James Stewart and Sarah Roberts confirm divorce after almost four years of marriage

Navigating the choppy waters of both on-screen drama and real-life relationships, fans of the beloved Australian soap opera Home and Away were taken aback by the quiet dissolution of James Stewart's marriage to his former co-star, Sarah Roberts.

The couple, who had become a cherished part of the show's extended family, parted ways after just over four years of marriage, leaving many to wonder about the pressures that may come with a life in the limelight.

Sarah Roberts, bravely stepped forward to confirm that their divorce had been finalised five weeks prior, marking the end of a relationship that had blossomed in the public eye since their wedding in July 2019.

Roberts opened up about her journey through divorce, emphasising the importance of community and honest conversation during such a challenging time.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 102805.jpg
Sarah Roberts confirmed her divorce from James Stewart after almost four years of marriage. Credits: Instagram / James Stewart

'I just want to say that I am divorced,' she stated, shedding light on the often-hidden struggles that accompany the end of a marriage.

'What I’ve learnt from this journey of becoming a divorcee is that it’s so important to reach out to others who have experienced similar things and not hide in the shadows.'

‘I hid for a very long time.’

‘There were times when I didn’t feel like I could see the light or a way out of these big, complex emotions that I was feeling,’ she continued.

‘But I hope that by just being honest today, I’ll free myself, and potentially free a lot of other people, to be able to speak their truth.’

The actress also touched upon the natural evolution of relationships, suggesting that she and Stewart had simply grown apart.

'My belief of marriage is that two people grow and learn from each other together. Sometimes, people just grow apart and that’s OK,' she explained.

‘I got to a point where I realised I couldn’t grow in the way I wanted to within this particular relationship.

James Stewart, who has yet to publicly address the split, has previously spoken about the profound impact fatherhood has had on him.

In an interview with Who magazine in August 2023, he shared how being a father to his daughter Scout, whom he shares with former fiancée and Packed to the Rafters co-star Jessica Marais, has transformed him into a ‘better man’.

‘I’m kinder, more attentive, more involved and passionate about life, way more protective and caring,’

‘But most of all, it’s made me more loving.’

‘Every night at Scout’s bedtime, I make sure I’m there to tell her I love her. I make sure she hears the words “Daddy loves you,”’ he added.

The former couple met on the set of Home and Away when Roberts joined the cast in October 2017.

Their engagement was announced a year later, and their relationship became a cherished narrative off-screen for show fans.

Recently, a new addition to the show was introduced. You can read more about this story here.
Key Takeaways
  • Home and Away star James Stewart has split from his former co-star and wife Sarah Roberts.
  • The couple was married for over four years before Roberts confirmed their divorce had been settled.
  • Roberts shared her personal growth and beliefs about marriage, suggesting that sometimes people just grow apart.
  • Stewart, who is also a father, has not publicly addressed the split but has previously expressed the positive impact fatherhood had on his life.
How have you coped with changes in life, and what advice would you give to those going through similar situations? We encourage a supportive dialogue in the comments below.

Sponsored
i have never watched this but it is no wonder kids grow up screwed. parents from hither and thither. I am over the bloody ads on tv for this.

Reactions: Littleboy8