Is dishwashing liquid soap really worth the money? Bargain hunters share their thoughts

Having a clean kitchen is a great feeling, but it can be a lot of work. After all, there are dishes to be washed, counters to be wiped down, and floors to be swept. And don’t forget about cleaning stoves, ovens, and burners – things can get pretty grim around there!

If you’re standing at the sink, scrubbing away at dirty dishes, you want to know that your dishwashing liquid is up to the task.

When it comes to dishwashing liquids, there are hundreds of options on supermarket shelves and online – so where do you start?

Fortunately for us, a group of bargain hunters have come to the rescue, revealing their top picks when it comes to choosing which dishwashing liquid soap is best.

lifestyle-2020-01-29T165729.370.jpg

Many people still opt for dishwashing liquid as their go-to cleaning agent. Credit: Getty Images.

Starting a discussion on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, one savvy shopper asked what dishwashing liquid is popular among other members.

Several people shared their preferences, but the original poster claimed that, in their opinion, Morning Fresh is a standout, calling it his all-time favourite dishwashing liquid soap.

'Morning Fresh seems to work the best and last ages but it dries out my skin,' he wrote.

'I usually buy them when they are 50 per cent off at Woolies or Coles.'

With many commenting on how effective and long-lasting this liquid soap is, you’re sure to get value for your money.

However, a few people also noted that it could be a bit drying on the skin, so be cautious if you have sensitive skin.

cleaning-in-restaurant-food-service-kitchen.jpg

As savvy shoppers, we should how to get the most for our money, particularly when buying cleaning supplies. Credit: Getty Images.

Others suggested Costco's Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, which some noted could last up to 8 months per bottle.

One user wrote: 'I buy Dawn dishwashing liquid from Costco. Absolutely it's the best and lasts me about 8 months, I use it for everything now washing floors and pre-soak stains on my clothes it's fantastic.'

On the other hand, Earth Choice and ALDI's Tandil also made it to the list, with users saying that these brands are ‘just as good’ as the more expensive brands.

One savvy shopper shared: 'I buy Earth Choice. It's a bit cheaper at the reject shop, and sometimes I can get them half price at Chemist Warehouse. Normally, $2 to $2.30 for a 1-litre bottle.'

'We use Tandil from Aldi. It doesn't dry my hands as quickly and doesn't make dermatitis/eczema break out in my household,' another claimed.

Sponsored
We have friend that drives his delivery truck that picks up 500 litre tanks full of chemicals and delivers to 2 factories that add perfumes and colors to this mix and bottle, and what happens you guess it same chemicals with different colors dishwash , shampoo, handwash, clothing wash,even car wash all out of same 500 litre tank's we are getting 😀 taken to the cleaners. To coin a phrase. son

My son also told me a similar story when he did a short stint, while travelling, in a factory where they bottled moisturiser, the Dr product went into the cheap product as well as the high end products, just different perfumes. He said we are only paying for the name and the fancy bottle, container, etc.
I now only use Redwin Vitamin E cream and it works fine.

Reactions: Penny4