Household Items to Remove Lint When You Don’t Have a Lint Roller

Nothing ruins an outfit faster than having a bunch of lint all over it.

These little bits of fabric fibre can make your sweater or coats look dirty and dusty, even though they just recently went through the washer. And since they are usually grey in colour, they are highly visible on any light or dark-coloured outfit. There is just no escaping!

Thankfully, we can always count on our trusty lint rollers to save the day and restore our clothes back to perfection, but it never hurts to have other ideas in our back pockets whenever we need a quick fix or don’t have a roller handy.

ramR2e5ZxmaSl4mbtxqCFESBpeogY4i3tto4Y3DLhf41y5q5aCRl1MMiR2mXnEIFYyvIn2dP0_sFZ8NVRKp2PeIqOigmHVInu5sdRbrSmPuiQVw2ml23Sj00z-D4jeyiq6ce5tmC

The lint in your clothes also damages the dryer and washing machine if not taken out properly. Credit: Getty Images.
Dryer Sheets

One of our go-to’s when it comes to lint removal is our dryer sheets. Even when they are used outside of the dryer, they retain their antistatic laundry properties. Meaning, they can still remove lint from your clothes!

Simply rub the surface of your outfit with a single dryer sheet and watch as all that fuzz and fabric debris cling to the strip.

Hairdryer

Or you can also pair a damp dryer sheet with cool air from your hairdryer to make the lint-removal process more effective.

Sticky Tape

This one’s not only effective in removing lint, but also in removing hair and fur as well. Perfect for pet owners!

Using the sticky side of the tape, dab the area on your clothes where you want to get rid of the mess. Now you have a lint-free (or fur-free) outfit in no time!

Anti-Static Spray

While anti-static sprays are commonly used to eliminate static electricity and prevent our garments from sticking to our bodies, these sprays can also keep lint from sticking onto your garments.

Scouring Pad

You might not expect it, but aside from cleaning your pots and pans, the scratchy green side of a scouring pad can also remove fuzz and lint on your clothes.

To use, simply dampen the pad with water to soften it and then scrub on your clothes to take off any clinging fabric debris.

Sweater Stones

Believe it or not, that sweater stone (also called fuzz bricks or pumice stones) in your bathroom can do a whole lot more than just smooth your skin.

Next time you’re faced with a pilling sweater and in need of a quick solution, try rubbing your clothes with a pumice stone to remove any pesky fuzz.

When it comes to our clothes and laundry, lint is not our only enemy. For more solutions to common laundry problems – such as static cling, colour bleeding, smelly washing machines, and dryers that don't dry – check out this video below!

Credit: Clean My Space.

Sponsored
My Mum used to call bits of cotton or fluff on our clothes as "white ladies".
I never asked her why this title or where it came from!
A trick I use is to dampen my hand with water and smooth it across the area which requires de-linting.

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
I still have my original K-Tel Brush-O-Matic from the 1970s. Still works brilliantly and much better than the modern versions!

Reactions: Ricci