SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

Athena E.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 1, 2023
Hobbytex

Do you remember the joy of sitting at the kitchen table, a colourful Hobbytex project spread out before you? For decades, Hobbytex has been a beloved pastime, sparking creativity and keeping young Aussies entertained for hours.

450443990_7873221412767875_1478820265068339716_n.jpg
Source: Old Shops Australia/Facebook

What was your favourite project you created with Hobbytex? Share your fond memories with us here!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Yes Hobbytex were a very popular party in the 70's, just like tupperare parties. I recall my Mum and ladies in the village having parties. We had a couple of framed prints on the wall and my Mum being very 'arty' drew Snoopy on my t shirt....wished I had kept the shirt now. Snoopy was purple and I wore purple velvet jeans...very trendy 11 yr old!

I still use my hobbytex paint for many projects

hobbytex.com.au

HOBBYTEX Pty Ltd
PO Box 912
St Ives NSW 2075 AUSTRALIA
Factory: 1/21 Tepko Road Terrey Hills NSW 2084
Phone: (02) 9986 3411
Freecall (outside Sydney) 1800 263 963
ABN 48 001 165 975
Email
[email protected] for webstore enquiries
or
[email protected] for general enquiries.

Hobbytex is a family-owned Australian Company. Established in 1968, Hobbytex quickly became a household name throughout Australia. With many customers and distributors throughout the country, Hobbytex soon spread to overseas countries such as South Africa, New Zealand and England. With the advent of the internet, customers from Canada, Wales, Netherlands, and even Kuwait have enjoyed this wonderful hobby.

Hobbytex still manufactures all its own-brand products in Australia, including the ball-point tubes, pictures and lovely linens. We hope you enjoy this hobby as much as we do!

Many, many years ago one of my daughters had a Raggedy Ann/Andy type bedspread on a creamy coloured background. I traced the designs and used Hobbytex to paint them onto calico for matching curtains. Was pretty proud of myself. Also did a Christmas hanging on velvet of a little lamb looking at a star which I still have. So many great things to do back before the internet.

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Being one of 5 kids 4 of who were sports mad and a husband who played & Umpired Aussie rules Mum tagged everyone's sports gear using Hobbytex to stop the fights and confusion of who's gear was who's as a number of us played for the same clubs. Mums small kit was in a tin with an embroidery style hop on top, so you would stretch the garment across the tin and then lock it on. Any Hobbytex leaching went onto the tin.

Single mother in the 70's with not a lot of money to burn so I hobbytexed a white sheet with Winny The Pooh characters to make a curtain for my son's bedroom. He loved it and it was quite therapeutic sitting there and colouring in.

Reactions: 52-KID and Cateyes