Iconic brands Four'n Twenty, Patties and Lean Cuisine are no longer 'Australian-owned', according to reports

The company behind one of Australia's most well-known pie brands (and a favourite lunch choice of tradies) has been acquired by a foreign investment firm, signalling potential significant changes for the Aussie staple in the near future.

Pacific Alliance Group (PAG), one of the largest private investment firms in Asia, has purchased both Patties Food (maker of Four'n Twenty, Patties, and Nanna's) and Vesco Foods (carrier of Lean Cuisine and On The Menu).

In a press release dated September 15, PAG revealed that it has entered into agreements to acquire both businesses, subject to receiving the necessary regulatory permits. While the terms of the purchase were not made public, the Australian Financial Review estimated the total to be $550 million.

In addition to PAG's previous purchases of Craveable Brands (the parent company of Red Rooster and Oporto) and The Cheesecake Shop, this one further solidifies the company's position as a dominant player in Australia's fast-growing food industry.

Aside from its main office in Hong Kong, reports have claimed that PAG also has locations in both Sydney and Melbourne.

tzj4K8hXALwnG_KzyU25qxuLih6OSMiy-dBK4fdq9RahmvRJfkIHArav6LZbWLWNM2u0M9iPoWO_E_1Cwoq7JCz3jPPK0HExmNMn9qX0sbJCgpmhs326KpufW8tSg9ogqYDDcLMM_DofeRGlAoRO-V0TE15-YK9i6oNbUn44YKC8ZQOSbGAneFbSuQ

Both Patties, which makes pies for Four'n Twenty, and Vesco, which owns Lean Cuisine, have been sold to a foreign investment firm. Credit: news.com.au.

In response to the recent announcement, Paul Hitchcock, Patties' Chief Executive Officer, said: 'PAG's acquisition of Patties Foods is a clear sign that it believes in our business, people and long-term growth strategy.'

'It is recognition of our reputation as a highly respected food manufacturer in Australia and New Zealand with a long list of loved food brands. The acquisition presents a significant opportunity for Patties Foods, unlocking further investment into market-leading innovation, well-known brands and manufacturing capabilities.’

Mr Hitchcock further mentioned that after the project is finished, they look forward to collaborating with the Vesco team to provide the finest service possible to their customers.

Pacific Equity Partners (PEP) acquired Patties Foods in 2016, and by the end of 2021, rumours began to circulate that the company was going to be sold.

The Chief Executive Officer of Vesco, Bernie Pummell, referred to it as an exciting step for the company. He stated that Vesco has already developed a successful foundation, and PAG is in an excellent position to support and build upon that progress.

What does this mean for our beloved Four'n Twenty pies?

Don't worry, folks; the transition won't cause your go-to frozen dinners, pies, and snacks to vanish from supermarket shelves and refrigerators.

Sid Khotkar, Managing Director of PAG Australia and New Zealand, has expressed confidence that the upcoming change will only serve to improve the already solid operations of the company in those two countries.

'We are excited about this unique opportunity to take some of Australia and New Zealand's best-loved brands to the next level,' Mr Khotkar said.

'Over the past few years, PAG has had the privilege of working with several leading Australian companies, and we are looking forward to putting that expertise to work in support of Patties and Vesco, and helping them provide the highest quality products to consumers across Australia, New Zealand and beyond.'

To sum up, members, it's safe to assume that no major changes will be made to the taste or availability of these products anytime soon. And who knows, we may even see an improvement in both quality and affordability!

So, what are your thoughts? Are you excited about this new development, or do you wish it could have stayed Australian-owned?? Tell us your thoughts below in the comments!

Sponsored
I did not know that China purchases four n twenty pies, Whoever controls the food in a country CONTROLS THE COUNTRY... China is working it's way to doing just that.
Personally, I gave up eating Four n Twenty pies about 15 yrs ago and NOW I only eat Beefy Pies. They are the best and most nourishing.
In approximately,1996, Choice or someone analysed the major pies being sold to the public and found that Black and Gold Pies were very nourishing and healthy for those that consumed them.
So I very rarely ate a Four n Twenty, only at Servos when travelling. IF China buys the NRL then we should buy all rights to Ping Pong and charge for the the rights to play that game.after we change the name to Fast Ball or Aussie Ball... hehehe ... According to Law, the beef or any Meat in the pies MUST be produced and processed IN AUSTRALIA. Best we get rid of Four n Twenty and buy Mrs. MacGregors Pies.
As for the TV Dinners, as we called them in the 70s and 80s I probably ate no more that about six ... it was easier and cheaper to buy Fish n Chips OR KFC ... and it tasted miles better.
China has NO Regulations or Health Inspectors producing food and some years ago I told an Indigenous Male that frozen Vegetables made in China were very unhealthy and the Workers were reported to urinate in the cooking pots... Well, It took no more that 3 weeks for the Black and Gold (China Made) to be taken from the shelves. One of the greatest insults for Indigenous people.
I don't care whether is it True or Not .. IT IS VERY POSSIBLE and that is enough for me.

Why stop there? I'm sure if we looked we could find some more of the family silver to sell off. When will the Government and regulatory bodies wake up and realise that Australia is slowly being sold. Soon nothing will be safe or owned by us. The Lucky country is sure living up to its name for foreign entities.:mad:

The company behind one of Australia's most well-known pie brands (and a favourite lunch choice of tradies) has been acquired by a foreign investment firm, signalling potential significant changes for the Aussie staple in the near future.

Pacific Alliance Group (PAG), one of the largest private investment firms in Asia, has purchased both Patties Food (maker of Four'n Twenty, Patties, and Nanna's) and Vesco Foods (carrier of Lean Cuisine and On The Menu).

In a press release dated September 15, PAG revealed that it has entered into agreements to acquire both businesses, subject to receiving the necessary regulatory permits. While the terms of the purchase were not made public, the Australian Financial Review estimated the total to be $550 million.

In addition to PAG's previous purchases of Craveable Brands (the parent company of Red Rooster and Oporto) and The Cheesecake Shop, this one further solidifies the company's position as a dominant player in Australia's fast-growing food industry.

Aside from its main office in Hong Kong, reports have claimed that PAG also has locations in both Sydney and Melbourne.

tzj4K8hXALwnG_KzyU25qxuLih6OSMiy-dBK4fdq9RahmvRJfkIHArav6LZbWLWNM2u0M9iPoWO_E_1Cwoq7JCz3jPPK0HExmNMn9qX0sbJCgpmhs326KpufW8tSg9ogqYDDcLMM_DofeRGlAoRO-V0TE15-YK9i6oNbUn44YKC8ZQOSbGAneFbSuQ

Both Patties, which makes pies for Four'n Twenty, and Vesco, which owns Lean Cuisine, have been sold to a foreign investment firm. Credit: news.com.au.

In response to the recent announcement, Paul Hitchcock, Patties' Chief Executive Officer, said: 'PAG's acquisition of Patties Foods is a clear sign that it believes in our business, people and long-term growth strategy.'

'It is recognition of our reputation as a highly respected food manufacturer in Australia and New Zealand with a long list of loved food brands. The acquisition presents a significant opportunity for Patties Foods, unlocking further investment into market-leading innovation, well-known brands and manufacturing capabilities.’

Mr Hitchcock further mentioned that after the project is finished, they look forward to collaborating with the Vesco team to provide the finest service possible to their customers.

Pacific Equity Partners (PEP) acquired Patties Foods in 2016, and by the end of 2021, rumours began to circulate that the company was going to be sold.

The Chief Executive Officer of Vesco, Bernie Pummell, referred to it as an exciting step for the company. He stated that Vesco has already developed a successful foundation, and PAG is in an excellent position to support and build upon that progress.

What does this mean for our beloved Four'n Twenty pies?

Don't worry, folks; the transition won't cause your go-to frozen dinners, pies, and snacks to vanish from supermarket shelves and refrigerators.

Sid Khotkar, Managing Director of PAG Australia and New Zealand, has expressed confidence that the upcoming change will only serve to improve the already solid operations of the company in those two countries.

'We are excited about this unique opportunity to take some of Australia and New Zealand's best-loved brands to the next level,' Mr Khotkar said.

'Over the past few years, PAG has had the privilege of working with several leading Australian companies, and we are looking forward to putting that expertise to work in support of Patties and Vesco, and helping them provide the highest quality products to consumers across Australia, New Zealand and beyond.'

To sum up, members, it's safe to assume that no major changes will be made to the taste or availability of these products anytime soon. And who knows, we may even see an improvement in both quality and affordability!

So, what are your thoughts? Are you excited about this new development, or do you wish it could have stayed Australian-owned?? Tell us your thoughts below in the comments!

With the increase in immigration announced is there any truth in the rumour such delicacies will now be found in the “ethnic” section of the supermarket?

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
People whinge about China buying everything. The Australian government isn't doing anything to stop the sale of all our stuff. I know if I was a struggling company and was offered a heap of money (don't care where from) I would sell. If we don't have laws in this country to stop the sale of our companies to overseas buyers. All I can ask is WHY? Our government should be getting our country to manufacture here and source everything from here. We will be a third world country very soon as you can see it happening before our eyes. All I can say is I am glad I am at the pointy end of life and not just starting my life

People whinge about China buying everything. The Australian government isn't doing anything to stop the sale of all our stuff. I know if I was a struggling company and was offered a heap of money (don't care where from) I would sell. If we don't have laws in this country to stop the sale of our companies to overseas buyers. All I can ask is WHY? Our government should be getting our country to manufacture here and source everything from here. We will be a third world country very soon as you can see it happening before our eyes. All I can say is I am glad I am at the pointy end of life and not just starting my life
"We will be a third world country very soon as you can see it happening before our eyes. All I can say is I am glad I am at the pointy end of life and not just starting my life"

These are my thoughts exactly Being Born 1943 has been the greatest time for Australians. The MOST Active and advanced inventions in the history of the world. Grandma's comment (RIP) the best invention was the washing machine, My Dad's BSA motorbikes for mustering our Sheep and Cattle, My Own comment on this line is Auto-Mobility (Family Cars, Electric Trains, and now Toyots's Hydrogen car, which hopefully be the greatest of them all and transform all internal combustion engines to Hydrogen.
My kid's comments ... "We just take all that for granted"
Well, if they don't protect it all they won't have it for long.
AS FOR THE GOVERNMENT ... WHY COMPLAIN... WE VOTED THEM IN ALSO WE BRED THE LITTLE RUBBISH AND WE DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB OF IT..(In most cases)

I only read the article yesterday on how a Chinese company purchased Four n Twenty pies I thought what next ! Are they going to try and buy the footy codes NRL and AFL as well .
It could get tricky when PAG changes the Serving Suggestions on the 4&20s package to include "Deep Fry from frozen for 20 minutes or until it becomes a disgusting sticky mess"... Serve with Light Soy Sauce.

No great loss, really. 4&20 pies have been going downhill for years, and the regular Patties Pies are nothing short of disgusting. It seems that PAG are deliberately buying up the sketchy brands; maybe they want to assist in China's population-reduction program?

Reactions: Ricci
Is China taking over Australia by Stealth??
The answer is YES and with the governments blessing..... UN has degreed Australia will manufacture nothing, grow nothing and import everything..... Well manufacturing is gone due largely to help from the unions. Farmers are starved of water and the Green brigade has banned clearing of land and is resuming massive tracks of farmland for carbon sinks. Our Utilities are all foreign owned and controlled, everything is being sold to foreign companies. Electricity blackouts are looming and the people keep electing governments who have sworn allegiance to WEF, UN, Fabian Society in fact just about everybody on the planet except Australia and the Australians.

The answer is simple The gubbament takes it's orders from the UN and the WEF...... You know, you will make nothing, you will grow nothing, you will import everything, remember the catch cry "You will own nothing and you will be happy"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Rochelle and Ricci
The answer is YES and with the governments blessing..... UN has degreed Australia will manufacture nothing, grow nothing and import everything..... Well manufacturing is gone due largely to help from the unions. Farmers are starved of water and the Green brigade has banned clearing of land and is resuming massive tracks of farmland for carbon sinks. Our Utilities are all foreign owned and controlled, everything is being sold to foreign companies. Electricity blackouts are looming and the people keep electing governments who have sworn allegiance to WEF, UN, Fabian Society in fact just about everybody on the planet except Australia and the Australians.
You are hitting the nail on the head perfectly.
Looking Back... The head of the Union becomes Prime Minister, who is also a professed Fabian. That was Bob Hawke ..Whether he changed any by the time he was elected out I don't know for certain.
The first person to start selling of Australian land was Joe Bjelke-peterson in Yeppon he sold land to Japan for the purpose of a GREAT resort ,,,NOTHING was done to build this so-called great resort.and the land is still owned by Japanese... Yeppon claims to have the hightest Tides in Queensland and are able to produce Hydro-Electricity from it. Nothing done with that assest either.
Contrary to our constitution banning Lawyers and Solicitor from being Politician, John Howard was elected to being a Prime Minister....Oh! they all have their so-correct explainations for what they do . Vote for who you like..They all convert to lying and abuse of the status once we elect them.
Despite the fact that Arthur Caldwell and Bob Menzies introduce a retirement tax, the latter of the politicians fed that massize collection into their own retirement funding and the everyday pensions got NONE of it...... now they have to sell more to get more for themselves.. Corruption running rife.

"We will be a third world country very soon as you can see it happening before our eyes. All I can say is I am glad I am at the pointy end of life and not just starting my life"

These are my thoughts exactly Being Born 1943 has been the greatest time for Australians. The MOST Active and advanced inventions in the history of the world. Grandma's comment (RIP) the best invention was the washing machine, My Dad's BSA motorbikes for mustering our Sheep and Cattle, My Own comment on this line is Auto-Mobility (Family Cars, Electric Trains, and now Toyots's Hydrogen car, which hopefully be the greatest of them all and transform all internal combustion engines to Hydrogen.
My kid's comments ... "We just take all that for granted"
Well, if they don't protect it all they won't have it for long.
AS FOR THE GOVERNMENT ... WHY COMPLAIN... WE VOTED THEM IN ALSO WE BRED THE LITTLE RUBBISH AND WE DID NOT DO A GOOD JOB OF IT..(In most cases)
Don't blame me for voting this Govt. in. Didn't vote for a major party.

Highly processed foods are of no interest to health conscious folks. Given up something you don’t eat isn’t hard.