Is this Better Homes and Garden star leaving the show?

In a surprising turn of events for fans of the beloved lifestyle program Better Homes and Gardens, the show is undergoing another significant change.

The latest shock announcement comes from none other than the beloved chef and restaurateur, Karen Martini, who has decided to step back from her regular role on the show.

Martini, a familiar face on Better Homes and Gardens, has been a staple of the program, delighting viewers with her culinary expertise and warm personality.

However, she has recently announced that she will be reducing her appearances on the show to focus on her burgeoning restaurant business and her teenage daughters.

SDC 3.png
Karen Martini has announced her departure from the show Better Homes and Gardens. Image source: Instagram/@bhgaus.

While this news may disappoint her fans, Martini assures viewers that she is not leaving the program entirely.

Instead, she will be making fewer appearances as she juggles her various commitments.

'With my two new restaurants—Johnny’s Green Room already open and Saint George set to launch soon—as well as so many other projects on the go, 2024 is shaping up to be my busiest year ever,' Martini said.

'I’ve just come back from the Great Australian Culinary Voyage where I curated some beautiful bespoke menus and have some more exciting ventures to come soon.'

'My daughters are in their last teenage years too—it’s quite daunting as Stella is in year 12 and also on her Ls.'

'With so much on my plate, I’ve made the decision to step back from Better Homes and Gardens (BHAG) this year while I focus on some of my other exciting projects.'

'So don’t be alarmed if I’m not in your living room every Friday night.'

Despite her reduced presence, Martini is excited about the future of Better Homes and Gardens, particularly with the addition of chef and My Kitchen Rules judge Colin Fassnidge to the line-up.

'I’m so excited that my mate Colin Fassnidge is entering the Better Homes kitchen,' she said.

'I think his cheeky flavour is sure to spice up the show, and I can’t wait to see him on air when we are back on Friday, February 2.'

Fassnidge, who replaced Fast Ed, is equally thrilled about his new role.

'Working on Better Homes and Gardens really feels like coming home,' Fasnidge said.

'I’ve been friends with (host) Johanna Griggs ever since I started at Channel 7, and the rest of the cast and I get on like a house on fire.'

'I can’t wait to get out on the road and travel around this beautiful country, cooking with some of the best and freshest produce in the world.'

Fassnidge also acknowledged that he had big shoes to fill after Fast Ed’s departure.

'It’s a little bit scary, but it’s a good challenge and a lot of fun as well,' he said.

'This show means a lot of things to a lot of people.'

'I’m going to bring a bit of Irish spice to the table.'

'I want to do fun, affordable cooking—I’m a chef, but I’ve also got kids as well, so I know how hard it is to put food on the table in this day and age with the cost of living and interest rate rises.'

'I want to show people how they can use cheaper cuts of meat, how to save time, how to feed the family on a budget, but still make delicious meals.'
Key Takeaways
  • Chef and restaurateur Karen Martini is stepping back from her regular role on Better Homes and Gardens to focus on her new restaurants and her teenage daughters.
  • Martini is reportedly not leaving the program entirely but will appear less frequently as she juggles various commitments, including her business ventures and family.
  • Colin Fassnidge has joined the Better Homes and Gardens team, replacing former chef Fast Ed, and is looking forward to bringing his Irish influence to the show.
  • Martini and Fassnidge emphasised the importance of cooking affordable, enjoyable meals that cater to families, especially considering the current economic climate.
What are your thoughts on these changes, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Reactions: Granny*Deb and Suet
Sponsored
I quite enjoyed Karen Martini's segments. Down to earth without the pretentiousness of some other wannabe Michelin "restaurateurs". Anybody say Colin Fassnidge? Buy a f**king comb, you flop!

In a surprising turn of events for fans of the beloved lifestyle program Better Homes and Gardens, the show is undergoing another significant change.

The latest shock announcement comes from none other than the beloved chef and restaurateur, Karen Martini, who has decided to step back from her regular role on the show.

Martini, a familiar face on Better Homes and Gardens, has been a staple of the program, delighting viewers with her culinary expertise and warm personality.

However, she has recently announced that she will be reducing her appearances on the show to focus on her burgeoning restaurant business and her teenage daughters.

View attachment 39798
Karen Martini has announced her departure from the show Better Homes and Gardens. Image source: Instagram/@bhgaus.

While this news may disappoint her fans, Martini assures viewers that she is not leaving the program entirely.

Instead, she will be making fewer appearances as she juggles her various commitments.

'With my two new restaurants—Johnny’s Green Room already open and Saint George set to launch soon—as well as so many other projects on the go, 2024 is shaping up to be my busiest year ever,' Martini said.

'I’ve just come back from the Great Australian Culinary Voyage where I curated some beautiful bespoke menus and have some more exciting ventures to come soon.'

'My daughters are in their last teenage years too—it’s quite daunting as Stella is in year 12 and also on her Ls.'

'With so much on my plate, I’ve made the decision to step back from Better Homes and Gardens (BHAG) this year while I focus on some of my other exciting projects.'

Despite her reduced presence, Martini is excited about the future of Better Homes and Gardens, particularly with the addition of chef and My Kitchen Rules judge Colin Fassnidge to the line-up.

'I’m so excited that my mate Colin Fassnidge is entering the Better Homes kitchen,' she said.

'I think his cheeky flavour is sure to spice up the show, and I can’t wait to see him on air when we are back on Friday, February 2.'

'Working on Better Homes and Gardens really feels like coming home,' Fasnidge said.

'I’ve been friends with (host) Johanna Griggs ever since I started at Channel 7, and the rest of the cast and I get on like a house on fire.'

'I can’t wait to get out on the road and travel around this beautiful country, cooking with some of the best and freshest produce in the world.'

Fassnidge also acknowledged that he had big shoes to fill after Fast Ed’s departure.

'It’s a little bit scary, but it’s a good challenge and a lot of fun as well,' he said.

'I want to do fun, affordable cooking—I’m a chef, but I’ve also got kids as well, so I know how hard it is to put food on the table in this day and age with the cost of living and interest rate rises.'

'I want to show people how they can use cheaper cuts of meat, how to save time, how to feed the family on a budget, but still make delicious meals.'
Key Takeaways

• Chef and restaurateur Karen Martini is stepping back from her regular role on Better Homes and Gardens to focus on her new restaurants and her teenage daughters.
  • Martini is reportedly not leaving the program entirely but will appear less frequently as she juggles various commitments, including her business ventures and family.
  • Colin Fassnidge has joined the Better Homes and Gardens team, replacing former chef Fast Ed, and is looking forward to bringing his Irish influence to the show.
  • Martini and Fassnidge emphasised the importance of cooking affordable, enjoyable meals that cater to families, especially considering the current economic climate.
What are your thoughts on these changes, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Just cover up a little better on the soft porridge-y top, where the small necklace thingy dangles so annoyingly.

Just what Better Homes and Gardens needed a change of chef, was becoming very same old same each week…..cannot wait to see what Colin Fassnidge brings to the programme with his cheeky smile, Irish accent and that “flop”

View attachment 39798

Key Takeaways

No loss. Never liked any thing much of what she cooked anyway. She was boring and cooked mostly crap that looked like a Big night out's drunken spew. Pity she wasn't leaving completely. With she would take Fassnidge with her. Don't like him either. They need someone better than them or better still drop them both and use the extra $$ to get Fast Ed back. He was much better and it is a shame he left to have a bakery. Surely if they offered the extra $$ he would fill the cooking segments. Liked Most of what he made plus he made it fun.