Is this Australia’s ‘best supermarket’? Take a look and decide for yourself!

Most of us have had our fair share of disappointing supermarket experiences. You know the ones – long lines, overpriced items, grumpy staff, and produce that's been sitting on the shelves for who knows how long.

But every now and then, we luck out and stumble upon a real gem of a store that completely changes our opinion on grocery shopping.

Recently, one such store was brought to our attention by a very enthusiastic customer.

The woman behind the Top Things To Do in Melbourne TikTok account took her followers on a tour of what she claims is the ‘best supermarket in Australia’ — a Coles located in Moonee Ponds, Melbourne.

From the looks of it, she may be on to something!

‘The first thing I found was a macarons and mochi bar.’ she began in her video post.

Macarons are a form of cookie typically made with finely ground almonds, while mochi is a chewy Japanese treat made from glutinous rice flour.

On display were different colours and flavours of the pastries enough to bring tears to the eyes of dessert lovers!

Screenshot_1.png
Check out these macarons and mochi. Credit: TikTok/@topthingstodomelbourne

Next, she set her eyes on instant coffee machines with full-cream milk and almond milk options in the store.

‘They’ve also got a Roll’d restaurant in case of starving shoppers, and there are fresh pies and pizzas,’ she pointed out.

They even make flatbread in-store! How neat!

She also said the Coles branch had a ‘wide selection’ of nuts and fruits. As a bonus, you can even have the fruit cut how you prefer at the store.

Vegetarians, this next feature is for you!

She said: ‘They’ve also got these plant-based spices, so if you’re trying out some plant-based meals, you don’t need to buy the whole package.’

The icing on the cake for this woman, who is also apparently a pet lover, is the store's aisle for pet food.

‘Just like nuts (at the store), you can just pick and choose what you want to buy for your pet.’

She also gave shoutouts to the store’s laundry detergent mix section — where you can have your detergent just the way you like it — and its blood pressure checking section.

If you told us this well-equipped Coles had flying trolleys we wouldn’t be shocked!

Screenshot_3.png
The Coles store’s highlight for the poster was its aisle for pet food. Credit: TikTok/@topthingstodomelbourne

Of course with all the features of the place, some users couldn’t help but be envious.

‘(That) should be everywhere,’ one user said after watching.

‘Wish we had that in Perth.’ another added.

But others had less rosy opinions of the store.

‘I got three little peanut butter dog treats from the pick & mix, and they were like $10. Too expensive,’ one user joked.

And another said they ‘wouldn’t recommend’ going to the Coles branch because ‘the people are snobby as f***’.

Key Takeaways

• A social media user took her followers on a tour of what she says is the 'best supermarket in Australia'.
  • The Coles store located in Melbourne featured a wide range of amenities and fresh food options.
  • People were in awe of the store, with many expressing disappointment that their local store didn’t have the same features.
If ever you do end up giving this Coles a visit, you be the judge!

Don’t live close by? Not to worry, you can find the other Coles Local locations here.

Not to be outdone, one Kmart branch in Melbourne also surprised some Aussies for a reason you won’t believe.

So, do you think this fancy Coles branch deserves to be called the ‘best supermarket in Australia’?

Tell us your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: TikTok/@topthingstodoinmelbourne

Sponsored
No , I went to what I feel is so far the best supermarket ever.
It's Coles In Earlwood Sydney , they have just renovated and it's AMAZING . You have everything from a bread slicer to so many fresh pasta's, cookies, sauces there are Too many things to list !
You would never think you were in coles

Most of us have had our fair share of disappointing supermarket experiences. You know the ones – long lines, overpriced items, grumpy staff, and produce that's been sitting on the shelves for who knows how long.

But every now and then, we luck out and stumble upon a real gem of a store that completely changes our opinion on grocery shopping.

Recently, one such store was brought to our attention by a very enthusiastic customer.

The woman behind the Top Things To Do in Melbourne TikTok account took her followers on a tour of what she claims is the ‘best supermarket in Australia’ — a Coles located in Moonee Ponds, Melbourne.

‘The first thing I found was a macarons and mochi bar.’ she began in her video post.

Macarons are a form of cookie typically made with finely ground almonds, while mochi is a chewy Japanese treat made from glutinous rice flour.

On display were different colours and flavours of the pastries enough to bring tears to the eyes of dessert lovers!

m2xl_TdTFYek1JyS1QXD3YXnZ2ZjkXh8I5MeOwKsntwEEd_EeR6iD4HLhfZ5KZmXd3aeJWyrakg2oJeHhy2VNGPQAaGplFuobzayGxhz_3gGc9cJi_ldK2iZ3KPWxOL94Tc2_7vMzrXBZBjKCE25YP5S4bLNms721vz_HGg1IKmokbF6PCBST3Yimuq_9w

Check out these macarons and mochi. Credit:
TikTok/@topthingstodomelbourne

Next, she set her eyes on instant coffee machines with full-cream milk and almond milk options in the store.

‘They’ve also got a Roll’d restaurant in case of starving shoppers, and there are fresh pies and pizzas,’ she pointed out.

She also said the Coles branch had a ‘wide selection’ of nuts and fruits. As a bonus, you can even have the fruit cut how you prefer at the store.

She said: ‘They’ve also got these plant-based spices, so if you’re trying out some plant-based meals, you don’t need to buy the whole package.’

The icing on the cake for this woman, who is also apparently a pet lover, is the store's aisle for pet food.

‘Just like nuts (at the store), you can just pick and choose what you want to buy for your pet.’

She also gave shoutouts to the store’s laundry detergent mix section — where you can have your detergent just the way you like it — and its blood pressure checking section.

If you told us this well-equipped Coles had flying trolleys we wouldn’t be shocked!

N1V7pLgU2K8I-PzrW7yNzwKo7zS1j-LDHSuIXMsF0lb8lJE59_r-ugAAsG_RyfbkLhVFp5r0QU60uhsMOGk1nPHdSuq7tpZi-WCyIOD4FuQOi9p-jw_etmX5V2lAPQYfv-e662Q8d5BSernCLYWnvxqdB-sdoRgcJQ55srJ1MR6ObxLaP5-Ku6BkD4n4hA

The Coles store’s highlight for the poster was its aisle for pet food. Credit: TikTok/@topthingstodomelbourne

Of course with all the features of the place, some users couldn’t help but be envious.

‘I got three little peanut butter dog treats from the pick & mix, and they were like $10. Too expensive,’ one user joked.

And another said they ‘wouldn’t recommend’ going to the Coles branch because ‘the people are snobby as f***’.

Key Takeaways

• A social media user took her followers on a tour of what she says is the 'best supermarket in Australia'.
  • The Coles store located in Melbourne featured a wide range of amenities and fresh food options.
  • People were in awe of the store, with many expressing disappointment that their local store didn’t have the same features.

Don’t live close by? Not to worry, you can find the other Coles Local locations here.

Not to be outdone, one Kmart branch in Melbourne also surprised some Aussies for a reason you won’t believe.

So, do you think this fancy Coles branch deserves to be called the ‘best supermarket in Australia’?

There are quite a few macarons and mochi bars and dog treat devices in the Sydney metro area. They make flat bread at the Roselands store. You can buy a hot coffee at the new York st store in Sydney. They also have some in competition to the Metro stores.

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
Years ago we had a store that when you looked in was just filled with produce bins. You could choose what you wanted in the quantities you needed. Everything from flour and sugar, cereals, pasta to dried fruit and veggies, dog food and treats to human treats, lollies and chocolates, cleaning materials and washing powder. In fact anything that could be sold loose was and you could take your own containers if you wished. It was the best way to shop!:)

m2xl_TdTFYek1JyS1QXD3YXnZ2ZjkXh8I5MeOwKsntwEEd_EeR6iD4HLhfZ5KZmXd3aeJWyrakg2oJeHhy2VNGPQAaGplFuobzayGxhz_3gGc9cJi_ldK2iZ3KPWxOL94Tc2_7vMzrXBZBjKCE25YP5S4bLNms721vz_HGg1IKmokbF6PCBST3Yimuq_9w

Check out these macarons and mochi. Credit:
TikTok/@topthingstodomelbourne

N1V7pLgU2K8I-PzrW7yNzwKo7zS1j-LDHSuIXMsF0lb8lJE59_r-ugAAsG_RyfbkLhVFp5r0QU60uhsMOGk1nPHdSuq7tpZi-WCyIOD4FuQOi9p-jw_etmX5V2lAPQYfv-e662Q8d5BSernCLYWnvxqdB-sdoRgcJQ55srJ1MR6ObxLaP5-Ku6BkD4n4hA

Key Takeaways

The Pasadena Foodland in Adelaide is amazing….groceies,bakery,restaurant,cafe,bar,gin tasting days, gifts and superb fresh fruit and vege. The store is well laid out and has a grand piano which is often being played. It’s worth a visit just to experience it.

I can only see one in Queensland, and I think it is a great idea but would love to see what the prices are like for this convenience.

No , I went to what I feel is so far the best supermarket ever.
It's Coles In Earlwood Sydney , they have just renovated and it's AMAZING . You have everything from a bread slicer to so many fresh pasta's, cookies, sauces there are Too many things to list !
You would never think you were in coles
Coles here in Yeppoon have recently renovated and it is great. No coffee though.

Reactions: Zoya, Ricci and Liz
Years ago we had a store that when you looked in was just filled with produce bins. You could choose what you wanted in the quantities you needed. Everything from flour and sugar, cereals, pasta to dried fruit and veggies, dog food and treats to human treats, lollies and chocolates, cleaning materials and washing powder. In fact anything that could be sold loose was and you could take your own containers if you wished. It was the best way to shop!:)
I remember stores like that when I was a child

The Pasadena Foodland in Adelaide is amazing….groceies,bakery,restaurant,cafe,bar,gin tasting days, gifts and superb fresh fruit and vege. The store is well laid out and has a grand piano which is often being played. It’s worth a visit just to experience it.
The sister shop at Frewville is also awesome!

Reactions: Ricci
I used to shop there 15 years ago, but don't live in area anymore. At that time they were pretty much the only to provide a wide range of d/f and g/f foods.

They claim it s all new andconvenient, so Coles can charge more. But a lot of these "new ways" are how it was long time ago! maybe before they were born, so it s all new to them!
And yes, we couldn't get a coffee or a freshly made Pizza in the super market, but I prefer to go to a coffee shop or a restaurant and not push my trolley with one hand doing my shopping while sipping my coffee. so much nicer to finish the shopping, then go and sit down and enjoy your coffee, instead of having a "coffee fix" to be able to rush through the rest of the day....

Coles Forest Lakes Thornlie Perth have most of the things described above expect they don't have Grill'd and they initially had the coffee machine but after a few weeks it was removed, they also don't do the flat bread fresh but Southern River does which is only a five minute drive to for us as is the Thornlie shop.