Indulge in sweets guilt-free this Mother’s Day: Fitness guru shares how to make tasty, low-calorie scones with only THREE ingredients!

Still undecided on how you’ll celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend? Treat your partner, a friend, or yourself to some delicious, homemade scones!

An Aussie health coach revealed exactly how she makes them but with a twist – they are low in calories and only require THREE ingredients. Easy-peasy!

Bec Hardgrave showed off her healthy take on scones in an Instagram post and oh boy, do they look scrumptious! Using an air fryer and a mixture of just flour, lemonade, and cream, the fitness guru said her “light, fluffy and delicious” scones are only 120 calories and ideal for Mother's Day.

Here’s what you’ll need to get your hands on:

1. 240 grams of self-raising flour (add a little extra for dusting the bench)
2. 150 millilitres of sugar-free lemonade
3. 150 millilitres of light, thickened cream
4. Raspberry Jam (to serve, but optional)
5. Cream (to serve, also optional)

BzZdx7W5icaksTWdaow2qTdkQJHOZ9FKh9Slm5X7yvnECfIlURB8H-biTsYg0By_KXIGkcSTHbrJuoRW3cAWdIAMkVPX26aHDs0ueaWMSbwU-y90L4KHnRjHp2aSyLwKcFMIItg71OPGFzQ14Q
VZZpKIU0ReZKRnPQJCs-X8FESRFV4VhDrdD5yUBjPhtBZIOkJdKqNC45YCx-f_8f3t83kK6M2wM1yIndwEovVnCiTdfu5e9S7_i9izFfCwLcEVux26Q44textvB8gplXHZ1scW8oRtXcVZmWTQ

Image Credit: @bechardgrave

She starts by sifting self-raising flour into a bowl, forming a well in the centre before pouring in light thickened cream and sugar-free lemonade. The health coach combines all the ingredients together to create a dough.

Then, she rolls the dough out onto a floured bench and proceeds to cut them into shape using a cup before popping them in her air fryer at 180 degrees for 12 minutes (or until they are golden brown on top).

Once cooked to perfection, she serves the homemade treats with a dollop of cream and raspberry jam. Just plain delicious!

Bec’s Instagram post garnered dozens of comments from fellow foodies, keen to try out her recipe for themselves.

“I made these today. They were so good!” commented one user.

“I love this idea. I want to make these with my daughter for Nana on Sunday!” shared another.

“Yuuum! I need to try this one.” wrote a third.

Others also had some tips up their sleeves to share.

“You can also change the lemonade for soda water, they are so nice,” one fan recommended.

“Don’t twist when cutting scones as they don’t rise as they should,” a second advised while another responded: “And also if you bake a few at once and have them touching slightly they help each other raise!”

Bec has gained a loyal following of over 90,100 followers on Instagram and 81,400 on TikTok for regularly sharing handy videos of easy and healthy recipes.

She also advises her followers on how to order healthier versions of fast food meals, such as how to slash hundreds of calories off a Bacon and Egg McMuffin meal from Macca’s and a chicken burrito from Guzman Y Gomez.

Have you ever tried any of Bec’s hacks or recipes? If so, let us know how it went in the comments!

Want to watch Bec’s full TikTok video? Watch it below:

Video Credit: @bechardgrave

Sponsored
I've been making scones using lemonade for quite a few now. Delicious that's for sure.

About 30 years ago, I first heard about the lemonade scones recipe from Alan Pearsall on 3AW on Australia Overnight.
He used 1 cup self-raising flour, 1 bottle (300ml) thickened cream and 1 can lemonade (they were 300 ml back then).
The scones never fail, and are always so light and rise to the sky.
Happy Mother's Day, folks
We all have/had a Mum to remember.💓💖💗