Injuries caused by snapping heels from THE ICONIC prompt massive product recall

Customers of popular online retailer THE ICONIC have been warned over a product recall that affects all customers, locally and internationally.

An issue has been identified with the Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots sold by AERE–a brand exclusive to THE ICONIC–between March 5 and August 3 this year. The boots, which come in brown, black, and beige leather, display the identifying number W23AE0021.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 7.55.52 AM.png
A product recall was issued for AERE Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots sold on THE ICONIC. Image source: THE ICONIC.

'Consumers should stop wearing the boots immediately,' according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).

'The heels on these boots may snap during wear,' the ACCC added.

'There is a risk of ankle or fall injuries if the boot heel snaps while in use. Incidents and an associated injury have been reported.'

If you or anyone you know owns a pair of AERE Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots, the ACCC suggests you stop using the product immediately and return it to THE ICONIC for a full refund.

Contact THE ICONIC’s customer support team at +61 2 8294 8828 (Australia) or 0800 461 244 (New Zealand) or by using the Live Chat feature on their website: https://www.theiconic.com.au/ and https://www.theiconic.co.nz/.

You may also read the full recall here.

Product recalls play a critical role in the business world, particularly when a consumer's safety is at stake. Essentially, a product recall is a request by a manufacturer to return a product following the discovery of defects or safety issues that might endanger the consumer or put the maker at risk of legal action.

Another product recall that was recently issued due to fire risk is this popular product from The Oodie, an online retailer of wearable blankets.

The impacted Oodies were sold online between September 29, 2022, and July 14, 2023. It is likely that many impact Oodies were gifted to children for Christmas, and adults have also been known to purchase this product due to its lower price point.

You can read more about this recall in this article we wrote.
Key Takeaways
  • Leather boots by AERE–a brand exclusive to THE ICONIC–have been recalled due to defective heels.
  • The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) stated that the heels of the boots may snap during wear, leading to potential ankle or fall injuries.
  • The boots, available in brown, black, and beige, were sold to local and international customers on THE ICONIC from March 5 to August 3.
  • Customers are advised to stop wearing the boots immediately and return them for a full refund.
Have you ever experienced a product recall on an item you’ve purchased? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Customers of popular online retailer THE ICONIC have been warned over a product recall that affects all customers, locally and internationally.

An issue has been identified with the Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots sold by AERE–a brand exclusive to THE ICONIC–between March 5 and August 3 this year. The boots, which come in brown, black, and beige leather, display the identifying number W23AE0021.

View attachment 29012
A product recall was issued for AERE Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots sold on THE ICONIC. Image source: THE ICONIC.

'Consumers should stop wearing the boots immediately,' according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).

'There is a risk of ankle or fall injuries if the boot heel snaps while in use. Incidents and an associated injury have been reported.'

If you or anyone you know owns a pair of AERE Square Toe Leather Ankle Boots, the ACCC suggests you stop using the product immediately and return it to THE ICONIC for a full refund.

Contact THE ICONIC’s customer support team at +61 2 8294 8828 (Australia) or 0800 461 244 (New Zealand) or by using the Live Chat feature on their website: https://www.theiconic.com.au/ and https://www.theiconic.co.nz/.

Product recalls play a critical role in the business world, particularly when a consumer's safety is at stake. Essentially, a product recall is a request by a manufacturer to return a product following the discovery of defects or safety issues that might endanger the consumer or put the maker at risk of legal action.

Another product recall that was recently issued due to fire risk is this popular product from The Oodie, an online retailer of wearable blankets.

The impacted Oodies were sold online between September 29, 2022, and July 14, 2023. It is likely that many impact Oodies were gifted to children for Christmas, and adults have also been known to purchase this product due to its lower price point.

Key Takeaways

• Leather boots by AERE–a brand exclusive to THE ICONIC–have been recalled due to defective heels.
  • The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) stated that the heels of the boots may snap during wear, leading to potential ankle or fall injuries.
  • The boots, available in brown, black, and beige, were sold to local and international customers on THE ICONIC from March 5 to August 3.
  • Customers are advised to stop wearing the boots immediately and return them for a full refund.
Have you ever experienced a product recall on an item you’ve purchased? Share your experience with us in the comments below!
There horrible🤮

Forget about AERE boots, how about Skechers "runners". Worst brand of footwear ever made.

Podiatrists in the UK have demanded they be taken of the market due to thousands of cases of ankle, ligament and tendon damage, some permanent. All caused by the lack of ankle support.

Take a look at the typical Skechers shoe. The thickness of the support around the top of the ankle is less than half of that of my ASICS shoes.

Just ban 'em, burn 'em then bury 'em.

View attachment 29012

Key Takeaways

i would fall over wearing these.

Reactions: terri and TheBear
I'd love to know how many of the SDC members still wear heels as high as these.
Not many would be my guess. I haven’t worn heels more than about 2 inches for years, now I rarely wear any type of high heels. I remember we used to call them goggies when we were kids and would play with mums one pair of modest high heeled shoes that she owned, until she caught us and roused. Ahh memories.

View attachment 29012

Key Takeaways

Not many would be my guess. I haven’t worn heels more than about 2 inches for years, now I rarely wear any type of high heels. I remember we used to call them goggies when we were kids and would play with mums one pair of modest high heeled shoes that she owned, until she caught us and roused. Ahh memories.
I have just had an accident on a pedestrian crossing where I stepped forward to walk but my shoe felt like it was "super-glued" to the crossing. I went off balance and fell face down injuring both knees and my chest. I sent a photo of the sole of the shoes and my injuries to Nautica which are sold by TKMaxx and got a refund. The front and back of the soles had a different material to the middle and too much "grip". More human trials need to be carried out by shoe manufacturers.

• Wow
Reactions: KatKop and Ezzy
Forget about AERE boots, how about Skechers "runners". Worst brand of footwear ever made.

Podiatrists in the UK have demanded they be taken of the market due to thousands of cases of ankle, ligament and tendon damage, some permanent. All caused by the lack of ankle support.

Take a look at the typical Skechers shoe. The thickness of the support around the top of the ankle is less than half of that of my ASICS shoes.

I disagree if you don't have an ankle problem the sketcher are the most comfortable walking shoe I have had they are not for jogging

I disagree if you don't have an ankle problem the sketcher are the most comfortable walking shoe I have had they are not for jogging
My sister loves them and yes there not for jogging😁and they look good but I love my true blue Aussie made real sheepskin uggies😂no Americano on my feet

Reactions: Trudyone

Love my skechers

Reactions: Littleboy8