Is Amazon Prime Worth the Subscription Cost? Bargain Hunters Weigh In

We all love the idea of getting a good deal, whether it’s finding the best prices on our favourite products or scoring exclusive discounts and perks.

For savvy shoppers, signing up for membership services is one of the best ways to access the offers and save money.

Are you considering signing up for Amazon Prime? You’re not alone – with goodies like streaming services, next-day delivery, and exclusive discounts, it’s no wonder that memberships are so appealing.

But before you jump in and sign up for a premium service, you should ask yourself – is Amazon Prime really worth the cost?

To find out, one savvy shopper took to the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group to ask their fellow members about their thoughts.

1685195014907.png
Shoppers shared their opinion on the benefits and disadvantages of subscribing to Amazon Prime. Credit: Amazon.

The bargain hunter wrote: ‘I have an Amazon Prime account and I never use it as I haven’t found anything to be that cheap.’

‘However, I heard from many others that they do most of their shopping there and wonder what they buy.’

‘If you order off Amazon Prime, what do you order, what is worth it and works out to be cheaper than the shops?’

After being flooded with responses, we decided to take a look at the comments and see what members thought of the service.

Quite a few of the members mentioned items like toilet paper, paper towels, cat food, washing powder, and bottled water as items that are often cheaper on Amazon Prime.

It’s also worth noting that if you’re ordering in bulk, then you could make some great savings on delivery costs by having your order delivered straight to your front door instead of having to haul a load of bulk items yourself.

Others pointed out that Pepsi Max is much cheaper to purchase at Amazon than from major supermarket retailers.

As one user pointed out: ‘I have been getting a subscription for Pepsi Max for delivery every 2 weeks. Most I pay is $24 which is a lot cheaper than Woolies or Coles.’

This is especially notable, considering many shoppers accuse supermarkets of overpricing Pepsi products. More about this can be read here.

Additionally, several users claimed that the service has a solid return and refund policy in place, so if you’re unhappy with your purchase or receive a damaged item, you can initiate a refund or return right away.

One comment read: ‘I got Biscoff spread ( a few weeks ago and it turned up smashed. I sent a photo to Amazon - instant refund.’

Some said that price isn’t the only factor when it comes to Amazon Prime, there are plenty of other advantages to consider.

One of the top perks is the streaming service and the range of shows available to Prime members.

‘Amazon Prime’s streaming service is a bargain and worth it on its own. I love the shows,’ one user said.

One customer also shared how they use the service to send gifts to loved ones who live interstate.

Of course, not all reviews are positive.

Some said that the prices of the products may appear ‘cheaper’ because you think you are scoring a bargain from your membership when in reality, it’s the same or even more expensive as the ones you purchase at other retailers.

One user claimed: ‘You really have to watch the prices because they're not always cheaper. Also, if you subscribe to something you think is a good deal, the prices always go up the next time.’

Key Takeaways
  • Amazon Prime is a subscription service offering exclusive discounts, perks, and benefits.
  • Shoppers find various products and discounts worth subscribing to Amazon Prime for, including toilet paper, pantry items, pet food, and household items.
  • Some shoppers also appreciate the streaming service, gift delivery options, and convenience of bulk items being delivered to their front doors.
  • However, some users caution that the prices on Amazon Prime are not always lower, and delivery times may vary, so it's important to carefully evaluate if the subscription cost is worth it for each individual.

It’s also worth noting that Amazon Prime membership fees are set to increase in June 2023 - the monthly subscription fee will increase from $6.99 to $9.99, and the annual subscription fee will increase from $59 to $79.

If you’re an Amazon Prime member and want to avoid the upcoming price hike, this could be the perfect time to switch to the annual plan.

So, members, what do you think? Is Amazon Prime worth it? Have you ever had a good or bad experience? Still not sure what to make of Prime? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
We all love the idea of getting a good deal, whether it’s finding the best prices on our favourite products or scoring exclusive discounts and perks.

For savvy shoppers, signing up for membership services is one of the best ways to access the offers and save money.

Are you considering signing up for Amazon Prime? You’re not alone – with goodies like streaming services, next-day delivery, and exclusive discounts, it’s no wonder that memberships are so appealing.

But before you jump in and sign up for a premium service, you should ask yourself – is Amazon Prime really worth the cost?

To find out, one savvy shopper took to the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group to ask their fellow members about their thoughts.

View attachment 20831
Shoppers shared their opinion on the benefits and disadvantages of subscribing to Amazon Prime. Credit: Amazon.

The bargain hunter wrote: ‘I have an Amazon Prime account and I never use it as I haven’t found anything to be that cheap.’

‘However, I heard from many others that they do most of their shopping there and wonder what they buy.’

‘If you order off Amazon Prime, what do you order, what is worth it and works out to be cheaper than the shops?’

After being flooded with responses, we decided to take a look at the comments and see what members thought of the service.

Quite a few of the members mentioned items like toilet paper, paper towels, cat food, washing powder, and bottled water as items that are often cheaper on Amazon Prime.

It’s also worth noting that if you’re ordering in bulk, then you could make some great savings on delivery costs by having your order delivered straight to your front door instead of having to haul a load of bulk items yourself.

Others pointed out that Pepsi Max is much cheaper to purchase at Amazon than from major supermarket retailers.

As one user pointed out: ‘I have been getting a subscription for Pepsi Max for delivery every 2 weeks. Most I pay is $24 which is a lot cheaper than Woolies or Coles.’

This is especially notable, considering many shoppers accuse supermarkets of overpricing Pepsi products. More about this can be read here.

Additionally, several users claimed that the service has a solid return and refund policy in place, so if you’re unhappy with your purchase or receive a damaged item, you can initiate a refund or return right away.

One comment read: ‘I got Biscoff spread ( a few weeks ago and it turned up smashed. I sent a photo to Amazon - instant refund.’

Some said that price isn’t the only factor when it comes to Amazon Prime, there are plenty of other advantages to consider.

One of the top perks is the streaming service and the range of shows available to Prime members.

‘Amazon Prime’s streaming service is a bargain and worth it on its own. I love the shows,’ one user said.

One customer also shared how they use the service to send gifts to loved ones who live interstate.

Some said that the prices of the products may appear ‘cheaper’ because you think you are scoring a bargain from your membership when in reality, it’s the same or even more expensive as the ones you purchase at other retailers.

One user claimed: ‘You really have to watch the prices because they're not always cheaper. Also, if you subscribe to something you think is a good deal, the prices always go up the next time.’

Key Takeaways

• Amazon Prime is a subscription service offering exclusive discounts, perks, and benefits.
  • Shoppers find various products and discounts worth subscribing to Amazon Prime for, including toilet paper, pantry items, pet food, and household items.
  • Some shoppers also appreciate the streaming service, gift delivery options, and convenience of bulk items being delivered to their front doors.
  • However, some users caution that the prices on Amazon Prime are not always lower, and delivery times may vary, so it's important to carefully evaluate if the subscription cost is worth it for each individual.

It’s also worth noting that Amazon Prime membership fees are set to increase in June 2023 - the monthly subscription fee will increase from $6.99 to $9.99, and the annual subscription fee will increase from $59 to $79.

If you’re an Amazon Prime member and want to avoid the upcoming price hike, this could be the perfect time to switch to the annual plan.

So, members, what do you think? Is Amazon Prime worth it? Have you ever had a good or bad experience? Still not sure what to make of Prime? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
I've been with Amazon Prime for some time now. I also get Acorn+ and Paramount + through them. I have found I can get a lot of books quite a deal cheaper than any other supplier and usually it comes with free postage. We get more viewing time from our Prime Video subscription than any other. I shop around for some things but have found Amazon to be pretty good price wise

View attachment 20831

Key Takeaways

Definitely worth it. Amazon prime books a bargain. Always check them first with auto delivery for my pets saves heaps.
Buying something small like a pack of crochet hooks, free next day. The fast delivery a bonus as well

No more than 24 hours in my day to cram in any more viewing. If there’s nothing to watch on ‘free-to-air’ I get a book and read instead. I don’t buy anything from Amazon or Amazon Prime, nothing I want or need as I have all I need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarred Santos
No more than 24 hours in my day to cram in any more viewing. If there’s nothing to watch on ‘free-to-air’ I get a book and read instead. I don’t buy anything from Amazon or Amazon Prime, nothing 8 want or need as I have all I need.
There's always housework to be done lol

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 20831

Key Takeaways

i am a prime member for years . i have bought close to 100 products and always satisfied . customer service ithe best i,ve ever used . 24/7 answered within 1min . all people can make a decision , not the usual i,ll talk to my supervisor . i,ve had several returns no problems . delivery is very fast and you get notifications for delivery . BEST VALUE EVER .