Hilarious 'cake fail': Home baker's Woolies mud cake attempt leaves her with astonishing birthday cake disaster

Birthdays are an exciting occasion for most of us. It’s the one day of the year when we celebrate ourselves or someone we love with good food, gifts, and, of course, a birthday cake.

Seeing a beautifully crafted cake on social media is enough to make anyone drool and tempt us to recreate it.

However, as much as we may try, not all of us are gifted in the baking department.

Sometimes, our attempt at creating a masterpiece becomes a disaster that we can only describe as an 'abomination.'

That happened to a young woman named Lucy, who was confident in her baking skills and decided to take on the challenge of making a Bluey birthday cake using pre-made Woolworths mud cakes and professional baker Tegan 'Tigga' Maccormack's tutorial.

However, things didn't turn out as planned for Lucy, who ended up with a rather hilarious and disastrous dessert.

For those unfamiliar with the animated series Bluey, the show first aired in 2018 and has quickly become a hit with children and adults alike.

The Australian television program follows the adventures of a six-year-old Blue Heeler dog named Bluey, who lives with her family in Brisbane.

Bluey is known for her playful nature, and the show promotes play-based learning, highlighting the importance of imaginative play for children's development.

Since its debut, Bluey has gained a massive following, and it's no surprise that fans of the show would want to incorporate it into their celebrations.

Tigga’s tutorial was promoted as perfect for beginners and promised a mini Bluey cake with minimal effort.

7224c910-c783-11ed-b8dc-6571316cd6fb.jpeg
Lucy’s recreation of the cake (left) compared to Tigga’s version (right). Credit: Facebook/Woolies/Coles Mudcake Hack/TikTok/tigga_mac.

However, Lucy's version of the cake looked like a melting mountain of icing and wonky marshmallow bits. Despite the resemblance of the colours, the cake hardly resembled the original design.

In good humour, she shared the cake fail on Facebook, writing: 'Enjoy this absolute abomination - it looked easy on TikTok.'

The picture of her creation made the rounds on social media, capturing the attention of hundreds of users.

One woman joked: 'This is the honesty I needed in my life.’

‘The two sticks just did it for me. 10/10 for effort though!’ another wrote.

Some even said that their child would love to have a cake like that, showing that it's the thought that counts.

One person said: 'It's very cute despite not being like the picture.'

'I just showed my seven-year-old, and he says, "keep trying!" Then he says to me, "but it looks so bad she should probably eat the whole thing." It's amazing,' one mum shared.

A third chimed in: ‘OMG I genuinely love it! It made me smile, thank you for sharing.'

Key Takeaways
  • A young woman named Lucy attempted to recreate a Bluey-themed cake using a kit from Woolworths and a professional baker's tutorial.
  • Lucy's cake turned out to be a humorous disaster, resembling a melting mountain of icing and marshmallow bits rather than the intended design.
  • She shared her ‘cake fail’ on social media in good humour, receiving supportive and amused responses from users.
  • Many encouraged her for her effort, and some even mentioned their children would love the cake, proving it’s the thought that counts.

No one could blame her for the outcome, though - recreating professional baker Tigga’s creation was a taller order than it seemed.

We previously shared a story about how Tigga transformed a Woolies mud cake into a ‘rainbow’ cake using a few ingredients. You can read more about it here. Luckily, the instructions are a little easier to follow!

Members, we could learn a lot from these ‘fail’ attempts and not compare ourselves with professionals.

This can be a good option if you're experimenting in the kitchen and would like to celebrate your small victories.

So, what about you? What do you think of Lucy’s cake disaster? Also, have you ever attempted a recipe that turned out to be a total mess? Tell us all about it in the comments!

Sponsored
good for you for trying kids wont mine they will see it is bluey and as long as it tasted good kids wont mind they eat it up and look for more

I can't even make a cake. I would rather create a 5-course meal from Tibet ( worked well, even the green grape wine) I have occasionally kept trying with enthusiasm in my very soul, but I even manage to wreck packet cakes, but I am great at decorating other things, not icing!! :+{

I can't even make a cake. I would rather create a 5-course meal from Tibet ( worked well, even the green grape wine) I have occasionally kept trying with enthusiasm in my very soul, but I even manage to wreck packet cakes, but I am great at decorating other things, not icing!! :+{
🤣🤣