Imagine winning millions while on the loo! Discover how this NSW man did just that with Powerball!

In a twist that sounds like it's straight out of a movie, a man from Taree on the mid-north coast of New South Wales had the surprise of his life, all while engaging in one of life's most mundane tasks. Picture this: you're sitting on the toilet, probably scrolling through your phone, and you decide to check your lottery ticket. That's exactly what this NSW man did, only to discover he had won a staggering $4.6 million in Powerball.

The winner, who chose to remain anonymous, had been oblivious to his newfound wealth over the weekend, having missed several phone calls attempting to deliver the life-changing news. It wasn't until that fateful bathroom break that he checked his ticket and realized his fortune. 'I was actually sitting on the toilet when I checked my ticket,' he told The Lott. The disbelief was palpable as he recounted showing his wife and frantically googling the numbers to confirm the win. 'It's come at the most amazing time,' he said, still reeling from the shock.

The winning numbers in Powerball draw 1476 on Thursday were 12, 21, 6, 15, 9, 34, and 20, with the all-important Powerball number being 15. His ticket was the only division-one winning entry, netting him a cool $4,681,528.85.

1725334853577.png
NSW man finds out he's a multi-millionaire while checking his lottery ticket in the bathroom. Credit: Shutterstock

But what makes this story even more heartwarming is the winner's plan for his windfall. In a true show of friendship and generosity, he intends to share his good fortune. 'I've got a good mate that I'm going to help out. We've both been through some really tough times together,' he shared. The anticipation of telling his friend about the plans was almost as exciting as the win itself. 'I'll be seeing him later in the week, so I can't wait to tell him. Thank you so much. This is life-changing.'

Stories like this are a reminder of the unpredictability of life and the joy of unexpected blessings. It also brings to light the camaraderie and loyalty that exists among friends, with the winner's first thought being to help a mate in need.

Now, dear readers, while we can't all expect to win the lottery, this tale does make one ponder about the little moments in life that can turn out to be monumental. It's a reminder to check those old lottery tickets you might have lying around because you never know – your next trip to the loo could be just as lucrative!

We at the Seniors Discount Club love hearing about the good fortune of our fellow Aussies, especially when it's shared with loved ones. Have you or someone you know ever had a similar stroke of luck? Or perhaps you have a plan for what you'd do if you won the lottery? Share your thoughts and dreams with us in the comments below – we'd love to hear about what you'd do with a multi-million-dollar win!
Key Takeaways
  • A NSW man discovered he was a multi-millionaire after checking his lottery ticket while on the toilet.
  • He had missed several phone calls before realising he had won $4.6 million in the Powerball.
  • The Powerball winner plans to use some of the money to help a friend who has been through tough times with him.
  • The winning Powerball numbers were 12, 21, 6, 15, 9, 34, and 20, with the Powerball number being 15.

Sponsored