Skipton

Feb 2, 2022
''I Might''!

During the wedding rehearsal, the groom approached the priest with an unusual offer.
“Look, I’ll give you $100 if you’ll change the wedding vows.
When you get to the part where I’m to promise to ‘love, honor, and obey’
and ‘forsaking all others, be faithful to her forever,’ I’d appreciate it if you’d just leave that part out.
"He slipped the priest the cash and walked away.
The wedding day arrived. When it came time for the groom’s vows,
the priest looked the young man in the eye and said,” Will you promise to prostrate yourself before her,
obey her every command and wish, serve her breakfast in bed every morning of your life
and swear eternally before God and your lovely wife that you will
not ever even look at another woman, as long as you both shall live? "
The groom gulped and looked around and then said in a tiny voice,
“I do. "After the ceremony, the groom pulled the priest aside and hissed,
“I thought we had a deal. "The priest slipped the $100 back into the man’s hand and whispered,
“The bride’s father made me a much better offer.”

''I Might''!

During the wedding rehearsal, the groom approached the priest with an unusual offer.
“Look, I’ll give you $100 if you’ll change the wedding vows.
When you get to the part where I’m to promise to ‘love, honor, and obey’

and ‘forsaking all others, be faithful to her forever,’ I’d appreciate it if you’d just leave that part out.
"He slipped the priest the cash and walked away.
The wedding day arrived. When it came time for the groom’s vows,
the priest looked the young man in the eye and said,” Will you promise to prostrate yourself before her,

obey her every command and wish, serve her breakfast in bed every morning of your life
and swear eternally before God and your lovely wife that you will
not ever even look at another woman, as long as you both shall live? "
The groom gulped and looked around and then said in a tiny voice,

“I do. "After the ceremony, the groom pulled the priest aside and hissed,
“I thought we had a deal. "The priest slipped the $100 back into the man’s hand and whispered,
“The bride’s father made me a much better offer.”
That sounds like the sort of thing my dad would have thought of. His wedding speech when I got married he told my Husband that according to the vows we made he could have 4 better, 4 worse !!