Is this 'viral' cleaning product that Woolworths just started stocking REALLY the best in Australia?

Did you know the average person spends about 60 hours a year cleaning? Just imagine: that's over two full days each year with our heads in cupboards, fighting battles against dust bunnies and challenging stubborn stains to duels!

Cleaning is necessary, of course, but hardly something most of us look forward to. But what if we told you there's a cleaning product that might just cut down on that time and is now available at your local Woolies?

This isn't just any cleaning product—it's the Koh Universal Cleaner. This award-winning cleaning solution, priced at $34.95 for a generous 4L container, has been crowned Australia's best multipurpose cleaner by Canstar Blue for two years back-to-back.

Its reputation isn't just restricted to awards; the online world has also been singing its praises, with users posting glowing reviews all over the internet.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.10.09 PM.png
Koh Universal Cleaner has been named the best multipurpose cleaner in Australia for two years running by Canstar Blue. Credit: Koh.

Koh's Universal Cleaner has earned its stripes and made a name for itself owing to its immense power. It tackles stubborn stains in your kitchens, bathrooms, and other corners of your home without intensive scrubbing. Wouldn't that be the knight in shining armour we all need to banish cleaning woes?

Although the cleaner first gained popularity online, Woolworths has now joined the hype. The supermarket is stocking the 1.8 Litre Universal Refill Pouch in over 900 stores nationwide, while the Essentials Surface Starter Kit has made its way to more than 200 stores.

Now, the cleaning products are easier to get your hands on!

Here at the SDC, we're keen on championing Australian products, particularly ones that have been showered with such applause. With over 83,000 five-star reviews and a staggering two million orders, Koh has definitely struck gold with consumers.

Users rave about how it's potent enough to handily vanquish everything from raspberry juice stains on benchtops to red wine blots on couches. It's also heralded for its extraordinary ability to give ovens, showers, and bathrooms a new, sparkling life.

Tip
Pair Koh cleaner with a microfibre cloth for that extra shine!

But what makes this cleaner truly special is its origin. This cleaning solution, brewed by a team of chemists at the University of New South Wales, is comprised of primarily pure water and potassium mineral salts.

Even though its composition includes a small portion of potassium hydroxide (less than 0.5 per cent), it still guarantees to pack a punch, sweeping away stubborn muck and grime while remaining safe to use.

Koh also has its eco-certification per the GECA cleaning standard, which means it's a convenient choice for those looking for greener options and aspiring to leave a smaller footprint on the planet.

The product's also recommended by the National Asthma Council Australia's Sensitive Choice program, making it an ideal companion for those who struggle with allergies to other harsh cleaning products.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.09.59 PM.png
One homeowner shared this before and after of her shower screen, which she cleaned with Koh products. Credit: Facebook.

But what do Aussie homeowners think about it? Opinions on Koh products' arrival in stores are divided among shoppers. Speaking out on a popular Facebook group, cleaning enthusiasts had mixed views on the effectiveness of the range.

Many claimed that it was great for 'effortless' cleaning. One user enthusiastically shared, 'Koh is awesome! I've been using it for over a year and have saved so much money. I love it!'

Another user stated, 'I use Koh on everything, from floors to the toilet, the bath, and the shower windows.'

Another user chimed in, saying, 'I was sceptical, but it's like magic on glass and mirrors. It effortlessly cuts through soap scum on the shower glass and leaves windows crystal clear. The spray bottles and micro cloths are of really good quality. The only downside, which might not bother everyone, is that it doesn't have a smell. So you don't get that fresh scent left behind.'

However, not everyone shared the same level of excitement about Koh's arrival at Woolworths. Some described it as 'overrated.'

One person expressed their opinion, saying, 'Koh is expensive water. Thank you, next.'

Another added, 'I don't rate this product at all. It doesn't permanently remove anything, and it certainly isn't what it claims to be.'

A third person responded, 'It's good, but it's not worth the money.'

And one more person said, 'It's basically just water. I've seen so many reviews saying the same.'

Overall, Australians have varying opinions on Koh products, with some finding them effective and cost-saving, while others feel they fall short of expectations.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has begun stocking Koh's Universal Cleaner, a popular chemical-free cleaning product that has been voted the best multipurpose cleaner in Australia for two years running.
  • Koh's Universal Cleaner, known for getting rid of stubborn kitchen, bathroom and general home stains without scrubbing, has received more than 83,000 favourable five-star reviews.
  • The product, priced at $34.95, was developed at the University of New South Wales and is composed of pure water and potassium mineral salts.
  • Koh's Universal Cleaner is now available in more than 900 Woolworths stores across the country and online.

Plenty of Aussies are raving about the incredible cleaning power of Koh products. But, as we always say, it's essential to research and check out those reviews before diving into a new cleaning adventure.

We'd love to hear from you too! Have you given Koh products a shot? Are they as impressive as they claim? Or perhaps you've got some other cleaning essentials up your sleeve that you'd like to share with the world. Go ahead and share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
and it doesn't remove old pet urine stains like I was told them it would, despite multiple tries. It only worked if caught fresh and still wet. And the mop over high gloss floor tiles leaves streaks and still had to dry with a towel, same as steam mops and regular mops.After my initial purchase I have not bought new.

Did you know the average person spends about 60 hours a year cleaning? Just imagine: that's over two full days each year with our heads in cupboards, fighting battles against dust bunnies and challenging stubborn stains to duels!

Cleaning is necessary, of course, but hardly something most of us look forward to. But what if we told you there's a cleaning product that might just cut down on that time and is now available at your local Woolies?

This isn't just any cleaning product—it's the Koh Universal Cleaner. This award-winning cleaning solution, priced at $34.95 for a generous 4L container, has been crowned Australia's best multipurpose cleaner by Canstar Blue for two years back-to-back.

Its reputation isn't just restricted to awards; the online world has also been singing its praises, with users posting glowing reviews all over the internet.

View attachment 24326
Koh Universal Cleaner has been named the best multipurpose cleaner in Australia for two years running by Canstar Blue. Credit: Koh.

Koh's Universal Cleaner has earned its stripes and made a name for itself owing to its immense power. It tackles stubborn stains in your kitchens, bathrooms, and other corners of your home without intensive scrubbing. Wouldn't that be the knight in shining armour we all need to banish cleaning woes?

Although the cleaner first gained popularity online, Woolworths has now joined the hype. The supermarket is stocking the 1.8 Litre Universal Refill Pouch in over 900 stores nationwide, while the Essentials Surface Starter Kit has made its way to more than 200 stores.

Here at the SDC, we're keen on championing Australian products, particularly ones that have been showered with such applause. With over 83,000 five-star reviews and a staggering two million orders, Koh has definitely struck gold with consumers.

Users rave about how it's potent enough to handily vanquish everything from raspberry juice stains on benchtops to red wine blots on couches. It's also heralded for its extraordinary ability to give ovens, showers, and bathrooms a new, sparkling life.

Tip

But what makes this cleaner truly special is its origin. This cleaning solution, brewed by a team of chemists at the University of New South Wales, is comprised of primarily pure water and potassium mineral salts.

Even though its composition includes a small portion of potassium hydroxide (less than 0.5 per cent), it still guarantees to pack a punch, sweeping away stubborn muck and grime while remaining safe to use.

Koh also has its eco-certification per the GECA cleaning standard, which means it's a convenient choice for those looking for greener options and aspiring to leave a smaller footprint on the planet.

The product's also recommended by the National Asthma Council Australia's Sensitive Choice program, making it an ideal companion for those who struggle with allergies to other harsh cleaning products.

View attachment 24327
One homeowner shared this before and after of her shower screen, which she cleaned with Koh products. Credit: Facebook.

But what do Aussie homeowners think about it? Opinions on Koh products' arrival in stores are divided among shoppers. Speaking out on a popular Facebook group, cleaning enthusiasts had mixed views on the effectiveness of the range.

Many claimed that it was great for 'effortless' cleaning. One user enthusiastically shared, 'Koh is awesome! I've been using it for over a year and have saved so much money. I love it!'

Another user stated, 'I use Koh on everything, from floors to the toilet, the bath, and the shower windows.'

Another user chimed in, saying, 'I was sceptical, but it's like magic on glass and mirrors. It effortlessly cuts through soap scum on the shower glass and leaves windows crystal clear. The spray bottles and micro cloths are of really good quality. The only downside, which might not bother everyone, is that it doesn't have a smell. So you don't get that fresh scent left behind.'

However, not everyone shared the same level of excitement about Koh's arrival at Woolworths. Some described it as 'overrated.'

One person expressed their opinion, saying, 'Koh is expensive water. Thank you, next.'

Another added, 'I don't rate this product at all. It doesn't permanently remove anything, and it certainly isn't what it claims to be.'

And one more person said, 'It's basically just water. I've seen so many reviews saying the same.'

Overall, Australians have varying opinions on Koh products, with some finding them effective and cost-saving, while others feel they fall short of expectations.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has begun stocking Koh's Universal Cleaner, a popular chemical-free cleaning product that has been voted the best multipurpose cleaner in Australia for two years running.
  • Koh's Universal Cleaner, known for getting rid of stubborn kitchen, bathroom and general home stains without scrubbing, has received more than 83,000 favourable five-star reviews.
  • The product, priced at $34.95, was developed at the University of New South Wales and is composed of pure water and potassium mineral salts.
  • Koh's Universal Cleaner is now available in more than 900 Woolworths stores across the country and online.

Plenty of Aussies are raving about the incredible cleaning power of Koh products. But, as we always say, it's essential to research and check out those reviews before diving into a new cleaning adventure.

We'd love to hear from you too! Have you given Koh products a shot? Are they as impressive as they claim? Or perhaps you've got some other cleaning essentials up your sleeve that you'd like to share with the world. Go ahead and share them with us in the comments below!
I was skeptical however, have tried it and love it. I tested it out after washing my tiled floors with my normal product, then went over it with the koh mop & universal cleaner. Results were amazing and could actually see the dirt on the koh mop cloth after using it. So thumbs up for me.

View attachment 24326

Tip

View attachment 24327

Key Takeaways

I might give it a go next time I have a spare $35 to spend (not holding my breath on that). I'll try it once and see if it's worth the money.

Reactions: Zoya and Gaena
I've tried it and was not particularly impressed. Other cleaners that a cheaper do just as well if not better.
For me there is a product called "For All" which is amazing

• Love
Reactions: siameezer
I made the mistake of buying this when it was only available from the distributor and it is absolute rubbish! I may as well have just used cold water for the cleaning power it had. I gave it to a friend so as not to waste it and they had the same opinion ... it was overpriced plain water! If people want to waste money on it then more fool them.

I made the mistake of buying this when it was only available from the distributor and it is absolute rubbish! I may as well have just used cold water for the cleaning power it had. I gave it to a friend so as not to waste it and they had the same opinion ... it was overpriced plain water! If people want to waste money on it then more fool them.
I looked at the ingredients. It's water plus Potassium Hydroxide. Potassium Hydroxide is an ingredient for liquid soap and shampoo.
For an all purpose cleaner, I use a spray bottle with dishwashing liquid diluted with water. The ratio being 1:10. Although this wouldn't work for shower screens.

Last edited:
Reactions: siameezer
I looked at the ingredients. It's water plus Potassium Hydroxide. Potassium Hydroxide is an ingredient for liquid soap and shampoo.
For an all purpose cleaner, I use a spray bottle with dishwashing liquid diluted with water. The ratio being 1:10. Although this wouldn't work for shower screens.
So it looks like, from your research, Koh is selling a weakened shampoo as a strong multipurpose cleaner ... no wonder it is rubbish! I also want a disinfectant property in my multipurpose spray cleaners.

I thought it was pretty useless. It certainly did not remove the soap scum from my shower screens. Also didn't remove marks from the carpet. It felt like I was just using water. It's expensive too. The owners of the company must be raking in the dollars, it wouldn't cost much to make!

Yes I purchased a kit last year and I haven’t spent money on any other brands for light weekly cleaning. There is no scent but it leaves room clean with no odours in the room which is great. I didn’t find that is was any help with hard cooked in stains, I use Jiff for those type of stains. However for the stains in the toilet bowl their tablets blew me away. Those hard to clean stains are now gone, easy off after 20-30 minutes, no scrubbing or over night soaking, truely amazing.

Reactions: KaraJenna
I have been using it for years, & have no reason to change. It fits all my needs.