It’s time to start sending your Christmas cards with Australia Post’s new festive stamps

Christmas is just around the corner and you know what that means – it's time to start sending out your holiday cards!

To help get you into the festive spirit, Australia Post has released its new line-up of Christmas stamps for this year's holiday season.

The annual release of Christmas stamps is back, keeping up a tradition that started 65 years ago.

The festive messages on this year's stamps include 'peace', 'joy', and 'noel'.

They perfectly blend in with the holiday season and are sure to bring joy to the hearts of several Aussies.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2c87d3e0-928e-47a0-a861-c57e051bf21a

The stamps feature festive messages and imagery, making them ideal for Christmas cards and parcels. Credit: Australia Post.

In one of the stamps, Christmas Island, an island off the north coast of Australia was featured together with some local red crabs welcoming Santa’s reindeer.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fd902bf1d-1d6c-4d91-932b-aa8b52a28b55

The 2022 Christmas stamps have been made available by Australia Post. Credit: Australia Post.

Michael Zsolt, the manager in charge of stamps at Australia Post, said: 'Sending and receiving Christmas cards is a very magical experience.'

'Despite the rise of digital communications, we still see plenty of Australians honouring this long-held tradition.'

Australia Post is gearing up for its busiest time of the year. The postal service has revealed its delivery deadlines to ensure that it can handle the holiday rush.

If you’re in the Northern Territory or Western Australia, you should have your presents in the post before December 7.

Presents must be dispatched by December 12 for all other states and territories in order to arrive for Christmas.

The deadline will be extended to December 19 if you're willing to spend a little more for Express Post.

Key Takeaways

• Australia Post has released its new line of Christmas stamps for this year's holiday season.
  • The stamps in the 2022 Christmas line-up feature cheery messages of ‘peace’, ‘joy’, and ’noel’.
  • To guarantee it can keep up with the Christmas rush, Australia Post has revealed its delivery deadlines for the 2022 holiday season.
  • For anyone in the Northern Territory or Western Australia, presents will need to be dispatched to loved ones before December 7.
  • For the rest of the country, parcels will need to be sent by December 12.

For foreign packages, the deadline is also a little sooner.

Australia Post said in a statement last month that some popular destinations such as the USA, UK, New Zealand, and Canada should be sent by 9 December if shipping with International Express.

The delivery agency said that outside circumstances, including customs delays and international postal disruptions, could still cause parcels to be delivered late.

There you have it, folks! If you want to get that present to your grandkids, nephews, nieces or anyone far away by Christmas, you may need to start thinking about it pretty soon!

What are your thoughts on these new stamps? Will you be collecting them or using them for your cards? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
I have already purchased Christmas stamps. So pleased to see a religious one included. This celebrates the birth of Christ, so important to people of faith the world over. It is also good to highlight Australian icons.

I haven't sent cards through the mail in like forever, it got to be just a ridiculous exercise as I used to write personal notes in them and it got to be a full time job. :(
Me too! It was just another "errand" to do - get christmas cards, get the addresses, get the stamps, sort out who get one who doesnt, who lives there, who has moved, etc and with the ones I receive, after 1-3 - 5 -10 years - what do I do with them? they all get trashed! I hate trashing items I receive because I appreciate the trouble one goes through to send one. But And stamps are so expensive! I used to get so angry when they raise the cost of stamps every year! I love christmas cards but they too are expensive now. So, in essence, its over for me.

I have already purchased Christmas stamps. So pleased to see a religious one included. This celebrates the birth of Christ, so important to people of faith the world over. It is also good to highlight Australian icons.
But that is OK for the religious few. But what about the ones who don't follow the myth of virgin birth? We would like more general stamps like the Christmas Island ones.

Reactions: Ricci
I haven't sent cards through the mail in like forever, it got to be just a ridiculous exercise as I used to write personal notes in them and it got to be a full time job. :(
Sit down for about an hour in November, Cup Eve if not going out, and write yr Christmas Cards, (you can write a ‘newsletter” to some ppl and photocopy to staple or stick into some cards), address the envelopes, then they are ready for Christmas Stamps. Buy those when available and post on 01 December. So simple, so easy.
Ppl love receiving cards - it means someone is thinking of you.
Using text or email is a monstrous lazy cop out and means nothing.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci