SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jarred Santos

Jarred Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2022
If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Hello, everyone! It's the weekend once again, but a special one: Mother's Day! It's the time of the year when we can show our dear mums, wives, and friends some much-deserved love.

That leads us to our question: If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Maddie says for her mum, it would be 'generosity', which speaks volumes without saying much at all about the kind of woman she is.

compressed-photo-1504439158909-5a2f08876082.jpeg
Image Credit: Unsplash

Mine would be 'many', recognising that who I am now (for better or for worse) has been shaped in part by three wonderful women: my mum, my aunt, and my step-mum. They each raised me at certain points in my life, so as you can imagine, the word 'mum' for me evokes three faces instead of the usual one.

But enough about us. What about you, dearest members?

Last edited:
Loving. I can write a book about her love and kindness. Needless to say that each time I rang her, she would say "my day is made no matter what happens now that I hear your voice". She lived in the Netherlands so visiting her did not happen often. She passed away during Covid so I could not be there for that either.

• Sad
Reactions: Jarred Santos
My mum is "awesome" she is 95 years old and still lives independently at home in country Vic. Dad died 8 years ago. Mum is supported by my 2 sisters as I live in Melbourne. I miss seeing her but we talk on the phone every few weeks.

• Love
It instantly occurred that I would use the American spelling of MOM, flip it upside down, for my down-under perspective, to discover now, that this word is WOW!

It is the only word I could describe the enormity of what my mother DOT PINK (rip) meant to me. She was quite literally my world; I do miss her company dearly. My mother was where I born, it was her love care and companionship, her mentoring, that raised me.

I can still recall her face twenty years now since she left this place. WOW thank you MUM for everything and thankyou every one of you for what you do for us.

Just to say the word was to find love, hope, caring, food, life answers, entertainment, etc.

Mum Muuuum Muuum, was for me ... and will always remain the mantra, for billions.

• Wow
If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Hello, everyone! It's the weekend once again, but a special one: Mother's Day! It's the time of the year when we can show our dear mums, wives, and friends some much-deserved love.

That leads us to our question: If there were a word you would use to summarise your mum or ANY mum you know, what would it be and why?

Maddie says for her mum, it would be 'generosity', which speaks volumes without saying much at all about the kind of woman she is.

View attachment 19655

Mine would be 'many', recognising that who I am now (for better or for worse) has been shaped in part by three wonderful women: my mum, my aunt, and my step-mum. They each raised me at certain points in my life, so as you can imagine, the word 'mum' for me evokes three faces instead of the usual one.

View attachment 19655

Adfab

Missed. My mum died when I was 16, and I still miss her. Thankfully, I won the lottery in the mother-in-law stakes, and it’s always been important to me to be as good a mother-in-law as mine was. My darling daughter-in-law lost her mother suddenly six weeks ago, and my dear son-in-law lost his father three weeks ago, yet they both had the strength and love to help make my Mother’s Day special.

Devoted!
What can I say about my Mum on Mother’s Day?
My mum passed away last year two weeks after the Mother’s Day.
I miss her tremendously.
She is the rock for me and always will be.
She is strong,kind and selfless.
She brings me peace, joy and happiness that no one can give.