SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
How was your week?

Hey there, members! It’s the end of another week, and I hope this finds you in good health and even better mood. As we cruise into the weekend, I’d love to hear about the little victories you had this week, the tiny joys, or perhaps even the big wins you're celebrating! Here at the SDC, we believe in cheering for every success, no matter the size. 🤗

Comment them below!

compressed-photo-1484712401471-05c7215830eb.jpeg

Hi team. I have been reading this page for years. In regard to stories of events this week I have one. Tomorrow evening is the opening of the musical Boy From Oz at The National Theatre in St Kilda and I have the distinct pleasure of playing the role of Marion Woolnough, the mother of the iconic Aussie performer, Peter Allen. I did do the tour with Hugh Jackman's Boy From Oz but this is really a wonderful character to play and a great opportunity to do it. Attached is some further information about the musical and the cast. I hope this link works. orhttps://www.facebook.com/theatricalinc/posts/pfbid0228FmwSyovPdMGksRJKywVAjaWKz5q6jnWjLbyES7Z4wqPWK5cAg5RpfGp78DLiHel. Or some further information on this one. https://theatreheritage.org.au/on-stage-magazine/profiles/item/1029-maureen-andrew-living-for-art

Reactions: Gus
Well, I have finally completed my Masters (of Disability and Inclusion) after 12 years at Deakin University...I have an acquired brain injury so it has been a struggle at times but in the end, I felt a relief...

I don't know if this is of much interest, but l completed a couple of personal projects at the Men's Shed. I had a set of old pram wheels and some fence palings so made myself a trolley to cart things around the garden.Also a pedestal for my son in laws garden ornament. My view is why buy something when you can make it yourself. Plus it's a hobby of mine.

I enjoy singing with local group as a member of the national Sing Australia with local weekly meetings to practice and learn for events where we can entertain, generally at nursing homes and the like.