Wendy

Aug 30, 2021
Invisible Illness

Hi, recently there was an article on here about parking in a disabled spot and the nasty remarks you get when you have an invisible disability. Today I received my newsletter from West Australian Ostomy Association and saw that there is a group specifically for people with an invisible illness. It appears to be just in WA but maybe other states have them too.

'Invisible Illnesses Inc is a local group providing in-person support and a social group for people who have any form of invisible illness, including chronic pain, because these are not well understood by the general community and isolation is a very real issue. Raising awareness and providing educating for sufferers and their support people as well as the general public are major objectives.'

Email - [email protected] or visit invisibleillnesses.org.au
Ph: 6140 3977

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I should have read all the news letter before posting my previous letter. I have found the national one now.

hwww.invisibledisabilities.com.auave

Invisible Illness

Hi, recently there was an article on here about parking in a disabled spot and the nasty remarks you get when you have an invisible disability. Today I received my newsletter from
West Australian Ostomy Association and saw that there is a group specifically for people with an invisible illness. It appears to be just in WA but maybe other states have them too.

Invisible Illnesses Inc is a local group providing
in-person support and a social group for people
who have any form of invisible illness, including
chronic pain, because these are not well
understood by the general community and
isolation is a very real issue.
Raising awareness and providing educating for
sufferers and their support people as well as the
general public are major objectives.
Email - [email protected]
or visit invisibleillnesses.org.au
Thank you so much for this, @Wendy! I'll find that article and crosspost this post so others can be made aware :D

Invisible Illness

Hi, recently there was an article on here about parking in a disabled spot and the nasty remarks you get when you have an invisible disability. Today I received my newsletter from West Australian Ostomy Association and saw that there is a group specifically for people with an invisible illness. It appears to be just in WA but maybe other states have them too.

'Invisible Illnesses Inc is a local group providing in-person support and a social group for people who have any form of invisible illness, including chronic pain, because these are not well understood by the general community and isolation is a very real issue. Raising awareness and providing educating for sufferers and their support people as well as the general public are major objectives.'

Email - [email protected] or visit invisibleillnesses.org.au
For those who wish to read the story @Wendy was referring to, please click the link below: