SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Danielle G.

Danielle G.

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 23, 2024
Home Chamber Pots

Have you had one of these at home when you were growing up? Chamber pots used to be a household staple. Instead of going out to the loo in the middle of the night, these pots under the bed served as a temporary urinal. What kind of chamber pots did you use at home before? Share your memories here.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 6.56.48 PM.jpeg
Image Source: Australia Remember When Facebook

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NotNats and janj
in relation to this item.My uncle served in the 2.20th Battalion 8th Div 2nd AIF in Malaysia Singapore KIA 1942.My mum had me in 1943,He mother my grandmother mad he promise to name me after her missing brother and thats how I arrived at Gerald Potts name.Most other family members pointed out that the name had a slight problem that Gerry did not go with potts .The Jonny Cash song a BOY NAMED SUE.80 years later and a few punch ups the name has weathered well and still around verticle and still laughing it worked well.

Yes, as a child we lived in a house with no electricity, running water only to the laundry trough and a long drop toilet, a long run from the back door. We called them gozzunders as they go under the bed. The downside of these things was accidentally kicking them and causing a splash on the mat, and the floorboards. The resulting cleanup was not appreciated by our mother! 🤣🤣

when at my granny's house (1960's) she would always keep two in the laundry room as it was closed to the house than the Dunny House. That way there was no smell through the house and easier to clean any spills. Lime soap & hot water and scrub before washing started (each day). Nanna was the first person who taught me the befits of splitting my washing & wash loads, which I still use today.

Reactions: Ivory