Insider reveals John Farnham's health condition months after defeating cancer

According to a close friend and insider, music legend John Farnham is making a strong recovery since receiving the ‘all-clear’ from his doctors after his battle with throat cancer.

Gaynor Wheatley, widow of Farnham's longtime manager Glenn Wheatley, gave journalists an update on Farnham's health journey.

'He’s in the rebuild side of the battle, and he’s good,' Wheatley told reporters.

F8haIGXbgAADIyW.jpg
According to a close friend and insider, music legend John Farnham is recovering strongly in the months since receiving the all-clear from throat cancer. Credit: LadyTasker/X (Twitter)

Cancer recovery is an ongoing process, as patients work to regain strength physically and emotionally after treatment. Farnham underwent 12 hours of major surgery last year to remove a tumour from his mouth and to reconstruct his jaw—a daunting medical procedure for anyone.

‘He’s funny, and his eyes are sparkling blue, and it’s wonderful. It’s a f****** miracle,’ Wheatley added.

The surgery was a success, as Farnham proudly announced in August that scans showed he was cancer-free.

‘I’m home now, and I’m a very grateful and happy man,’ Farnham said. ‘I’m sitting here in my living room lapping up the attention from my beautiful wife, Jill, my boys Rob and James and mini schnauzer Edmund.’

However, the impacts of such an intensive treatment will linger. Even months after the all-clear, Farnham is focused on rest and rebuilding his health.

Despite his reluctance, appearing in the recent documentary Finding The Voice gave fans a chance to send messages of hope to Farnham during his battle.

‘He was quite the reluctant traveller in the film, he said no one would want to see him, they already knew everything, but he’s chuffed at the response,’ Wheatley mentioned.

As one of the country’s most loved artists, Farnham was deeply moved. 'He just can’t really believe there’s that amount of love out there and that he’s relevant,' Wheatley shared.

The singer's family thanked everyone for the ‘extraordinary amount of generous messages and well wishes’ during his treatment.

Farnham's legacy of hit songs and larger-than-life performances has resonated with audiences for decades.

On October 20, the 35th-anniversary edition of his 1988 record Age of Reason will be released. He is suspected of making a comeback then.

You can watch Farnham’s ‘You’re the Voice’ performance with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra here:

Key Takeaways
  • A close family friend of John Farnham has provided a health update on the music icon, two months after he announced his cancer 'all clear.'
  • Last year, Farnham underwent surgery and battled throat cancer, with a tumour being removed from his mouth and his jaw being reconstructed.
  • Farnham is said to be 'rebuilding', feeling grateful and happy, and appreciating the immense support he's been receiving from fans.
  • A 35th-anniversary edition of John Farnham's 1988 record Age of Reason is slated for release on October 20.

As he continues recovering at home with loved ones, Farnham is thankful to have more days creating new memories. He said, 'Bring on 2024.'

Australia is equally eager to see where Farnham's next chapter may take him, with his health hopefully fully restored.

What’s your favourite John Farnham performance, members? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
According to a close friend and insider, music legend John Farnham is making a strong recovery since receiving the ‘all-clear’ from his doctors after his battle with throat cancer.

Gaynor Wheatley, widow of Farnham's longtime manager Glenn Wheatley, gave journalists an update on Farnham's health journey.

'He’s in the rebuild side of the battle, and he’s good,' Wheatley told reporters.

View attachment 32281
According to a close friend and insider, music legend John Farnham is recovering strongly in the months since receiving the all-clear from throat cancer. Credit: LadyTasker/X (Twitter)

Cancer recovery is an ongoing process, as patients work to regain strength physically and emotionally after treatment. Farnham underwent 12 hours of major surgery last year to remove a tumour from his mouth and to reconstruct his jaw—a daunting medical procedure for anyone.

‘He’s funny, and his eyes are sparkling blue, and it’s wonderful. It’s a f****** miracle,’ Wheatley added.

The surgery was a success, as Farnham proudly announced in August that scans showed he was cancer-free.

‘I’m home now, and I’m a very grateful and happy man,’ Farnham said. ‘I’m sitting here in my living room lapping up the attention from my beautiful wife, Jill, my boys Rob and James and mini schnauzer Edmund.’

However, the impacts of such an intensive treatment will linger. Even months after the all-clear, Farnham is focused on rest and rebuilding his health.

Despite his reluctance, appearing in the recent documentary Finding The Voice gave fans a chance to send messages of hope to Farnham during his battle.

‘He was quite the reluctant traveller in the film, he said no one would want to see him, they already knew everything, but he’s chuffed at the response,’ Wheatley mentioned.

As one of the country’s most loved artists, Farnham was deeply moved. 'He just can’t really believe there’s that amount of love out there and that he’s relevant,' Wheatley shared.

The singer's family thanked everyone for the ‘extraordinary amount of generous messages and well wishes’ during his treatment.

Farnham's legacy of hit songs and larger-than-life performances has resonated with audiences for decades.

On October 20, the 35th-anniversary edition of his 1988 record Age of Reason will be released. He is suspected of making a comeback then.

You can watch Farnham’s ‘You’re the Voice’ performance with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra here:

Key Takeaways

• A close family friend of John Farnham has provided a health update on the music icon, two months after he announced his cancer 'all clear.'
  • Last year, Farnham underwent surgery and battled throat cancer, with a tumour being removed from his mouth and his jaw being reconstructed.
  • Farnham is said to be 'rebuilding', feeling grateful and happy, and appreciating the immense support he's been receiving from fans.
  • A 35th-anniversary edition of John Farnham's 1988 record Age of Reason is slated for release on October 20.

As he continues recovering at home with loved ones, Farnham is thankful to have more days creating new memories. He said, 'Bring on 2024.'

Australia is equally eager to see where Farnham's next chapter may take him, with his health hopefully fully restored.

What’s your favourite John Farnham performance, members? Share them in the comments below!

Great news.....Sadie the cleaning lady will never be forgotten.

Good news hope you continue to improve every day .thumbs up to all your family as well.
So glad to hear that he is recovering well
It is such a terrible disease. Most people seem to believe that it is caused by drinking or smoking, and in many cases it is.
However, in my daughters case she had never done either and yet she had the same operation, was in remission for about 8 years, then it returned twice, both times requiring in excess of 13 hours surgery.
I wish Johny a quick and permanent recovery so he can have a long and happy life with his family 👍💕

View attachment 32281

Key Takeaways

Ho hum.....

• Haha
Reactions: MaccaMan

View attachment 32281

Key Takeaways

I wish him all the best with his recovery. I was never a fan of his music when he went by the name Johnny Farnham. I was a bit too young but I do remember my 4 older sisters talking about him. I did become a fan and still am of his later music. My favourite song of his is Touch Of Paradise. It did and does give me shivers when I hear it or play it. It is a beautiful song. Also I saw him down at the Pacific Hotel in Lorne quite a few years back when he was fronting the Little River Band and he and the band were fantastic. Will never forget and still remember it like it was yesterday,when they played This Time I'm Playing To Win. It brought everyone to their feet,it was brilliant.👍 And I hope in the future when he is well enough that he does some live shows.🤞 I for one will be first in line to get a ticket.😊

Interesting timing around the release of this information - specifically because he lent himself as a VOICE 'YES' advocate and lost a number of fans through doing so.

Reactions: JedCorella
I was a NO voter, but nonetheless he is entitled to his opinion as we all were
I was a NO voter, but nonetheless he is entitled to his opinion as we all were
I agree. And it wouldn't have mattered and doesn't matter to me whether he was a YES or NO or MAYBE voter. I still like his music and he hasn't lost me as a fan.