SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Hunter Valley Bus Tragedy

This is shocking and very sad news this morning of a terrible bus accident.

A bus that was taking guests after a wedding to their accommodation overturned.

I was only there last weekend for my daughter's wedding and I have to say when we went looking for a supermarket at 10pm heading to Cessnock. We were at this exact spot, and the roads were very very dark, very very foggy.

I pray for those involve to be given strength both mentally and physically during this time 🙏

FyXwXVXacAAtzsr.jpg

Note from Editor:
According to ABC, At least ten people have been confirmed dead and 25 injured after a bus travelling to Singleton flipped on a roundabout as it was entering the Hunter Expressway in Greta, reportedly carrying wedding-goers from a nearby venue.

Acting Assistant Commissioner Tracy Chapman says the death toll could still increase as there are fears that more bodies may be trapped under the wreckage.

The passengers were members of the Singleton Roosters Australian Rules football club, attending the wedding of club members Mitchell Gaffney and Maddy Edsell.

At the time of the single-vehicle crash, it's reported that heavy fog was blanketing the region. The driver of the bus has since been arrested.

This is the seventh worst bus crash in the history of Australia.

Our thoughts remain with the affected families and friends, as well as members of the community who are suffering this tremendous loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was only there last weekend for my daughter's wedding and I have to say when we went looking for a supermarket at 10pm heading to Cessnock. We were at this exact spot, and the roads were very very dark, very very foggy.

I pray for those involve to be given strength both mentally and physically during this time 🙏

View attachment 22048

Note from Editor:
According to ABC, At least ten people have been confirmed dead and 25 injured after a bus travelling to Singleton flipped on a roundabout as it was entering the Hunter Expressway in Greta, reportedly carrying wedding-goers from a nearby venue.

Acting Assistant Commissioner Tracy Chapman says the death toll could still increase as there are fears that more bodies may be trapped under the wreckage.

The passengers were members of the Singleton Roosters Australian Rules football club, attending the wedding of club members Mitchell Gaffney and Maddy Edsell.

At the time of the single-vehicle crash, it's reported that heavy fog was blanketing the region. The driver of the bus has since been arrested.

Our thoughts remain with the affected families and friends, as well as members of the community who are suffering this tremendous loss.

View attachment 22048

Note from Editor:

I might now live in WA, but know many in Singleton since I still have relatives there. We feel for all affected by this tragedy, as well as the first responders plus all who helped.

Reactions: Suzanne rose

View attachment 22048

Note from Editor:

Why was driver arrested?

View attachment 22048

Note from Editor:

Why was driver arrested?

This is terrible news , going to a wedding and afterwords many family members/friends have lost their lives due to a horrible bus crash .

It's absolutely heartbreaking. I read the the bus driver has been denied bail, and will face court tomorrow.

Dreadful tragedy but, given the extent of deaths and injuries, I wonder at the only mention of seatbelts is the fact the bus had them.

View attachment 22048

Note from Editor:

My heart aches for the family and friends of those who have passed and the others of course. Sending healing thoughts and energy.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Absolutely heart breaking news. We have been watching the updates very closely this morning and it's just sickening. Apparently a lot of the passengers were very scared and told the driver to take it easy. Awful, awful story. So heart broken for the bride and groom and everyone involved. ❤️

Reactions: Penny4 and Megter70