How is John Farnham now? Here's the latest update on his health!

A little over a year ago, John Farnham, singer and Australia’s King of Pop, received distressing news when he was diagnosed with throat cancer.

The world was worried by the news and everyone banded together to send their thoughts and prayers to one of the nation’s biggest and most beloved stars. But today, the Farnham family is delighted to deliver some good news on the singer’s health––John Farnham is now cancer-free!

The 74-year-old celebrated one year since his 12-hour surgery–to remove a tumour from his mouth and reconstruct his jaw–by delivering a statement filled with gratitude.

'I’m home now, and I’m a very grateful and happy man,' John said.

'I’m sitting here in my living room lapping up the attention from my beautiful wife, Jill, my boys, Rob and James and mini schnauzer Edmund. Today is a special day!'

John marked the occasion by having pizza and said: 'I can’t wait to see what might be next on the menu. Bring on 2024.'

photo (7).jpg
72-year-old John Farnham is celebrating the first anniversary of his major surgery for cancer. Image source: Facebook/John Farnham.

The star and his family extended their gratitude for the generous amount of messages and well-wishes they have received over the past year.

Robert, John Farnham’s son, recently spoke about his dad’s condition and said: 'He’s doing fantastic! Just the other day he was, you know, walking around with his cane and did a little bit of a dance, which was pretty fabulous.'

'He’s walking with his dog a lot–so he’s really, really happy.'

Robert went on to say that the music icon is doing so well that he's singing and tap dancing at home again.

'He’s doing really good, he’s super positive,' Robert said.

'Like we’ve said before, cancer is a terrible, terrible thing. And it’s his time to walk that road, but he’s cancer free,' he added.

'He sings at home again, the whole thing.'

Users on social media are also pleased with the latest news on John’s health.

‘Awesome news! Enjoy life and your pizza!,’ one user said.

While another shared: ‘That is great news, John! Hope your journey continues to go well. Stay safe, Australia loves you!’

Key Takeaways

• John Farnham has expressed his gratitude to everyone after being cleared of cancer.
  • Last year, the 74-year-old icon underwent a 12-hour surgery to remove a tumour from his mouth and reconstruct his jaw.
  • Farnham's son, Robert, has confirmed that his dad is now 'cancer-free' and has resumed singing and tap dancing at home and walking his dogs.
  • The Farnham family expressed their appreciation for the generous amount of messages and well-wishes received over the past year.
Are you a fan of John Farnham? Let us know your favourite songs in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I have been a huge fan of John since his Sadie days as Johnny. So glad to hear he is cancer free. He is such a down to earth, humble man, and as he said, the journey he was on is one that is shared by so many people.

John/Johnny Farnham has been one of my adored singers since Sadie. I have most of his albums - some on vinyl, some on CD. It is very hard to choose just one of his songs to be my favourite but “You’re The Voice” is up there. I also have the CD of “The Main Event”, a concert performed by John, Anthony Warlow and Olivia Newton John. I still love listening to that CD. Sadly, each of those three have fought their battle with cancer and I’m overjoyed to hear that John is now cancer free.
I have had three battles with cancer myself but am lucky enough to be able to say that I am also now cancer free. I lost both of my parents to that horrendous disease, along with many friends and relatives.
Sending my very best wishes to John and his family……one of Australia’s greatest!

I too am a hugh fan.I have seen him many times over the years.So glad to hear you are doing so well Johnny.😁

Reactions: Marj53
A little over a year ago, John Farnham, singer and Australia’s King of Pop, received distressing news when he was diagnosed with throat cancer.

The world was worried by the news and everyone banded together to send their thoughts and prayers to one of the nation’s biggest and most beloved stars. But today, the Farnham family is delighted to deliver some good news on the singer’s health––John Farnham is now cancer-free!

The 74-year-old celebrated one year since his 12-hour surgery–to remove a tumour from his mouth and reconstruct his jaw–by delivering a statement filled with gratitude.

'I’m sitting here in my living room lapping up the attention from my beautiful wife, Jill, my boys, Rob and James and mini schnauzer Edmund. Today is a special day!'

John marked the occasion by having pizza and said: 'I can’t wait to see what might be next on the menu. Bring on 2024.'

View attachment 28123
72-year-old John Farnham is celebrating the first anniversary of his major surgery for cancer. Image source: Facebook/John Farnham.

The star and his family extended their gratitude for the generous amount of messages and well-wishes they have received over the past year.

Robert, John Farnham’s son, recently spoke about his dad’s condition and said: 'He’s doing fantastic! Just the other day he was, you know, walking around with his cane and did a little bit of a dance, which was pretty fabulous.'

Robert went on to say that the music icon is doing so well that he's singing and tap dancing at home again.

'Like we’ve said before, cancer is a terrible, terrible thing. And it’s his time to walk that road, but he’s cancer free,' he added.

While another shared: ‘That is great news, John! Hope your journey continues to go well. Stay safe, Australia loves you!’

Key Takeaways

• John Farnham has expressed his gratitude to everyone after being cleared of cancer.
  • Last year, the 74-year-old icon underwent a 12-hour surgery to remove a tumour from his mouth and reconstruct his jaw.
  • Farnham's son, Robert, has confirmed that his dad is now 'cancer-free' and has resumed singing and tap dancing at home and walking his dogs.
  • The Farnham family expressed their appreciation for the generous amount of messages and well-wishes received over the past year.
Are you a fan of John Farnham? Let us know your favourite songs in the comments below!
That's awesome news! So happy for John and his family. Chose favourite songs you say?? ALL OF THEM!! He's an Australian Icon of the highest form and such a wonderful human being with a positive and respectful attitude.

Reactions: Ricki

View attachment 28123

Key Takeaways

I'm a huge fan since Mum bought me the single "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" back in 1970. I love all his songs. He's an amazing Australian singer.

We heard this on the news today.
When we hear news like tis, hubby and I always grasp whatever hope we can as my John is going through cancer treatment, 2nd time around now.
It's always good news that some can overcome this horrible, relentless sickness. It's awful. As most people know, the cure is worse than the illness, however we will persevere.

Now John Farnham really has to retire. No more farewell tours or albums. Put up the feet and say hello to every new day with peace and serenity.

Reactions: Sylvsptr

View attachment 28123

Key Takeaways

"A Touch of Paradise" went down really well with the Seymour team at the Cook Island Golden Oldies Netball.