Is ALDI running out of supplies? Here’s why some shoppers think so

As members of the SDC, we always do our best to watch and manage our finances, and with the rising cost of living today, it's more important than ever to be savvy with our spending.

And as all of you know, one of our most trusted go-to budget stores is none other than ALDI; a wonderful supermarket chain that offers a range of household essentials and your favourite grocery items at extremely affordable prices.

However, more and more people are starting to notice and point out that ALDI stores appear to be running out of supplies as of late.

A recent Reddit forum post raised concerns among fellow loyal customers of the supermarket regarding the lack of products in their local stores.

One user asked: 'Is anybody else seeing a lot of empty shelves?'

pexels-photo-4079219.jpeg

Many shoppers noticed that their local ALDI stores are experiencing shortages in stocks of essential items. [Note: Photo for context] Credit: Pexels.

They then noted that the shortages 'make sense', explaining that many people are now opting for cheaper options and are now shopping at budget retailers like ALDI.

'ALDI can't keep up,' the user continued.

The post received a lot of attention from fellow shoppers who, in turn, voiced their concerns, with many of them confirming that their local stores are also running out of supplies.

One user said: 'The fresh produce section was almost empty the other day, and the other thing could be that they are running stock down in the lead-up to Christmas.'

'Do they do this to have more space when people are stocking up for Christmas lunch?'

Others noted that a few key items, such as chickpeas and large slabs of cheese, have been missing from their local stores recently.

'Cheese has been a bit understocked the last few weeks at my ALDI. Last visit there weren't many eggs or Turkish bread either,' one user wrote.

Another agreed, claiming: 'Yeah - I've noticed blocks of cheese are missing for weeks.'

Some claimed that the toilet paper available in some stores is down to the 'who cares' boxes, while the freezer for frozen vegetables is practically empty of frozen vegetables.

Many called out the possibility that manufacturing facilities were prioritising their own brand over ALDI's during the current shortage.

One comment explained: 'As a manufacturing guy, ALDI products are made at factories that will prioritise their own brands during material shortages. It's Christmas time so primary brands take priority, then licenced, then ALDI.'

Others argued that the current shortage of certain foods is due to everything from floods to a bad exchange rate, making it hard for supermarkets to restock their shelves and replenish the food people want.

'It's highly likely too that many of the supply contracts for the ALDI private label shit are under re-negotiation and are about to go up in price significantly,' another person wrote.

'Until then they will produce as little as possible due to input cost pressures.'

Key Takeaways

• Recent Reddit threads have highlighted shoppers’ concerns over stock shortages in their local ALDI stores.
  • Some shoppers believe that the shortages are due to factories prioritising their own brands during material shortages, re-negotiation of ALDI’s supply contracts and input cost pressures.
  • Other shoppers have experienced shortages with specific items such as cheese, eggs, Turkish bread, fresh produce, canned soups, and frozen vegetables.
  • There may also be a wider food shortage due to floods and bad exchange rates, leading to stores being unable to stock up as much as usual.

What are your thoughts, folks? Could we be seeing more major supplier shortages in the coming months? Also, if you noticed similar shortages in your local stores, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below!

Sponsored
We find it very hard to shop at ALDI in Baldivis as the fixtures are always very low or empty including the meat dept, fruit and vegetable and also the Liquor. I understand the freezer section out of stocks and paper goods, but the rest of the store I can not understand. Before retiring I managed and supervised many large supermarkets for both the national chains.

Reactions: Luckyus and Ricci
I've been having at least 20 % off out of stocks with my coles online shopping.

Due to this I ended up needing to go into coles and was shocked at how empty the shelves were , I then went to woolworths and same thing

My sister inlaw said she has seen the same thing over the last month.

I think there is a stock shortage and they are not telling people so to prevent a panic buy

As members of the SDC, we always do our best to watch and manage our finances, and with the rising cost of living today, it's more important than ever to be savvy with our spending.

And as all of you know, one of our most trusted go-to budget stores is none other than ALDI; a wonderful supermarket chain that offers a range of household essentials and your favourite grocery items at extremely affordable prices.

However, more and more people are starting to notice and point out that ALDI stores appear to be running out of supplies as of late.

A recent Reddit forum post raised concerns among fellow loyal customers of the supermarket regarding the lack of products in their local stores.

One user asked: 'Is anybody else seeing a lot of empty shelves?'

pexels-photo-4079219.jpeg

Many shoppers noticed that their local ALDI stores are experiencing shortages in stocks of essential items. [Note: Photo for context] Credit: Pexels.

They then noted that the shortages 'make sense', explaining that many people are now opting for cheaper options and are now shopping at budget retailers like ALDI.

'ALDI can't keep up,' the user continued.

The post received a lot of attention from fellow shoppers who, in turn, voiced their concerns, with many of them confirming that their local stores are also running out of supplies.

One user said: 'The fresh produce section was almost empty the other day, and the other thing could be that they are running stock down in the lead-up to Christmas.'

'Do they do this to have more space when people are stocking up for Christmas lunch?'

Others noted that a few key items, such as chickpeas and large slabs of cheese, have been missing from their local stores recently.

'Cheese has been a bit understocked the last few weeks at my ALDI. Last visit there weren't many eggs or Turkish bread either,' one user wrote.

Another agreed, claiming: 'Yeah - I've noticed blocks of cheese are missing for weeks.'

Some claimed that the toilet paper available in some stores is down to the 'who cares' boxes, while the freezer for frozen vegetables is practically empty of frozen vegetables.

Many called out the possibility that manufacturing facilities were prioritising their own brand over ALDI's during the current shortage.

One comment explained: 'As a manufacturing guy, ALDI products are made at factories that will prioritise their own brands during material shortages. It's Christmas time so primary brands take priority, then licenced, then ALDI.'

Others argued that the current shortage of certain foods is due to everything from floods to a bad exchange rate, making it hard for supermarkets to restock their shelves and replenish the food people want.

'It's highly likely too that many of the supply contracts for the ALDI private label shit are under re-negotiation and are about to go up in price significantly,' another person wrote.

'Until then they will produce as little as possible due to input cost pressures.'

Key Takeaways

• Recent Reddit threads have highlighted shoppers’ concerns over stock shortages in their local ALDI stores.
  • Some shoppers believe that the shortages are due to factories prioritising their own brands during material shortages, re-negotiation of ALDI’s supply contracts and input cost pressures.
  • Other shoppers have experienced shortages with specific items such as cheese, eggs, Turkish bread, fresh produce, canned soups, and frozen vegetables.
  • There may also be a wider food shortage due to floods and bad exchange rates, leading to stores being unable to stock up as much as usual.

What are your thoughts, folks? Could we be seeing more major supplier shortages in the coming months? Also, if you noticed similar shortages in your local stores, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below!
I've been having at least 20 % off out of stocks with my coles online shopping.

Due to this I ended up needing to go into coles and was shocked at how empty the shelves were , I then went to woolworths and same thing

My sister inlaw said she has seen the same thing over the last month.

I think there is a stock shortage and they are not telling people so to prevent a panic buy
It’s not just Aldi either bother Woollies and Coles have shortages. I been chasing frozen chips for months. Last week Coles has sign rationing them. Sml packs of double rolled Toilet paper scarce at Aldi for months also

Shortages have been our lives for a while now. But in my humble opinion, as soon as it is announced that there will be a limit, the panic buyers go nuts. If there is no big song and dance about stock, we would probably all be able to find what we want. If you don't have it, you won't starve. Work out something else but stop stock piling. It is annoying.