarella-like provolone.

• Gluten-free flour can be replaced with any other flour.

• Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for optimal flavor.

• Cook over medium heat so the chicken cooks evenly and isn't too dry and rubbery.

• You may use another veggie in place of mushrooms.

Nutrition

Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 584kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 1084mg | Potassium: 1171mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 539mg | Iron: 2mgt

This is so flavoursome you will love it.

View attachment 37536
Image and Recipe Source: Cafe Delites
Sounds good, but there's nowhere I can buy 8oz mushrooms

Are you too young to remember that 8oz equates to about 225gm? Or do you think “8oz mushrooms” are a type of mushroom? 🙄
Why don't you go to wollies or Coles get 500 grams mushrooms use what you need, than the rest fry and out on your morning toast, no waste

Reactions: DLHM
Are you too young to remember that 8oz equates to about 225gm? Or do you think “8oz mushrooms” are a type of mushroom? 🙄
Wow what's to stop you buying 500grm? Why do you keep having a go at me?

Wow what's to stop you buying 500grm? Why do you keep having a go at me?
I don’t know what you mean. I’m not having a go at you at all. My comment about the 8oz mushrooms was a reply to MHM. That person had said, “there's nowhere I can buy 8oz mushrooms”. Obviously referring to the Imperial measurement instead of Metric. I didn’t know why you had suggested to me to buy 500gm, but thought I’d just reply to show how much I like mushrooms. The only person I was having a go at was MHM because this wasn’t the first time they’d commented on an American recipe.
I’m sorry you misunderstood my post.

Reactions: Babybird
I don’t know what you mean. I’m not having a go at you at all. My comment about the 8oz mushrooms was a reply to MHM. That person had said, “there's nowhere I can buy 8oz mushrooms”. Obviously referring to the Imperial measurement instead of Metric. I didn’t know why you had suggested to me to buy 500gm, but thought I’d just reply to show how much I like mushrooms. The only person I was having a go at was MHM because this wasn’t the first time they’d commented on an American recipe.
I’m sorry you misunderstood my post.
My apologies, no matter what I say she takes it the wrong way presuming she or he.

Reactions: DLHM