Home and Away's bombshell new cast member revealed—Can you guess who's joining the crew?

Channel 7's Home and Away is the quintessential Australian soap that has been a staple on our screens since 1988.

It is again set to welcome a fresh face to the sun-soaked streets of Summer Bay.

The latest addition to the cast is none other than former Hi-5 star Courtney Clarke.

The Aussie actress, who recently showcased her acting chops in the critically acclaimed drama, Paper Dolls, is set to make her debut in the coming weeks.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 10.59.41 AM.jpeg
Courtney Clarke is the new addition to the cast of Home and Away. Credit: @courtneyclarke____ / Instagram

However, the show's producers are keeping mum about the details of her character, adding an air of mystery to her much-anticipated arrival.

Clarke's journey to Summer Bay has been an exciting one. She has been working closely with Home and Away veterans Ada Nicodemou, James Stewart, and Matt Evans, absorbing the dynamics of the set and learning the ropes of the long-standing show.

Reflecting on her first day on set, Clarke shared, 'I remember having no idea how the ship ran because it’s such a longstanding show, there are all sorts of things regarding how they shoot.'

She fondly recalls how Ada Nicodemou, known for her role as Leah Patterson-Baker, helped her ease into the new environment.

'Ada was great, she was cracking jokes between every take, and I remember thinking that she seemed so relaxed,' Clarke said.

‘It wasn’t until we got in the car to travel back from a shoot that I realised she was doing it all to make me feel comfortable.’

‘She’s incredibly intelligent, some of the things we were talking about, I was thinking, “How does this little, full-of-energy woman know all this super smart nerdy stuff?”’

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.09.28 AM.png
Home and Away excites viewers with its new cast this year. Credit: @homeandaway / Instagram

The Home and Away set, according to Clarke, is a hub of camaraderie and playful banter. She was quick to pick up on the family-like atmosphere among the actors, sharing some of their quirky jokes and rules.

'When we were filming in the studio in the Morgan household area, there was a lot of silly banter, and those play fights about where people had hidden their snacks on set,' she revealed.

She also shared an amusing rule about respecting the on-screen couple's space. Clarke joked that no actors can leave their scripts or water bottles in Leah and Justin’s (character played by Stewart) bedroom on the set.

‘You’ve got to respect it,’ she said.

'Ada, Justin, and Matt are closer (than it appears on screen). It’s like being on set with a bunch of professional big kids...that silly play that only actors get away with.’

‘It’s a really comfortable environment, and you could go and ask anyone in the machine how you could be working better.’

‘Some of the other actors who have been on the show forever were great.’

Adding to the excitement of joining the Home and Away cast is the fact that Clarke will be working alongside her good friend, Juliet Godwin, who plays Dr Bree Cameron on the soap.

Godwin warmly welcomed Clarke to the show on her social media, writing, 'Welcome to the bay gawgus (gorgeous) gal'.

Nicodemou also extended a warm welcome, saying, 'Welcome to the bay, beautiful girl'.

A few months ago, Matt Shirvington, Sunrise host and former Olympian, also announced that he has landed an acting debut role in Home and Away.

However, his role and storyline are still being kept secret, but some have speculated that he will be playing himself upon his appearance sometime this year.
Key Takeaways
  • Courtney Clarke, a former Hi-5 star, is set to appear on Channel 7's Home and Away.
  • Clarke has not disclosed the details of her character but has been working closely with actors Ada Nicodemou, James Stewart, and Matt Evans.
  • She shared her comfortable experience on set, attributing the relaxed atmosphere to co-star Ada Nicodemou's jokes and the close-knit cast's playful banter.
  • Clarke's arrival to the cast was welcomed by her friend and fellow actor Juliet Godwin, as well as Ada Nicodemou, who both expressed their excitement on social media.
What do you think of this new addition to the Home and Away cast? Are you excited to see Courtney Clarke in action? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Channel 7's Home and Away is the quintessential Australian soap that has been a staple on our screens since 1988.

It is again set to welcome a fresh face to the sun-soaked streets of Summer Bay.

The latest addition to the cast is none other than former Hi-5 star Courtney Clarke.

The Aussie actress, who recently showcased her acting chops in the critically acclaimed drama, Paper Dolls, is set to make her debut in the coming weeks.

View attachment 39325
Courtney Clarke is the new addition to the cast of Home and Away. Credit: @courtneyclarke____ / Instagram

However, the show's producers are keeping mum about the details of her character, adding an air of mystery to her much-anticipated arrival.

Clarke's journey to Summer Bay has been an exciting one. She has been working closely with Home and Away veterans Ada Nicodemou, James Stewart, and Matt Evans, absorbing the dynamics of the set and learning the ropes of the long-standing show.

Reflecting on her first day on set, Clarke shared, 'I remember having no idea how the ship ran because it’s such a longstanding show, there are all sorts of things regarding how they shoot.'

She fondly recalls how Ada Nicodemou, known for her role as Leah Patterson-Baker, helped her ease into the new environment.

'Ada was great, she was cracking jokes between every take, and I remember thinking that she seemed so relaxed,' Clarke said.

‘It wasn’t until we got in the car to travel back from a shoot that I realised she was doing it all to make me feel comfortable.’

‘She’s incredibly intelligent, some of the things we were talking about, I was thinking, “How does this little, full-of-energy woman know all this super smart nerdy stuff?”’

View attachment 39326
Home and Away excites viewers with its new cast this year. Credit: @homeandaway / Instagram

The Home and Away set, according to Clarke, is a hub of camaraderie and playful banter. She was quick to pick up on the family-like atmosphere among the actors, sharing some of their quirky jokes and rules.

'When we were filming in the studio in the Morgan household area, there was a lot of silly banter, and those play fights about where people had hidden their snacks on set,' she revealed.

She also shared an amusing rule about respecting the on-screen couple's space. Clarke joked that no actors can leave their scripts or water bottles in Leah and Justin’s (character played by Stewart) bedroom on the set.

‘You’ve got to respect it,’ she said.

'Ada, Justin, and Matt are closer (than it appears on screen). It’s like being on set with a bunch of professional big kids...that silly play that only actors get away with.’

‘It’s a really comfortable environment, and you could go and ask anyone in the machine how you could be working better.’

‘Some of the other actors who have been on the show forever were great.’

Adding to the excitement of joining the Home and Away cast is the fact that Clarke will be working alongside her good friend, Juliet Godwin, who plays Dr Bree Cameron on the soap.

Godwin warmly welcomed Clarke to the show on her social media, writing, 'Welcome to the bay gawgus (gorgeous) gal'.

Nicodemou also extended a warm welcome, saying, 'Welcome to the bay, beautiful girl'.

A few months ago, Matt Shirvington, Sunrise host and former Olympian, also announced that he has landed an acting debut role in Home and Away.

However, his role and storyline are still being kept secret, but some have speculated that he will be playing himself upon his appearance sometime this year.
Key Takeaways

• Courtney Clarke, a former Hi-5 star, is set to appear on Channel 7's Home and Away.
  • Clarke has not disclosed the details of her character but has been working closely with actors Ada Nicodemou, James Stewart, and Matt Evans.
  • She shared her comfortable experience on set, attributing the relaxed atmosphere to co-star Ada Nicodemou's jokes and the close-knit cast's playful banter.
  • Clarke's arrival to the cast was welcomed by her friend and fellow actor Juliet Godwin, as well as Ada Nicodemou, who both expressed their excitement on social media.
What do you think of this new addition to the Home and Away cast? Are you excited to see Courtney Clarke in action? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
I guessed Karl Stefanovic, he's into everything else.

I am a huge Aussie TV supporter.
Apart from my stalwart Home & Away and Neighbours, I watch other Aussie productions on any station that airs them. New young additions to any show are a plus for the acting industry and I'm happy they are not venturing overseas instead.
We know how to create shows, whether drama, soapie, comedy or game shows.
I feel a need to support Australian industry and do so the best way that I can.

I am a huge Aussie TV supporter.
Apart from my stalwart Home & Away and Neighbours, I watch other Aussie productions on any station that airs them. New young additions to any show are a plus for the acting industry and I'm happy they are not venturing overseas instead.
We know how to create shows, whether drama, soapie, comedy or game shows.
I feel a need to support Australian industry and do so the best way that I can.
Yes BUT you gotta admit no one does comedy like the pomms haha

Yes BUT you gotta admit no one does comedy like the pomms haha
Have to say, I do like the pommy humour.
Have a few faves like On The Buses and Mrs Bucket.
My go to Aussie re-runs are Cath & Kim and Mother & Son. There is plenty out there. One just needs to look.

Reactions: Littleboy8