Honey Cookies

I have been making alot of cookies lately with alot of visitors and sending batches home with my kids.

This biscuit for some reason reminds me of my childhood and I do not know why .

Recipe is from Taste of home

Soft-Honey-Cookies_EXPS_FT20_41958_F_1014_1-5-1.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions​

1. In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat in honey and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 175 C or 155 C fan-forced. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking tray ( I also line with baking paper) Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.

Nutrition Facts​

1 cookie: 77 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
My 4 year old grandson will be arriving at mine soon. Today is his 4th birthday and when I asked him the other day what does he want for his birthday he replied Banana bread Yia yia .
He loves cooking with me so I decided to have him here all morning and cook these honey cookies first, as they need to be refrigerated 2 hours, then it's making banana bread and vanilla cookies . He has dairy allergies and has just been able to have egg that is cooked in eg cake .

Then hubby is going to spend an hour or so in the garden ( another thing he has wanted to do )
Then we will shower him, dress him and take him home at 1.30 for his birthday party with the whole family.

He is a boy who is constantly on games ect so this will be a good experience that we want to continue

My 4 year old grandson will be arriving at mine soon. Today is his 4th birthday and when I asked him the other day what does he want for his birthday he replied Banana bread Yia yia .
He loves cooking with me so I decided to have him here all morning and cook these honey cookies first, as they need to be refrigerated 2 hours, then it's making banana bread and vanilla cookies . He has dairy allergies and has just been able to have egg that is cooked in eg cake .

Then hubby is going to spend an hour or so in the garden ( another thing he has wanted to do )
Then we will shower him, dress him and take him home at 1.30 for his birthday party with the whole family.

He is a boy who is constantly on games ect so this will be a good experience that we want to continue
A quality family day! Something I have only in my memories.... 😢😢😢

Reactions: PattiB
Your level of selective comprehension is outstanding. You should be proud of yourself.

Just a heads up. See those three laughing emojis at the end of my post? That signifies a tongue-in-cheek comment.
I gathered that, from some of your previous comments and one which called me out when you told me it was a ‘tongue-in-cheek’ comment!