You won't believe who's joining the cast of Home and Away

The familiar face of TV presenter Matt Shirvington has won a role on one of Australia's best-loved shows, Home and Away!

With his acting debut to come, footage of the former Olympic athlete shooting his scenes at Sydney's Palm Beach has since been revealed.

The storyline of the 45-year-old's debut is being kept under wraps; however, some have speculated Matt will be playing himself upon his appearance next year.

According to Matt: 'As a kid who grew up watching Home and Away, it was all a bit surreal to be in Summer Bay with Alf Stewart!'

Screenshot 2023-11-30 070856.png
Matt Shirvington is excited to play a role in the TV series Home and Away. Image: Instagram / @mattshirvo

‘What a fun experience. The entire cast and crew were so welcoming and generous with acting tips and advice for this novice,’ he continued.

‘I think this will be one of those things my kids are never going to let me live down!’

Although he may be the latest celebrity to grasp an acting opportunity on the show, Matt isn't the only big name in morning television to have made an appearance.

326801314_881850986189800_1461941221257695848_n.jpg
Home and Away season finale airs on 29th November 2023! Image: Facebook

Weather presenter Sam Mac also had his acting debut on the show back in October 2021, playing an invited much-loved guest at a Summer Bay soiree.

Sam jokingly said at the time: ‘My Home and Away episode is on TONIGHT. I’m not sure Alf is on board with my line of commemorative “Sam Mac-chandise”, he threatened legal action.’

Former Sunrise presenter David Koch also made a brief cameo in a 2007 blink-and-you-miss-it moment. Seen at the Summer Bay surf club casually mulling by the bar with a stubby in hand, Koch delivered the memorable line, 'Yeah, sure'.

Home and Away will air its season finale on 29 November on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Home and Away has become symbolic of Australia's TV viewing experience for its viewers all around the world. But, the golden sands of Summer Bay haven't just been home to loveable locals, they've also welcomed a remarkable number of celebrities over the years, adding a spicy touch to viewers' experience and expanding our perception of the iconic seaside town.

Major music stars, renowned sporting legends, and accomplished actors all made brief but memorable appearances on the show. Perhaps one of the most unforgettable was the performance by global singing sensation Ed Sheeran.

He played himself in a 2015 episode, revealing an impressive acting prowess that complemented his undeniable musical talent.

Key Takeaways
  • Former Olympian and Sunrise host Matt Shirvington has been secretly filming scenes for Channel 7’s Home and Away.
  • Shirvington will appear in scenes set to air next year. The storyline, including whether he will be playing himself, remains under wraps.
  • Shirvington is not the first Sunrise star to appear on Home and Away. Weather presenter Sam Mac made his acting debut on the show in October 2021.
  • The last episode of this season of Home and Away airs on 29th November on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Have you been a fan of the show? What do you think of this announcement? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
The familiar face of TV presenter Matt Shirvington has won a role on one of Australia's best-loved shows, Home and Away!

With his acting debut to come, footage of the former Olympic athlete shooting his scenes at Sydney's Palm Beach has since been revealed.

The storyline of the 45-year-old's debut is being kept under wraps; however, some have speculated Matt will be playing himself upon his appearance next year.

According to Matt: 'As a kid who grew up watching Home and Away, it was all a bit surreal to be in Summer Bay with Alf Stewart!'

View attachment 36194
Matt Shirvington is excited to play a role in the TV series Home and Away. Image: Instagram / @mattshirvo

‘What a fun experience. The entire cast and crew were so welcoming and generous with acting tips and advice for this novice,’ he continued.

‘I think this will be one of those things my kids are never going to let me live down!’

Although he may be the latest celebrity to grasp an acting opportunity on the show, Matt isn't the only big name in morning television to have made an appearance.

View attachment 36195

Weather presenter Sam Mac also had his acting debut on the show back in October 2021, playing an invited much-loved guest at a Summer Bay soiree.

Sam jokingly said at the time: ‘My Home and Away episode is on TONIGHT. I’m not sure Alf is on board with my line of commemorative “Sam Mac-chandise”, he threatened legal action.’

Former Sunrise presenter David Koch also made a brief cameo in a 2007 blink-and-you-miss-it moment. Seen at the Summer Bay surf club casually mulling by the bar with a stubby in hand, Koch delivered the memorable line, 'Yeah, sure'.

Home and Away has become symbolic of Australia's TV viewing experience for its viewers all around the world. But, the golden sands of Summer Bay haven't just been home to loveable locals, they've also welcomed a remarkable number of celebrities over the years, adding a spicy touch to viewers' experience and expanding our perception of the iconic seaside town.

Major music stars, renowned sporting legends, and accomplished actors all made brief but memorable appearances on the show. Perhaps one of the most unforgettable was the performance by global singing sensation Ed Sheeran.

He played himself in a 2015 episode, revealing an impressive acting prowess that complemented his undeniable musical talent.

Key Takeaways

• Former Olympian and Sunrise host Matt Shirvington has been secretly filming scenes for Channel 7’s Home and Away.
  • Shirvington will appear in scenes set to air next year. The storyline, including whether he will be playing himself, remains under wraps.
  • Shirvington is not the first Sunrise star to appear on Home and Away. Weather presenter Sam Mac made his acting debut on the show in October 2021.
  • The last episode of this season of Home and Away airs on 29th November on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Have you been a fan of the show? What do you think of this announcement? Let us know in the comments below!

Been watching this for years and although some of the stories are a bit far fetched (suprised half aren't in jail or pregnant or drunk or loonies) the show does occasionally bring stories I can relate to.

Reactions: Janet g

View attachment 36194

View attachment 36195

Key Takeaways

I absolutely love home and away as I watched it with my children when it first came to air and I'm 68 now and I never miss a show so bring it on in 2024 😁

Reactions: Littleboy8
After watching Seven news this morning and seeing the way they carry on over some food their showcasing, I couldn't be bothered with him.
I hope they realize there are little kids at home not having breakfast and these well to do people carry on like they've never eaten.

View attachment 36194

View attachment 36195

Key Takeaways

It is December today - why tell us that the last episode of Home and Away will air in November????

Reactions: Annna
Handsome young man. I'll look forward to see him on H&A.
I don't watch any morning TV and only know him as a sportsman.
I am a H&A de votee.

Handsome young man. I'll look forward to see him on H&A.
I don't watch any morning TV and only know him as a sportsman.
I am a H&A de votee.
Interesting to see if he can actually act or will he just be eye candy🤣i like h and a also.👍