SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
If you could relive any moment in your life, which one would it be and why?

For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, I've been thinking... If you could relive any moment in your life, which one would it be and why?

compressed-pexels-rodolfo-clix-1596882.jpeg
Source: Pexels

For me (Sethia), it would definitely be the time I spent with my nan before she left for the US. Getting to see her every day, being able to run to her when I was scared, and going on spontaneous dates with her. You see, my nan is one of the most thoughtful and sweetest people in the world. A pretty big claim, I know, but hear me out. Back when I was immensely struggling with my time at university, I found myself in the emergency room from stress! I’m not exactly the type to tell others when I’m in a hard place, so when the university barred me from leaving the clinic without a relative, I explained to them that no one was going to come and get me. They looked at me, puzzled, before saying: ‘Your nan is here.’

I peeked outside the section I was in and saw my nan, teary-eyed and waving at me! I was hours away from home, and knowing my nan, she would’ve really struggled to find a way to commute to where I was as she had health issues herself at the time. I don’t know how she knew I was there, but my nan never failed me. She got me out of the hospital, bought me some ice cream, and reassured me that I was bound for greater things. Even though things were rocky for me at that moment, I’d love to be able to go back and show my nan how much that gesture meant to me! But right now, the best I can do is give her a call and send her virtual kisses.

Which memory of yours would YOU relive if you could? Let us know in the comments below! We're excited to hear from you ❤️

When I was 14 I said goodbye to my mum as she went to WA, with my abusive stepfather.. Little did I know, that was the last time I would see her alive.. she died within 2 years of leaving me with my married older sister…
Oh, this makes my heart ache :( I'm terribly sorry if this question brought up some bad memories for you. I wish I could give you a hug!

Reactions: Ricci
If you could relive any moment in your life, which one would it be and why?

For this week's get-to-know-each-other session, I've been thinking... If you could relive any moment in your life, which one would it be and why?

View attachment 17325
Source: Pexels

For me (Sethia), it would definitely be the time I spent with my nan before she left for the US. Getting to see her every day, being able to run to her when I was scared, and going on spontaneous dates with her. You see, my nan is one of the most thoughtful and sweetest people in the world. A pretty big claim, I know, but hear me out. Back when I was immensely struggling with my time at university, I found myself in the emergency room from stress! I’m not exactly the type to tell others when I’m in a hard place, so when the university barred me from leaving the clinic without a relative, I explained to them that no one was going to come and get me. They looked at me, puzzled, before saying: ‘Your nan is here.’

I peeked outside the section I was in and saw my nan, teary-eyed and waving at me! I was hours away from home, and knowing my nan, she would’ve really struggled to find a way to commute to where I was as she had health issues herself at the time. I don’t know how she knew I was there, but my nan never failed me. She got me out of the hospital, bought me some ice cream, and reassured me that I was bound for greater things. Even though things were rocky for me at that moment, I’d love to be able to go back and show my nan how much that gesture meant to me! But right now, the best I can do is give her a call and send her virtual kisses.

Which memory of yours would YOU relive if you could? Let us know in the comments below! We're excited to hear from you ❤️
1n July 1969 my wife and I split up leaving 3 kids, yeah I know, I am the worst "mongrel" for doing that, I wish I could re-live that moment and change things. my (ex) wife and 2 of the kids have since passed away. I have always been hard on myself for what happened

Last edited:
  • Sad
I remember when I first saw my wife to be when I was 17 at a dance in Ormond victoria 1967. She was standing with her back to me in a sparkly silver dress with long dark redish hair. I asked her for a dance and the rest is history. Our ages are only 3 weeks apart. I would like to relive those young years.

1987 my grandmother Nan Mary on my fathers side, was age 78. I sent her a return Qantas airline ticket from Manchester UK to Perth Western Australia for her to have a holiday with us. One of my aunties was with my grandmother when the courier turned up with the tickets. Babs rang me up on the land line back then and said "you have your grandmother in tears here!

Nan was able to get a 3 month visa to come to Perth. I picked her up at the airport and said "how long are you here for Nan?" Nan said "only a couple of weeks lad, I have to get back and sort the buggers out, back home!" I then said " I am not sending you a return ticket for only two weeks!" We ended up extending her visa for another 3 months and Nan Mary spent Christmas and New Year with us 1987-1988.

Nan was born in Liverpool England early 1900's and had a sheltered life raising 8 children. My then wife and I took her throughout the South West and to meet her distant cousin in Albany, that I had only met a few years before. We took Nan Mary up to Monkey Mia at Shark Bay to hand feed the dolphins, knee deep in the Indian Ocean, the first time she had ever waded in the sea anywhere.

When Nan Mary was returning to the UK I gave her a little photograph album of her trip to Western Australia. When back home in her little age pension apartment Nan would show everyone her trip photographs, especially hand feeding the dolphins. Nan's first floor apartment lounge room, had a huge window facing South over the estate road Tee Junction. The sun would stream in highlighting everything.

My cousins and their kids would buy Nan Mary glass crystal dolphins that were placed on the window sill. There were dolphin hanging plates, on the back wall of the lounge and a glass crystal dolphin mobile hanging in the window for all to see below. Nan Mary became known in the village of Euxton as the Dolphin Lady!

My Nan Mary passed away a few years ago, but is never forgotten! As her visit was one of the best things I have ever done, apart from marrying my ex in 1984.

God Bless you Nan Mary!
Amen!

Attachments

• Nan Mary and Dolphins 1987.jpg
    Nan Mary and Dolphins 1987.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
In 2007 my eldest daughter was being married at the Sunshine Coast in Qld.
We all flew up from Victoria and stayed in a multi-storey complex on the beach for the event.
Whilst I was so happy for her, I was also very sad her only brother couldn’t be there for her wedding (he was in Africa and had been away from home for seven years).
On the eve of the wedding, my other daughter arranged drinks in her unit, which was two levels up from ours.
I was very tired and I don’t drink and it was quite late, therefore I didn’t want to go, so she came down to get me.
With a T/Shirt and trackies reluctantly pulled on, I dragged myself up to her unit. When she opened the door, the room was full of family all staring at me - pretty odd I thought.
Then out from the kitchen stepped my son saying ‘It’s about time, I’ve been waiting in the kitchen for ages’.
Honestly, my heart jumped in my chest and I burst into tears. It was wonderful.
My elderly parents, my sister and my youngest daughter had organised the whole thing for my older girl, and me.
I had no idea and I was overjoyed with happiness.

Have had many memorable memories in my long life but one that has stayed with me for me many years when we had gone to Sydney to meet the boat bringing him home from World War Two. When he kissed me I told him his moustache prickled and I didn't like it. Very shortly after this I went past the bathroom and he was shaving it off. My Dad was back ! BIG hugs.

1987 my grandmother Nan Mary on my fathers side, was age 78. I sent her a return Qantas airline ticket from Manchester UK to Perth Western Australia for her to have a holiday with us. One of my aunties was with my grandmother when the courier turned up with the tickets. Babs rang me up on the land line back then and said "you have your grandmother in tears here!

Nan was able to get a 3 month visa to come to Perth. I picked her up at the airport and said "how long are you here for Nan?" Nan said "only a couple of weeks lad, I have to get back and sort the buggers out, back home!" I then said " I am not sending you a return ticket for only two weeks!" We ended up extending her visa for another 3 months and Nan Mary spent Christmas and New Year with us 1987-1988.

Nan was born in Liverpool England early 1900's and had a sheltered life raising 8 children. My then wife and I took her throughout the South West and to meet her distant cousin in Albany, that I had only met a few years before. We took Nan Mary up to Monkey Mia at Shark Bay to hand feed the dolphins, knee deep in the Indian Ocean, the first time she had ever waded in the sea anywhere.

When Nan Mary was returning to the UK I gave her a little photograph album of her trip to Western Australia. When back home in her little age pension apartment Nan would show everyone her trip photographs, especially hand feeding the dolphins. Nan's first floor apartment lounge room, had a huge window facing South over the estate road Tee Junction. The sun would stream in highlighting everything.

My cousins and their kids would buy Nan Mary glass crystal dolphins that were placed on the window sill. There were dolphin hanging plates, on the back wall of the lounge and a glass crystal dolphin mobile hanging in the window for all to see below. Nan Mary became known in the village of Euxton as the Dolphin Lady!

My Nan Mary passed away a few years ago, but is never forgotten! As her visit was one of the best things I have ever done, apart from marrying my ex in 1984.

God Bless you Nan Mary!
Amen!
That is a beautiful story and what a kind thing to have done for your Nan 👵

If I could relive a time in my life it would be in a place called Tattora, can’t remember how to spell it but it’s just past Sheperton Victoria - anyway Nab & Grandpa lived there, many many happy memories were spent there, I wish I could be transported back in time
💛🐸🍀🤗🫶🏼

If I could relive a time in my life it would be in a place called Tattora, can’t remember how to spell it but it’s just past Sheperton Victoria - anyway Nab & Grandpa lived there, many many happy memories were spent there, I wish I could be transported back in time
💛🐸🍀🤗🫶🏼
I think the place you remember is called Tatura. I wish you could go back in time as those long-ago memories are a great comfort and can often be the best.

I would like to be able to relive our wedding day as it passed in a bit of a blur, as I suppose they all do.
All wedding days do unfortunately. A lot of brides actually suffer depression afterwards all because of how much time and preparation went into their wedding only to see the day go by so quickly, then after the wedding it's a shock because it's all done.

I have two daughters marrying this year . I told them don't put in so much time and energy , it's all about the celebration of the big day.

Easy to spend a week with my grandparents who raised me as there own.

I took them for granted and should have told them more how much I loved them.
But I learnt from this as I make sure I tell those who are close to me how much they mean to me every day

Last edited:
All wedding days do unfortunately. A lot of brides actually suffer depression afterwards all because of how much time and preparation went into their wedding only to see the day go by so quickly, then after the wedding it's a shock because it's all done.

I have two daughters marrying this year . I told them don't put in so much time and energy , it's all about the celebration of the big day.
We married before the wedding industry became so big, so it wasn’t nearly as stressful as nowadays. People put so much time and effort into the one day, no wonder it’s so stressful.