Is Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie leaving Hollywood forever?

Many of our members are fans of the silver screen, often reminiscing about the Golden Age of Hollywood.

But even though times have changed, we still appreciate the talents of today's actors and actresses.

This is why we can't ignore our surprise when Angelina Jolie, the Oscar-winning actress and humanitarian, has hinted at a significant shift in her life's trajectory.

In a candid interview, she revealed her intentions to leave the glitz and glamour of Hollywood behind for a quieter life overseas.

But what does this mean for her career, family, and humanitarian work?

shutterstock_1045534666.jpg
Angelina Jolie expressed her intention to leave Hollywood. Credit: Shutterstock

Jolie, a household name with over 60 film credits, has been a prominent figure in Hollywood for decades.

However, she recently told the Wall Street Journal that she's considering a move from her California home to Southeast Asia.

This revelation was a surprise, considering her last appearance in a film was in Marvel's Eternals in 2021.

The actress, who shot to fame with the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted, expressed her disillusionment with the Hollywood lifestyle.

‘I wouldn’t be an actress today,’ she said.

‘When I was starting out, it wasn’t as much of an expectation to be as public, to share so much.’

'Because I grew up around Hollywood, I was never very impressed with it. I never bought into it as significant or important.’

This sentiment, coupled with her desire for authenticity and meaningful relationships, has led her to consider a life far removed from the Hollywood spotlight.

Jolie's plans to relocate have been complicated by her high-profile divorce from actor Brad Pitt in 2016.

The couple, who were together for 12 years and share six children, have been embroiled in a lengthy custody battle.

The issue between the couple affected their children, to which one of Jolie’s sons, Pax Jolie-Pitt, accused his father of being a ‘terrible and despicable person’.

‘You have no consideration or empathy toward your four youngest children who tremble in fear when in your presence,' he added.

'You will never understand the damage you have done to my family because you are incapable of doing so.'

Jolie now has sole custody of their minor children, while Pitt has visitation rights.

'It's part of what happened after my divorce. I lost the ability to live and travel as freely,' Jolie shared.

‘I will move when I can.’

She expressed her desire for a healthier environment for herself and her children, stating, 'I grew up in quite a shallow place. Of all the places in the world, Hollywood is not a healthy place. So you seek authenticity.'

Interestingly, Jolie's closest friends are refugees, a testament to her long-standing humanitarian work.

'I realised my closest friends are refugees. Maybe four out of six of the women that I am close to are from war and conflict,' she revealed.

This connection to individuals from conflict-ridden areas has undoubtedly influenced her decision to move to Southeast Asia.

She also confirmed that she wasn’t dating anyone.

‘I don’t really have a social life,’ Jolie said before adding that her children were her best friends.

While Jolie's personal life is undergoing significant changes, her professional life remains busy.

She has five upcoming projects in both pre and post-production, including Maleficent 3 and Maria, where she portrays real-life opera singer Maria Callas during her final days in 1970s Paris.

In addition to her acting career, Jolie is also venturing into the world of sustainable fashion. She is set to open a sustainable clothing store, Atelier Jolie, in New York. This move aligns with her commitment to social and environmental causes, further solidifying her status as a global humanitarian.

Jolie's love for Southeast Asia is also not new. She fell in love with Cambodia two decades ago while filming 2001’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. A year later, she adopted her first child, Maddox, from the country.

She is currently living in a USD $25 million (AUD $38.1 million) mansion in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, and owns a remote property in Battambang, Cambodia, which she bought in 2002.
Key Takeaways
  • Angelina Jolie has revealed in an interview that she plans to leave Hollywood for a quieter life overseas.
  • Jolie, who gained fame from the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted, intends to move from her home in California to southeast Asia.
  • Following her divorce and lengthy custody battle with Brad Pitt, she explained that she lost the ability to live and travel freely.
  • Despite her plans to move, Jolie revealed that she remains busy professionally, with five upcoming projects in both pre and post-production, as well as plans to open a sustainable clothing store in New York.
Are you a fan of Angelina Jolie? What are your thoughts on Angelina Jolie's decision to leave Hollywood? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Many of our members are fans of the silver screen, often reminiscing about the Golden Age of Hollywood.

But even though times have changed, we still appreciate the talents of today's actors and actresses.

This is why we can't ignore our surprise when Angelina Jolie, the Oscar-winning actress and humanitarian, has hinted at a significant shift in her life's trajectory.

In a candid interview, she revealed her intentions to leave the glitz and glamour of Hollywood behind for a quieter life overseas.

View attachment 36788

Jolie, a household name with over 60 film credits, has been a prominent figure in Hollywood for decades.

However, she recently told the Wall Street Journal that she's considering a move from her California home to Southeast Asia.

This revelation was a surprise, considering her last appearance in a film was in Marvel's Eternals in 2021.

The actress, who shot to fame with the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted, expressed her disillusionment with the Hollywood lifestyle.

‘When I was starting out, it wasn’t as much of an expectation to be as public, to share so much.’

'Because I grew up around Hollywood, I was never very impressed with it. I never bought into it as significant or important.’

This sentiment, coupled with her desire for authenticity and meaningful relationships, has led her to consider a life far removed from the Hollywood spotlight.

Jolie's plans to relocate have been complicated by her high-profile divorce from actor Brad Pitt in 2016.

The couple, who were together for 12 years and share six children, have been embroiled in a lengthy custody battle.

The issue between the couple affected their children, to which one of Jolie’s sons, Pax Jolie-Pitt, accused his father of being a ‘terrible and despicable person’.

‘You have no consideration or empathy toward your four youngest children who tremble in fear when in your presence,' he added.

'You will never understand the damage you have done to my family because you are incapable of doing so.'

Jolie now has sole custody of their minor children, while Pitt has visitation rights.

'It's part of what happened after my divorce. I lost the ability to live and travel as freely,' Jolie shared.

She expressed her desire for a healthier environment for herself and her children, stating, 'I grew up in quite a shallow place. Of all the places in the world, Hollywood is not a healthy place. So you seek authenticity.'

Interestingly, Jolie's closest friends are refugees, a testament to her long-standing humanitarian work.

'I realised my closest friends are refugees. Maybe four out of six of the women that I am close to are from war and conflict,' she revealed.

This connection to individuals from conflict-ridden areas has undoubtedly influenced her decision to move to Southeast Asia.

‘I don’t really have a social life,’ Jolie said before adding that her children were her best friends.

While Jolie's personal life is undergoing significant changes, her professional life remains busy.

She has five upcoming projects in both pre and post-production, including Maleficent 3 and Maria, where she portrays real-life opera singer Maria Callas during her final days in 1970s Paris.

In addition to her acting career, Jolie is also venturing into the world of sustainable fashion. She is set to open a sustainable clothing store, Atelier Jolie, in New York. This move aligns with her commitment to social and environmental causes, further solidifying her status as a global humanitarian.

Jolie's love for Southeast Asia is also not new. She fell in love with Cambodia two decades ago while filming 2001’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. A year later, she adopted her first child, Maddox, from the country.

She is currently living in a USD $25 million (AUD $38.1 million) mansion in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, and owns a remote property in Battambang, Cambodia, which she bought in 2002.
Key Takeaways

• Angelina Jolie has revealed in an interview that she plans to leave Hollywood for a quieter life overseas.
  • Jolie, who gained fame from the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted, intends to move from her home in California to southeast Asia.
  • Following her divorce and lengthy custody battle with Brad Pitt, she explained that she lost the ability to live and travel freely.
  • Despite her plans to move, Jolie revealed that she remains busy professionally, with five upcoming projects in both pre and post-production, as well as plans to open a sustainable clothing store in New York.
Are you a fan of Angelina Jolie? What are your thoughts on Angelina Jolie's decision to leave Hollywood? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
i do not know her, but not on my favourite list.

View attachment 36788

Key Takeaways

This comes under the heading, who gives a rats posterior.
Where she ends up, it will hardly involve a down scale of lifestyle.

Reactions: Veggiepatch

View attachment 36788

Key Takeaways

How quick can that talentless, man-eater B##ch quit??? It would be no loss if she did.

P.S. - NOT being a troll - just my honest opinion!
Not a fan of hers or movies shes in and dislike her even more for the way she has treated that cutie Brad Pitt even turning the kids against him. she's a bitter, nasty, dog in the manger vindictive b##ch.

How quick can that talentless, man-eater B##ch quit??? It would be no loss if she did.

Not a fan of hers or movies shes in and dislike her even more for the way she has treated that cutie Brad Pitt even turning the kids against him. she's a bitter, nasty, dog in the manger vindictive b##ch.
You sound a tad jealous. 🤣

Please tell us what you really think. 😊😊

• Haha
Reactions: DLHM
I have never been a fan of AJ, I also am not the least bit interested in what she does with her life, if she wants to sell her 38.1 million dollar home and move to her home in Cambodia then go ahead, she doesn't need our permission and we don't need to know what she is doing, although I am disillusioned with Hollywood but I am so busy with my five upcoming projects and I am opening a clothing store also tells the world that she is once again promoting herself and being the look at poor me going through a bitter divorce and I can't go away on holiday as I used to. Really again not interested, live in the real world with nothing after a divorce then come back and say poor me.