Is this popular Home and Away storyline gone for good? Fans had mixed reactions to the possible 'farewell'

If you've watched Home and Away for any amount of time, you'll know that the high school setting has played host to a series of unforgettable (mostly teen-oriented) stories, from the early years to now.

Avid fans of the long-running soap even claimed that the high school backdrop is one of the central elements that make the show stand out in the Aussie television landscape.

But unfortunately for the series' fans, it seems that the producers of Home and Away are planning to get rid of the Summer Bay High.

Earlier this year, it was announced that the school will no longer feature as a setting on the soap. Roo Stewart (played by Georgie Parker) decided to return to teaching and start a tutoring business instead of returning to school.

Keeping this in mind, many assumed that the producers are slowly getting rid of the high school setting on the show.

b39f4680-6a19-11ed-bd83-cecae6e274c8

This Home and Away throwback picture had fans speculating about the possible return of the beloved backdrop. Credit: Instagram.

But that doesn't seem enough – according to several reports and 'clues' dropped by the production, it seems like Home and Away is over and done with.

In an Instagram post, a picture of students Casey Braxton (Lincoln Younes), Sasha Bezmel (Demi Harman), Spencer Harrington (Andrew Morley), and Maddy Osborne (Kassandra Clementi) was posted to the group's page, much to the delight of the avid fans of the long-running soap opera.

The four students were hugging one another while posing for the camera. Since they were photographed back in 2013, the students were supposed to be in tenth grade at that time.

However, it was mentioned by the group admins that there were no signs of the students being shown again. With Ryder Jackson (Lukas Radovich) and Bella Nixon (Courtney Miller) still in the series, the group suggested the possible return of the students.

'They could easily write these students out at the end of the year, we don't know how old they are or where they are going,' the comment read. The group is pushing for the soap opera to make a comeback, especially in light of all the recent developments with the high school setting.

It also mentioned in the post that all age groups represented in the show are currently in high school, which can be seen frequently in the past season.

An influx of messages of longing and specification came directly in response to that post.

One fan wrote: 'Bring back Summer Bay High School.'

'I wish they would use the school scenes again,' another added.

Fans who were campaigning for the high school setting to make a comeback said that it was 'sad' for them and they appreciate how it included almost all age groups.

One comment read: 'I loved that it USED [to] encompass most age groups, if I am entirely honest I no longer get sad if I miss an episode or two, or seven. The storylines are a bit boring and then wham something happens in a far-fetched space of 2 episodes with little to no build-up.'

'Bring back those days. The present storylines are ridiculous,' another said.

Meanwhile, others do not wish to see the return of the Summer Bay high school to the series.

One person commented: 'I don’t miss it, I never liked the teenager-focused stories…I’m guessing it may not have been used the last few years due to COVID?'

'There’s always a lot of extras needed for the school scenes and they may not have been able to pull it off in a safe environment.'

Some viewers said that the storyline involving the high school setting seemed to have wrapped up.

One fan suggested: 'I think with the show, and audience maturing so are the stories and less focus on teens.'

'The storyline is over, the writers moved on thank God,' another said.

Key Takeaways

• Home and Away fans are divided over the show's decision to get rid of Summer Bay High.
  • Some fans miss the school and want it to make a comeback, while others feel that the storylines have matured and don't need the school anymore.
  • Only the producers of the show know for sure whether or not the school will make a comeback, but it seems unlikely at this point.

Well, folks, it seems we have to say goodbye for now…

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the Home and Away producers should bring back the beloved high school setting? Or do you think the show is better off without it? We want to hear from you!

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
Sponsored
If you've watched Home and Away for any amount of time, you'll know that the high school setting has played host to a series of unforgettable (mostly teen-oriented) stories, from the early years to now.

Avid fans of the long-running soap even claimed that the high school backdrop is one of the central elements that make the show stand out in the Aussie television landscape.

But unfortunately for the series' fans, it seems that the producers of Home and Away are planning to get rid of the Summer Bay High.

Earlier this year, it was announced that the school will no longer feature as a setting on the soap. Roo Stewart (played by Georgie Parker) decided to return to teaching and start a tutoring business instead of returning to school.

Keeping this in mind, many assumed that the producers are slowly getting rid of the high school setting on the show.

This Home and Away throwback picture had fans speculating about the possible return of the beloved backdrop. Credit: Instagram.

But that doesn't seem enough – according to several reports and 'clues' dropped by the production, it seems like Home and Away is over and done with.

In an Instagram post, a picture of students Casey Braxton (Lincoln Younes), Sasha Bezmel (Demi Harman), Spencer Harrington (Andrew Morley), and Maddy Osborne (Kassandra Clementi) was posted to the group's page, much to the delight of the avid fans of the long-running soap opera.

The four students were hugging one another while posing for the camera. Since they were photographed back in 2013, the students were supposed to be in tenth grade at that time.

However, it was mentioned by the group admins that there were no signs of the students being shown again. With Ryder Jackson (Lukas Radovich) and Bella Nixon (Courtney Miller) still in the series, the group suggested the possible return of the students.

'They could easily write these students out at the end of the year, we don't know how old they are or where they are going,' the comment read. The group is pushing for the soap opera to make a comeback, especially in light of all the recent developments with the high school setting.

It also mentioned in the post that all age groups represented in the show are currently in high school, which can be seen frequently in the past season.

An influx of messages of longing and specification came directly in response to that post.

Fans who were campaigning for the high school setting to make a comeback said that it was 'sad' for them and they appreciate how it included almost all age groups.

One comment read: 'I loved that it USED [to] encompass most age groups, if I am entirely honest I no longer get sad if I miss an episode or two, or seven. The storylines are a bit boring and then wham something happens in a far-fetched space of 2 episodes with little to no build-up.'

Meanwhile, others do not wish to see the return of the Summer Bay high school to the series.

One person commented: 'I don’t miss it, I never liked the teenager-focused stories…I’m guessing it may not have been used the last few years due to COVID?'

'There’s always a lot of extras needed for the school scenes and they may not have been able to pull it off in a safe environment.'

Some viewers said that the storyline involving the high school setting seemed to have wrapped up.

One fan suggested: 'I think with the show, and audience maturing so are the stories and less focus on teens.'

Key Takeaways

• Home and Away fans are divided over the show's decision to get rid of Summer Bay High.
  • Some fans miss the school and want it to make a comeback, while others feel that the storylines have matured and don't need the school anymore.
  • Only the producers of the show know for sure whether or not the school will make a comeback, but it seems unlikely at this point.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the Home and Away producers should bring back the beloved high school setting? Or do you think the show is better off without it? We want to hear from you!
It appears that the once-young students of Summer Bay High have spread their wings and flown. A few who remain are now in a middle-aged crisis like Roo and Marilyn, and so many who drifted into Summer Bay over the past decades never even went to the school. No Summer Bay, Home and Away whatever you name it has definitely lost its appeal. And even trying to assess who is nice, OK, just gorgeous by look or personality is hard. It is getting boring, sorry but.

Key Takeaways

I've watched the for years. I like the school but as it gives young actors a chance like an apprentice. They should bring it back. Ryder was good to watch him progress on through all f and finish on the cruise ship. Bella dragged on a bit but was good value. I definitely think there is room in the show for the school. Some of the storyline now is boring. Especially with the Theo and the band stuff. Mix it up a bit. That's why the show has been so popular and lasted so long.

I watched it when I was in a Nursing Home for nearly 5 months when I was in a wheelchair.
The only channel you could get was Channel 7.
Of course, I watched Home and Away.
I remember Ruby, April, Romeo.
I loved the liveliness of the young actors, and felt sure it was a good stepping stone into their careers.

I have watched Home and Away for years. I liked to know some of the things that the young ones get up to as I had young ones of my own. Now I am not interested as it is more about the adults and Sex and crime. I don't think it sends a good message to the young ones who are watching the show.

Reactions: Zoya