SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
How do you stay active?

Hello there, my friends! How has your week been treating you so far? I don't know about you, but I've been struggling a bit with motivating myself to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise. Sometimes, it's so tempting to just stay cuddled up inside all day with a hot cuppa and let the hours slip away watching the telly or reading a good book.

But you know, I always feel so refreshed and energised after I finally go out for even a short walk around the neighbourhood. There's something about breathing in that fresh air and feeling the sun on your face that just lifts the spirits, isn't there?

I'd love to hear if any of you have been making more of an effort to keep active lately, even in small ways? Or if you've found any fun new hobbies or activities to keep your body and mind engaged at home?

As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and what's been happening in your lives recently. Sharing is caring, as they say, and we're all in this together!

1715819514019.png
Image source: Unsplash

Because of my health issues I am a bit restricted, have found a hobby and it's unusual for me , have taken to growing orchids , reviving orchids from my wife's work have spent hours studying the books have had some good results but you must wait to see if they flower Will post photos in the coming months. 😊

As I suffer from arthritis and have 2 knee, 2 hip and 3 shoulder replacements and just recently underwent spinal surgey I find walking and exercise very difficult so i take myself off to a pool 4 mornings a week and exercise for around 90 minutes each time. I find this helps me with staying fit and hopefully keeping the weight down as well. It is also a good social outlet and I have formed a group with others that exercise as well on some of the days I'm there and we meet once a month for morning T and have a tattslotto syndicate going, I think the social side of things is very important for those with limited mobility and other health issues.

90th birthday coming up so am trying to walk a bit more . Still gardening . Do a set of exercises before I get up each morning trying to keep mobile as I love fishing .

Reactions: Littleboy8
With a history of skin cancer, partly due to my very fair skin, I don't get outside whenever the UV level is high.

However I am very active around the house, averaging around 8-9kms per day.

I have also been careful about how much I have been eating.

So I have lost around 8.5kg in the last 2 months.

I take my dog for a walk in the mornings if it is not raining. She loves to go out but being almost 15 years old I don't want to overexercise her and wear her out (or me) so we don't go too far but it is enough for both of us to get some decent exercise. In the afternoon it is the ball in the backyard for a while (if not raining), she has a cheap $4 ball which she pushes all around the backyard and I kick it for her and she has so much fun on it, more exercise for her and me, every bit helps. She stares at me when she wants something and I can usually work out what is it. She is Jack Russell x Fox Terrier and does not look her age (or act it) - people think she's still a pup!

I take my dog for a walk in the mornings if it is not raining. She loves to go out but being almost 15 years old I don't want to overexercise her and wear her out (or me) so we don't go too far but it is enough for both of us to get some decent exercise. In the afternoon it is the ball in the backyard for a while (if not raining), she has a cheap $4 ball which she pushes all around the backyard and I kick it for her and she has so much fun on it, more exercise for her and me, every bit helps. She stares at me when she wants something and I can usually work out what is it. She is Jack Russell x Fox Terrier and does not look her age (or act it) - people think she's still a pup!
Great cross we had the same called him Buzz the name says it all we lost him to old age 16years young