Honey garlic glazed carrots yum

Glazed Roasted Carrots

This easy honey garlic butter roasted carrots recipe is a winning combination of flavors. Tenderly roasted carrots are beautifully glazed with a blend of garlic, butter, and sweet honey, creating a side dish that’s simply irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a fancy gathering or in need of a quick weeknight side dish, these carrots are a perfect choice.

Cooked to a delicious and tender bite, these carrots make an excellent side dish and take only 10 minutes to prep! The oven-roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the carrots and turns the sauce into a tasty glaze. Not into honey and glazes? No problem, you can also try my Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots!

Why You’ll Love This Carrots Recipe

• Tasty
: With just a couple of tablespoons of honey, these carrots receive a delightful glaze that’s hard to resist.

• Kid Friendly: Additional items like garlic, butter, and honey help break the crunchy orange veggie out of its role as a vessel for Ranch Dip, which is the only role carrots play when in the hands of my kids.

• Nutritious: Carrots are a great source of essential vitamins, particularly vitamin A.

• Quick to Prepare: You can even save time by leaving the peel on the carrots if you prefer. And you can also prep them ahead.

• Easy on the Wallet: Among the most economical produce, carrots are a budget-friendly option.

How To Make Roasted Carrots

Ingredients

• Carrots:
Cut the carrots diagonally into about 2 to 3-inch pieces.

• Butter: Butter adds richness to the sauce, creating a smooth and velvety texture that coats the carrots and enhances their natural flavor.

• Garlic: Garlic infuses the butter sauce with a robust flavor, adding a savory kick that perfectly complements the sweetness of the carrots.

• Honey: The honey gives the carrots a boost in flavor, adding a touch of sweetness and a slightly sticky glaze.

• Salt & Pepper

• Chopped fresh parsley
, for garnish

Directions

• Prep the Carrots
: Cut the carrots into uniform pieces.

• Prepare the Sauce: Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and stir in honey.

• Coat and Roast: Toss the carrots with the prepared sauce, season to taste, and bake in a 425°F oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until tender.

• Garnish and Serve: Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a beautiful presentation.

Recipe Tips & Variations

• Make-Ahead Magic
: If you’re looking to save some time, cook the carrots a day in advance. They’re super simple to reheat and serve when you’re ready to eat.

• Reheating Done Right: I recommend reheating the carrots on the stove for the best results. Just toss them in a pan with a dab of butter and warm them over medium-low heat until they’re heated through and starting to brown.

• Storing Leftovers: Let the cooked carrots cool down, then place them in an airtight container, seal with a lid, and keep them refrigerated for up to 2 days.

• Baby Carrots: You can definitely go ahead and use baby carrots for this recipe. Just follow the same steps, but be sure to check on them a bit earlier. You might need to tweak the cooking time a little, so keep an eye on them.

• Different Sweeteners: Instead of honey, you could use maple syrup or brown sugar for a slightly different twist on sweetness.

• Add Spices: Experiment with adding spices like cumin, cinnamon, or chili flakes to bring a new depth of flavor. A pinch of smoked paprika can add a smoky taste.

• Include Other Veggies: Try roasting the carrots with other root vegetables like parsnips, turnips, or sweet potatoes. They’ll all absorb the delicious garlic butter glaze.

• Use Different Herbs: Fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or dill can be added to the glaze for a more herbal flavor.

INGREDIENTS

• ▢2 pounds carrots, diagonally cut into about 2 to 3-inch pieces

• ▢5 tablespoons butter

• ▢4 cloves garlic, minced

• ▢2 tablespoons honey

• ▢¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste

• ▢¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

• ▢chopped fresh parsley for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven to 425˚F.

• Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

• Cut up the carrots and set aside.

• Melt butter over medium-heat in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in the garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic.

• Remove from heat and stir in the honey; stir until thoroughly combined.

• Toss the carrots with the prepared sauce either in the skillet, or pour the sauce over the carrots in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.

• Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet. Arrange in one layer and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the carrots are browned and tender.

• Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate.

• Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.

• Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.

NOTES

• Size Matters
: Cut the carrots into uniform sizes so they cook evenly. If they're different sizes, some may be overcooked while others are still crunchy.

• Baby Carrots: You can use baby carrots, but check on them a bit earlier when roasting. You might need to tweak the cooking time a little.

• Garlic Watch: Be careful when cooking the garlic in butter, as it can burn quickly. Keep the heat medium to low and stir frequently to prevent burning.

• Fresh Herbs: Consider garnishing with fresh parsley or thyme for a pop of color and additional flavor.

• Adjust Sweetness: Feel free to adjust the honey to your taste. If you prefer a less sweet glaze, use a little less honey.

• Pair with Proteins: These roasted carrots go wonderfully with various main dishes such as roasted chicken, grilled steak, or baked fish.

• Balsamic Glaze: Add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the glaze for a richer and tangier flavor.

• Make Ahead: Cook the carrots a day in advance and reheat them on the stove before you are ready to serve them. Just toss them in a pan with a dab of butter and warm them over medium-low heat until they're heated through, and start to brownScreenshot_20230823_092050_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored
I do a version of this, in individual ramekin, cos my husband loves cooked carrots and I don’t. I just slice the carrots and put a large dob of butter on the top and a few shirts of honey, then put the lid on and put in oven with other veg.

Reactions: Babybird
Glazed Roasted Carrots

This easy honey garlic butter roasted carrots recipe is a winning combination of flavors. Tenderly roasted carrots are beautifully glazed with a blend of garlic, butter, and sweet honey, creating a side dish that’s simply irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a fancy gathering or in need of a quick weeknight side dish, these carrots are a perfect choice.

Cooked to a delicious and tender bite, these carrots make an excellent side dish and take only 10 minutes to prep! The oven-roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the carrots and turns the sauce into a tasty glaze. Not into honey and glazes? No problem, you can also try my Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots!

Why You’ll Love This Carrots Recipe

• Tasty
: With just a couple of tablespoons of honey, these carrots receive a delightful glaze that’s hard to resist.

• Kid Friendly: Additional items like garlic, butter, and honey help break the crunchy orange veggie out of its role as a vessel for Ranch Dip, which is the only role carrots play when in the hands of my kids.

• Nutritious: Carrots are a great source of essential vitamins, particularly vitamin A.

• Quick to Prepare: You can even save time by leaving the peel on the carrots if you prefer. And you can also prep them ahead.

• Easy on the Wallet: Among the most economical produce, carrots are a budget-friendly option.

How To Make Roasted Carrots

Ingredients

• Carrots:
Cut the carrots diagonally into about 2 to 3-inch pieces.

• Butter: Butter adds richness to the sauce, creating a smooth and velvety texture that coats the carrots and enhances their natural flavor.

• Garlic: Garlic infuses the butter sauce with a robust flavor, adding a savory kick that perfectly complements the sweetness of the carrots.

• Honey: The honey gives the carrots a boost in flavor, adding a touch of sweetness and a slightly sticky glaze.

• Salt & Pepper

• Chopped fresh parsley
, for garnish

Directions

• Prep the Carrots
: Cut the carrots into uniform pieces.

• Prepare the Sauce: Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and stir in honey.

• Coat and Roast: Toss the carrots with the prepared sauce, season to taste, and bake in a 425°F oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until tender.

• Garnish and Serve: Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a beautiful presentation.

Recipe Tips & Variations

• Make-Ahead Magic
: If you’re looking to save some time, cook the carrots a day in advance. They’re super simple to reheat and serve when you’re ready to eat.

• Reheating Done Right: I recommend reheating the carrots on the stove for the best results. Just toss them in a pan with a dab of butter and warm them over medium-low heat until they’re heated through and starting to brown.

• Storing Leftovers: Let the cooked carrots cool down, then place them in an airtight container, seal with a lid, and keep them refrigerated for up to 2 days.

• Baby Carrots: You can definitely go ahead and use baby carrots for this recipe. Just follow the same steps, but be sure to check on them a bit earlier. You might need to tweak the cooking time a little, so keep an eye on them.

• Different Sweeteners: Instead of honey, you could use maple syrup or brown sugar for a slightly different twist on sweetness.

• Add Spices: Experiment with adding spices like cumin, cinnamon, or chili flakes to bring a new depth of flavor. A pinch of smoked paprika can add a smoky taste.

• Include Other Veggies: Try roasting the carrots with other root vegetables like parsnips, turnips, or sweet potatoes. They’ll all absorb the delicious garlic butter glaze.

• Use Different Herbs: Fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or dill can be added to the glaze for a more herbal flavor.

INGREDIENTS

• ▢2 pounds carrots, diagonally cut into about 2 to 3-inch pieces

• ▢5 tablespoons butter

• ▢4 cloves garlic, minced

• ▢2 tablespoons honey

• ▢¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste

• ▢¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

• ▢chopped fresh parsley for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven to 425˚F.

• Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

• Cut up the carrots and set aside.

• Melt butter over medium-heat in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in the garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic.

• Remove from heat and stir in the honey; stir until thoroughly combined.

• Toss the carrots with the prepared sauce either in the skillet, or pour the sauce over the carrots in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.

• Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet. Arrange in one layer and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the carrots are browned and tender.

• Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate.

• Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.

• Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.

NOTES

• Size Matters
: Cut the carrots into uniform sizes so they cook evenly. If they're different sizes, some may be overcooked while others are still crunchy.

• Baby Carrots: You can use baby carrots, but check on them a bit earlier when roasting. You might need to tweak the cooking time a little.

• Garlic Watch: Be careful when cooking the garlic in butter, as it can burn quickly. Keep the heat medium to low and stir frequently to prevent burning.

• Fresh Herbs: Consider garnishing with fresh parsley or thyme for a pop of color and additional flavor.

• Adjust Sweetness: Feel free to adjust the honey to your taste. If you prefer a less sweet glaze, use a little less honey.

• Pair with Proteins: These roasted carrots go wonderfully with various main dishes such as roasted chicken, grilled steak, or baked fish.

• Balsamic Glaze: Add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the glaze for a richer and tangier flavor.

• Make Ahead: Cook the carrots a day in advance and reheat them on the stove before you are ready to serve them. Just toss them in a pan with a dab of butter and warm them over medium-low heat until they're heated through, and start to brownView attachment 28086
Would like to see the recipes here in kg and Celsius as we don’t use pounds and F

If you have reasonable computer skills - in Google just type in convert pounds to kilos, type in your amounts & the conversion comes up. Or you can also download separate weight, distance, time or currency conversion apps and use them as required.

If you have reasonable computer skills - in Google just type in convert pounds to kilos, type in your amounts & the conversion comes up. Or you can also download separate weight, distance, time or currency conversion apps and use them as required.
Sure, and I do that when I need to convert, but if you’re giving a recipe to an Australian group, you really need to convert it before you post.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Sure, and I do that when I need to convert, but if you’re giving a recipe to an Australian group, you really need to convert it before you post.
I totally agree with you that any recipes on SDC need to be converted first before uploading; perhaps those interested in the conversion apps might like to have a look at the apps and use them before uploading an American recipe. My apologies Thecheesequeen and Ashmenou for assuming.

I totally agree with you that any recipes on SDC need to be converted first before uploading; perhaps those interested in the conversion apps might like to have a look at the apps and use them before uploading an American recipe. My apologies Thecheesequeen and Ashmenou for assuming.
I would like to see how many serves. As many of us are older the chicks have fllown the nest so there are only one or two to cook for.

Yes. Number of serves would also help to give us some for the freezer (most of us just the 2 old chicks or sometimes just one) & some meals are not ‘freezer friendly’ which could be noted as ‘suitable to freeze (or not suitable).

I actually posted a thread cooking hints which I've added conversions because me for one are sick of seeing recipes in pounds and Fahrenheit temperatures and people posting American recipes. Even alot of the products we don't have.

Reactions: Thecheesequeen