Highlights from Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations

Queen Elizabeth II was all smiles during her Platinum Jubilee celebrations last Sunday night.

The event, which was held at Windsor Castle, featured an all-star lineup including Dame Helen Mirren, actor Tom Cruise and singer Katherine Jenkins.

The evening also saw performances from equestrian, military and musical talent from all over the world.

It was a moment of pure joy and celebration as Her Majesty the Queen made her second public appearance in three days at Windsor Castle.

EmAETbSLgpzK5PHykp2JPMR2DSHVzAzX1V1W-5A1d_NrEa5euO3p-13uRKMSaHmQSmJDtNXMMsRVFf5uFxoMJJujkl4NvIug9j_L6DdaDeH637U2QnmmWEI70-R248cN2LR6XsyC1pYb_XJg

The Queen was in good spirits during the Platinum Jubilee celebration at Windsor Castle. Credit: Reuters.

The 96-year-old monarch was greeted with a standing ovation as she made her way to her seat in the royal box, and she was all smiles as she waved to the crowd.

Actor Tom Cruise said that he felt "real honour and privilege" for getting invited and taking part in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in Windsor.

He quipped: "What she has accomplished is historic. She has met presidents, world leaders, people from all walks of life. Not just Americans, but the world knows the dignity, devotion and kindness, that is what I have always felt about her. Someone that understands her position and has held it through a history that's just been extraordinary the past 70 years."

"It is a wonderful event and I feel very privileged to be here. I was very honoured."

"She is just a woman I greatly admire. She is someone who has tremendous dignity. I admire her devotion and what she has accomplished is historic."

eTSlMpbeZadY23wb1IH2QaHERA0JsEX1nDKC8hW-xl6IijOWk64rMcy7yH4ymN0ejspZUaSeFPbPzNcHialxbqCVZhsTh08sMbGfZcdlLSamdfs9izMjwfvFbkVlhoRQ1687LVa14iwV0nvX

Her Majesty was all smiles as she walked to her seat. Credit: PA.

The Queen's attendance to the event is a testimony to her enduring strength despite being forced to cancel a string of engagements in recent months.

Her Majesty was notably absent from last week's State Opening of Parliament, where her son, Prince Charles, and grandson, the Duke of Cambridge attended the event in her place.

Organisers of the horseback event at Windsor Castle, entitled A Gallop Through History, had always hoped the 96-year-old monarch would attend as their guest of honour. But given her recent mobility issues, nothing was confirmed until last night.

Royal aides, however, have insisted that despite some "episodes" of mobility issues, Her Majesty is in good spirits and is very much productive and in charge behind the scenes.

The Queen was treated to a spectacular gala performance last night, featuring some of Britain's best-loved stars from stage and screen.

The show was a lavish affair, with more than 1,300 performers, 600 horses, children's choirs and a 75-piece orchestra taking part. Different eras of British history were enacted on stage, with Dame Helen Mirren reprising her role as the Tudor monarch.

Adjoa Andoh, who plays Lady Danbury in the Netflix period drama Bridgerton, also had a role, as did Homeland actor Damian Lewis and Doc Martin star Martin Clunes. Dame Joan Collins appeared on film to pay tribute.

The Queen’s appearance at the horse show last night was a welcome sight for her subjects. It is clear that she is still in good spirits despite her advanced age, and her attendance at the Jubilee events in June is very much anticipated.

However, it is unlikely that she will be able to attend many other events due to her health, with palace aides describing her condition as having "less and less good days".

The Queen was also spotted getting emotional during her granddaughter, Lady Louise's, tribute to her late husband, Prince Philip, during the Platinum Jubilee celebration.

bSHhx4ToaQE99Tr2_ucYIAaGe7tl6PpS1lycWHMyWzw3yE-OXViKsR-9vgp0oB3LeHToSwzc6EHopWkU5GhxdTrHlHXlxWLVu9elRGmosqvlytXHZViKg8dd0B-tWADjOht8gBoLC7IbJybz

The Queen was seen emotional during the tribute to her late husband, Prince Philip. Credit: Daily Mail UK.

It was said that the moving tribute was a poignant reminder of the Queen's loss.

Lady Louise, daughter of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, led the tribute, driving Philip's carriage around the arena during the emotional procession at the finale of the 'Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee' event.

0peUUH6_nqr2-0zqrywyqypFCjzMPDM641XUIq9znQbcFWrEE_QZ7UWD8slwqzm6HGBdItx3ulNuEFyMg6Sr14x_mbxxLvHuMuqVFMckYhVsgi2N9nKr9v7OEGX1XqvRhl4Sk80n80PWyYCR

Lady Louise led the carriage riding show during the celebrations. Credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images.

Carriage riding was said to be one of Prince Philip's favourite pastimes, prompting him to be instrumental in establishing the activity as a sport in the United Kingdom.

The celebration was broadcasted by British TV network ITV and was hosted by Phillip Schofield and Julie Etchingham who presented the event from inside the grounds of Windsor Castle

Other well-known attendees paying tribute to Her Majesty's years of service include Lord Lloyd Webber, Ant & Dec, Dame Joan Collins, Sir Mo Farah, Dame Maureen Lipman, Sir David Jason, Dame Kelly Holmes, Moira Stuart, and Sir Trevor McDonald.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Why isn't/wasn't this shown on our tv? I looked just in case but no luck. I used to love watching the Windsor Royal Horse show, always a spectacular and highly entertaining. Good on Her Maj for being able to attend, knowing her love of all thing equine I knew she would if she could. The standing ovation given her on her entrance is a sign of how the public revere her.:love::love:

Highlights from Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations

Queen Elizabeth II was all smiles during her Platinum Jubilee celebrations last Sunday night.

The event, which was held at Windsor Castle, featured an all-star lineup including Dame Helen Mirren, actor Tom Cruise and singer Katherine Jenkins.

The evening also saw performances from equestrian, military and musical talent from all over the world.

It was a moment of pure joy and celebration as Her Majesty the Queen made her second public appearance in three days at Windsor Castle.

EmAETbSLgpzK5PHykp2JPMR2DSHVzAzX1V1W-5A1d_NrEa5euO3p-13uRKMSaHmQSmJDtNXMMsRVFf5uFxoMJJujkl4NvIug9j_L6DdaDeH637U2QnmmWEI70-R248cN2LR6XsyC1pYb_XJg

The Queen was in good spirits during the Platinum Jubilee celebration at Windsor Castle. Credit: Reuters.

The 96-year-old monarch was greeted with a standing ovation as she made her way to her seat in the royal box, and she was all smiles as she waved to the crowd.

Actor Tom Cruise said that he felt "real honour and privilege" for getting invited and taking part in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in Windsor.

He quipped: "What she has accomplished is historic. She has met presidents, world leaders, people from all walks of life. Not just Americans, but the world knows the dignity, devotion and kindness, that is what I have always felt about her. Someone that understands her position and has held it through a history that's just been extraordinary the past 70 years."

"It is a wonderful event and I feel very privileged to be here. I was very honoured."

"She is just a woman I greatly admire. She is someone who has tremendous dignity. I admire her devotion and what she has accomplished is historic."

eTSlMpbeZadY23wb1IH2QaHERA0JsEX1nDKC8hW-xl6IijOWk64rMcy7yH4ymN0ejspZUaSeFPbPzNcHialxbqCVZhsTh08sMbGfZcdlLSamdfs9izMjwfvFbkVlhoRQ1687LVa14iwV0nvX

Her Majesty was all smiles as she walked to her seat. Credit: PA.

The Queen's attendance to the event is a testimony to her enduring strength despite being forced to cancel a string of engagements in recent months.

Her Majesty was notably absent from last week's State Opening of Parliament, where her son, Prince Charles, and grandson, the Duke of Cambridge attended the event in her place.

Organisers of the horseback event at Windsor Castle, entitled A Gallop Through History, had always hoped the 96-year-old monarch would attend as their guest of honour. But given her recent mobility issues, nothing was confirmed until last night.

Royal aides, however, have insisted that despite some "episodes" of mobility issues, Her Majesty is in good spirits and is very much productive and in charge behind the scenes.

The Queen was treated to a spectacular gala performance last night, featuring some of Britain's best-loved stars from stage and screen.

The show was a lavish affair, with more than 1,300 performers, 600 horses, children's choirs and a 75-piece orchestra taking part. Different eras of British history were enacted on stage, with Dame Helen Mirren reprising her role as the Tudor monarch.

Adjoa Andoh, who plays Lady Danbury in the Netflix period drama Bridgerton, also had a role, as did Homeland actor Damian Lewis and Doc Martin star Martin Clunes. Dame Joan Collins appeared on film to pay tribute.

The Queen’s appearance at the horse show last night was a welcome sight for her subjects. It is clear that she is still in good spirits despite her advanced age, and her attendance at the Jubilee events in June is very much anticipated.

However, it is unlikely that she will be able to attend many other events due to her health, with palace aides describing her condition as having "less and less good days".

The Queen was also spotted getting emotional during her granddaughter, Lady Louise's, tribute to her late husband, Prince Philip, during the Platinum Jubilee celebration.

bSHhx4ToaQE99Tr2_ucYIAaGe7tl6PpS1lycWHMyWzw3yE-OXViKsR-9vgp0oB3LeHToSwzc6EHopWkU5GhxdTrHlHXlxWLVu9elRGmosqvlytXHZViKg8dd0B-tWADjOht8gBoLC7IbJybz

The Queen was seen emotional during the tribute to her late husband, Prince Philip. Credit: Daily Mail UK.

It was said that the moving tribute was a poignant reminder of the Queen's loss.

Lady Louise, daughter of Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, led the tribute, driving Philip's carriage around the arena during the emotional procession at the finale of the 'Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee' event.

0peUUH6_nqr2-0zqrywyqypFCjzMPDM641XUIq9znQbcFWrEE_QZ7UWD8slwqzm6HGBdItx3ulNuEFyMg6Sr14x_mbxxLvHuMuqVFMckYhVsgi2N9nKr9v7OEGX1XqvRhl4Sk80n80PWyYCR

Lady Louise led the carriage riding show during the celebrations. Credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images.

Carriage riding was said to be one of Prince Philip's favourite pastimes, prompting him to be instrumental in establishing the activity as a sport in the United Kingdom.

The celebration was broadcasted by British TV network ITV and was hosted by Phillip Schofield and Julie Etchingham who presented the event from inside the grounds of Windsor Castle

Other well-known attendees paying tribute to Her Majesty's years of service include Lord Lloyd Webber, Ant & Dec, Dame Joan Collins, Sir Mo Farah, Dame Maureen Lipman, Sir David Jason, Dame Kelly Holmes, Moira Stuart, and Sir Trevor McDonald.
I have just one question: which bright spark on the organising committee thought it would be a good idea to have the odious Tom Cruse in attendance? He’s not British, and I can think of so many more worthy guests.

I have just one question: which bright spark on the organising committee thought it would be a good idea to have the odious Tom Cruse in attendance? He’s not British, and I can think of so many more worthy guests.
I too thought it was odd in the extreme.;):rolleyes:

Reactions: KatKop