SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Is This A Real Sun Bear

20230802_151838.jpg
The footage comes as a zoological expert in the UK told the BBC the animal in the first viral footage was definitely a real sun bear.
Dr Ashleigh Marshall, an expert from Chester Zoo did concede, however, that sun bears do often "look a lot like people in their costumes".
Marshall told the BBC the loose skin on the bear's back, which viewers took to be evidence of an ill-fitting costume, was actually an anatomical feature of the sun bear which allowed them to protect themselves against predators.
The loose skin helped the bear to "turn around in their skin" and fight back if an animal like a tiger grabbed them, Marshall said.
People are keen to judge for themselves, with visitor numbers at Hangzhou Zoo surging by 30 per cent at the zoo since the story began trending on Chinese social media over the weekend, Zhejiang province-based Chao News reports.

I've seen this! And I'm NOT sure what to believe. Goodness! I'm curious to see what the other members think though.
Is This A Real Sun Bear

View attachment 26509
The footage comes as a zoological expert in the UK told the BBC the animal in the first viral footage was definitely a real sun bear.
Dr Ashleigh Marshall, an expert from Chester Zoo did concede, however, that sun bears do often "look a lot like people in their costumes".
Marshall told the BBC the loose skin on the bear's back, which viewers took to be evidence of an ill-fitting costume, was actually an anatomical feature of the sun bear which allowed them to protect themselves against predators.
The loose skin helped the bear to "turn around in their skin" and fight back if an animal like a tiger grabbed them, Marshall said.
People are keen to judge for themselves, with visitor numbers at Hangzhou Zoo surging by 30 per cent at the zoo since the story began trending on Chinese social media over the weekend, Zhejiang province-based Chao News reports.

It's real. no doubts here. those rolls at the back are fat sag rolls and it's a clever bear to stand up like that and wave but then bears do those things! No way it's a human in a suit as there is no where for a human to see out.
Geez the internet has little to do than pick on a bear.

Nuh, to me, if this picture presents the bare facts of what we are judging then, that sure does look like a human in a bear suit.

Only a video of this same sun-bear, or sequential photos of a bear standing up (and I don't mean one standing up still while wearing sequins) would convince me otherwise.

Is This A Real Sun Bear

View attachment 26509
I think the experts know best

It's real. no doubts here. those rolls at the back are fat sag rolls and it's a clever bear to stand up like that and wave but then bears do those things! No way it's a human in a suit as there is no where for a human to see out.
Geez the internet has little to do than pick on a bear.
Someone there actually heard it say hello .
Not picking on a bear thinking the Chinese are just tricking people

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tipsy and Pink lion
Ok, I take back my comment. I have to bow to the evidence.

In my defense, however for years I believed the promo hype in the media, and actually seriously, did believe many politicians would do great things for our nation, so what do I know. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tipsy
Latest media reports say it's a real 🐻.

But I saw in the video it waving, do sun bears wave.

People visiting the zoo not only captured it waving but it said hello.

All I can say if it's not a person in a bear suit the it's ' What A Clever Bear '