Is your bathtub just taking up space? Here's how to turn it into a stylish asset!

Do you have a bathtub in your bathroom that you never use that is just taking up space? Are you interested in turning it into something that will be of more use to you in the meantime?

Instead of stuffing it with items and tools that could potentially damage its interior, why not just cover it up and transform it into a bench?

If this plan sounds good to you, then you might also find this mum's Kmart tip to be very helpful!

After revealing a clever method to hide and repurpose her unused bathtub, an Aussie mum has been praised for her 'smart' idea, which has garnered a lot of positive feedback on social media.

aB1-Do4FSBKakIZ-MBdjmJUWacCeADREDXsiH6z5Rlt7kl1a-32di1ZFxFmyt2u2pH6iQAxbQ-z23nhrluXwpRy0Q5-dJxzwnDPRluzQN2QLVmlnieIEVPk8876cZ2V2qshhfWtsMX0agTDaJwVOBQU

The thrifty shopper repurposed a shoe rack by using it as a bathtub cover. Credit: Kmart/Facebook.

Allison H. wrote in a popular Facebook group about how she used two shoe racks she bought from Kmart to turn her bathtub into a stylish platform that can be used to display decors and and store items in her bathroom.

'So I went to Kmart, bought two shoe racks, and covered the bath because I don't use it. It cost $32 each, and I love it,' said the mum.

And the best part is that her method doesn't take much time and effort at all. All you have to do is put the shoe rack panels on top of the bath and decorate them.

Yes, you read that right, members! It's as easy as that—no building, no woodworking, no back-breaking work.

However, Ms Hayes pointed out that because the shoe racks aren't built to support much weight at all, people shouldn't stand or sit on top of them. So be sure to watch the grandkids!

D_MELqzXiZprf7134IGwN_XroyOUGshFA_ZkNrY37yxaJBMjAQrJ0lhaHrVi-tMX9WACwQv8-saDQ23ub-Rgmk5tfXd4Ec_YSq5HdjnChM13ebIP-k88LbxNkEGmJ2MRgJhmqMgimv3J3ifE3pSCWXI

Another mum went right to Kmart to try to do the same thing. Credit: Facebook.

The post garnered a lot of comments and so far, there have been more than 2,300 responses from the group members.

Other mums told Ms Hayes that her idea was 'fantastic' and many of them shared that they had been looking for something to cover their bathtubs with as well but hadn't been able to find anything.

One excited mum wrote in the comments, 'When I saw your post, I immediately went to Kmart to grab them. Because our bathtub is so small, we never use it, so thanks for the inspiration! It's fantastic – I'm excited to set it up properly!'

A second one added, 'OMG! I have been looking for 700mm shelves for so long. I am so doing this tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!'

A third one even joked: 'What a great idea covering the bath. Can you put a mattress on it and use it as a spare bed for that friend who drinks too much to drive?'

GyHISTdK19n3I0Yx5ZljZmqDYBhaLVcR5t2r0fR5bV9QfzQFoooEzvrOQ-4gpVT3o_vHizkbxW7YstoENxmyfynJOQ4oG4nIOkv_NM1T9mH6zcX6SDFG0MmAwt9IIXjH3TuYmLCN7RUL4r7T_dCiPWg

Other people in the group shared how they covered their own bathtubs. Credit: Facebook.

If you don't want the dust to seep in between the slats in the shoe rack, there are other options to cover a bathtub.

'I used my leftover vinyl flooring from Bunnings,' suggested one mum. 'I used plywood and covered it with velvet, and I put all my perfume and makeup on it, as we don't use ours either,' a second one added.

'I did something similar but added a shelf as I have a small house, and this is added storage. Marine ply over bath covered with matching bath mats,' a third went on to say.

Wow, these are really something else! Who would have guessed that adding some shoe racks to a bathroom could make such a difference?

Do you want to try this bathroom 'hack' as well, folks? Then we'll see you at Kmart!

Sponsored
Do you have a bathtub in your bathroom that you never use that is just taking up space? Are you interested in turning it into something that will be of more use to you in the meantime?

Instead of stuffing it with items and tools that could potentially damage its interior, why not just cover it up and transform it into a bench?

If this plan sounds good to you, then you might also find this mum's Kmart tip to be very helpful!

After revealing a clever method to hide and repurpose her unused bathtub, an Aussie mum has been praised for her 'smart' idea, which has garnered a lot of positive feedback on social media.

aB1-Do4FSBKakIZ-MBdjmJUWacCeADREDXsiH6z5Rlt7kl1a-32di1ZFxFmyt2u2pH6iQAxbQ-z23nhrluXwpRy0Q5-dJxzwnDPRluzQN2QLVmlnieIEVPk8876cZ2V2qshhfWtsMX0agTDaJwVOBQU

The thrifty shopper repurposed a shoe rack by using it as a bathtub cover. Credit: Kmart/Facebook.

Allison H. wrote in a popular Facebook group about how she used two shoe racks she bought from Kmart to turn her bathtub into a stylish platform that can be used to display decors and and store items in her bathroom.

'So I went to Kmart, bought two shoe racks, and covered the bath because I don't use it. It cost $32 each, and I love it,' said the mum.

And the best part is that her method doesn't take much time and effort at all. All you have to do is put the shoe rack panels on top of the bath and decorate them.

Yes, you read that right, members! It's as easy as that—no building, no woodworking, no back-breaking work.

However, Ms Hayes pointed out that because the shoe racks aren't built to support much weight at all, people shouldn't stand or sit on top of them. So be sure to watch the grandkids!

D_MELqzXiZprf7134IGwN_XroyOUGshFA_ZkNrY37yxaJBMjAQrJ0lhaHrVi-tMX9WACwQv8-saDQ23ub-Rgmk5tfXd4Ec_YSq5HdjnChM13ebIP-k88LbxNkEGmJ2MRgJhmqMgimv3J3ifE3pSCWXI

Another mum went right to Kmart to try to do the same thing. Credit: Facebook.

The post garnered a lot of comments and so far, there have been more than 2,300 responses from the group members.

Other mums told Ms Hayes that her idea was 'fantastic' and many of them shared that they had been looking for something to cover their bathtubs with as well but hadn't been able to find anything.

One excited mum wrote in the comments, 'When I saw your post, I immediately went to Kmart to grab them. Because our bathtub is so small, we never use it, so thanks for the inspiration! It's fantastic – I'm excited to set it up properly!'

A second one added, 'OMG! I have been looking for 700mm shelves for so long. I am so doing this tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!'

A third one even joked: 'What a great idea covering the bath. Can you put a mattress on it and use it as a spare bed for that friend who drinks too much to drive?'

GyHISTdK19n3I0Yx5ZljZmqDYBhaLVcR5t2r0fR5bV9QfzQFoooEzvrOQ-4gpVT3o_vHizkbxW7YstoENxmyfynJOQ4oG4nIOkv_NM1T9mH6zcX6SDFG0MmAwt9IIXjH3TuYmLCN7RUL4r7T_dCiPWg

Other people in the group shared how they covered their own bathtubs. Credit: Facebook.

If you don't want the dust to seep in between the slats in the shoe rack, there are other options to cover a bathtub.

'I used my leftover vinyl flooring from Bunnings,' suggested one mum. 'I used plywood and covered it with velvet, and I put all my perfume and makeup on it, as we don't use ours either,' a second one added.

'I did something similar but added a shelf as I have a small house, and this is added storage. Marine ply over bath covered with matching bath mats,' a third went on to say.

Wow, these are really something else! Who would have guessed that adding some shoe racks to a bathroom could make such a difference?

Do you want to try this bathroom 'hack' as well, folks? Then we'll see you at Kmart!
I did this in 1987. I’m ahead of my time aren’t I 😂😂

When we moved into our Retirement Village the Unit that we chose had a bath which we were not going to use. My husband covered it with white coated chipboard. Then we bought a unit at Bunnings with cubby- holes for baskets, which are great for storing toilet paper, tissue boxes, shampoo bottles etc.
As I have a large collection of elephants, of course I have one placed on top.
I was very happy with the result.
Covered our bath.jpgCovered our bath.jpg