High Blood Pressure

My doctor is concerned about my
high blood pressure. I told him,
''Well next time, don't leave me
sitting in the waiting room for

two and a half hours!
Doctor appointments vary due to each patient has different needs, a ten-minute appointment can turn into 30 minutes or more if a problem is experienced. Patients themselves often turn up late for their time slot and have to be fitted in somewhere, so don't complain the time slot is a suggested time not an exact appointment time to control as much as possible a flow through the surgery.

Reactions: IAN3005 and Gaena
High Blood Pressure

My doctor is concerned about my
high blood pressure. I told him,
''Well next time, don't leave me
sitting in the waiting room for

two and a half hours!
Yes it's positively disgusting you have a 9.00am appointment and don't get in to see the Dr for two hours. I don't get a chance to do any other shopping and have to go another day, which costs me a hefty price using community transport.

Reactions: Ezzy
I always consider an appointment time to be an approximation, having been in the situation that my Doctor quickly realised my need as being an emergency and immediately concentrated on me as a patient who was in need there and then. I will be forever grateful that he attended to me as he did that day.

One of my gripes with the doctor is that once you have seen them, and they suggest to get an x-ray done or what ever, they charge you for the consultation. Then when you come back again to go over the results, you get charged again regarding the same issue. I have argued this point and won. Why be charged again all over the same problem.

a 9 o'clock appointment about (if not) the first in line, there should be no reason that the Doctor is "running late"unless he has had a call0out
later \ afternoon appointments can and often do run late if each patient takes an extra 1 or 2 minutes over, plus, the poor old Doctor does have to have his meals and toilet breaks and his cup of tea etc.
the time slots are in the hands of the receptionists, perhaps they could stretch each consultation another 2 minutes apart.

Reactions: Macarj
My doctor often runs late, but he is very thorough, and I can't complain because he often spends longer than normal treating my problems. GPs are under great pressure generally, and not compensated super well for their expertise. I'm happy to wait for his attention, every time!

Doctor appointments vary due to each patient has different needs, a ten-minute appointment can turn into 30 minutes or more if a problem is experienced. Patients themselves often turn up late for their time slot and have to be fitted in somewhere, so don't complain the time slot is a suggested time not an exact appointment time to control as much as possible a flow through the surgery.
Come late.... too bad..... cancel the appointment. Where I come you were at your appointment 30 minutes before. 'punctuality is the politeness of kings'

I don't mind waiting at all as i am learning to lip read by watching the tv minus all audio for about an hour or so after my allotted time.

I'm also of the firm opinion that there is an error made or else a deliberate play on the words "patients", " patience"

I know a business man who was very patient waiting two hours before he was able to see the doctor. After his consultation he presented the doctor with a handwritten invoice for the period of time he had been patiently waiting for his appointment to be honoured. He stated to the doctor that as CEO of a company his hourly rate was x dollars and it was a fair enough exchange for his loss of business but unlike the business model the doctors clinic followed his company did not triple or double book clients for the same time slot.
He walked out and did not make any financial contribution to the medical clinic. Lesson learnt as the message was received by a stunned doctor.
Respect and treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
😊👍

a 9 o'clock appointment about (if not) the first in line, there should be no reason that the Doctor is "running late"unless he has had a call0out
later \ afternoon appointments can and often do run late if each patient takes an extra 1 or 2 minutes over, plus, the poor old Doctor does have to have his meals and toilet breaks and his cup of tea etc.
the time slots are in the hands of the receptionists, perhaps they could stretch each consultation another 2 minutes apart.
Regardless what time my wifes medical appointment is with the GP especially if she is first in line for the day, her doctor will always start the day off running up to 15 minutes late even before she sees the first patient. No way can you rely on this GP for punctuality lol

Reactions: IAN3005 and Ezzy
Yes l have had those G.P's who start up to 15 minutes late for their first appointment too. Fortunately l learnt years ago to take a puzzle book with me to pass the time until l am called in. My current G.P. in the (same) practice l have attended for more than 40 years arrives 5 minutes late & then apologies for the wait. I always book the first appt @ 8.10 am. Each appt is 10 mins which l book for scripts but if there is a physical problem this is a double, 20mins. We normally finish in 15 mins, he has caught up on time & if the next patient is there goes in early. What happens after that is not my problem.

What we must remember is what was stated above, that a G.P. doesn't know how long he needs to spend with a patient which can mean that 10 mins can go out to 15 or 20 mins. Unlike a Dentist who knows what he is doing for a patient & sets the appropriate time frame & normally sticks to an appointment time.

Fortunately for me my G.P. Bulk Bills all his patients. Other Doctors in the practice Bulk Bill certain patients & charge others.

Reactions: IAN3005
Regardless what time my wifes medical appointment is with the GP especially if she is first in line for the day, her doctor will always start the day off running up to 15 minutes late even before she sees the first patient. No way can you rely on this GP for punctuality lol
It's disrespectful of the doctor to do this to any client imo

Yes l have had those G.P's who start up to 15 minutes late for their first appointment too. Fortunately l learnt years ago to take a puzzle book with me to pass the time until l am called in. My current G.P. in the (same) practice l have attended for more than 40 years arrives 5 minutes late & then apologies for the wait. I always book the first appt @ 8.10 am. Each appt is 10 mins which l book for scripts but if there is a physical problem this is a double, 20mins. We normally finish in 15 mins, he has caught up on time & if the next patient is there goes in early. What happens after that is not my problem.

What we must remember is what was stated above, that a G.P. doesn't know how long he needs to spend with a patient which can mean that 10 mins can go out to 15 or 20 mins. Unlike a Dentist who knows what he is doing for a patient & sets the appropriate time frame & normally sticks to an appointment time.

Fortunately for me my G.P. Bulk Bills all his patients. Other Doctors in the practice Bulk Bill certain patients & charge others.
Actually your second paragraph is a fair statement ... and certainly can and does happen... even so it's still bad business management or greed when there are 3 people booked in for the same time slot. I feel its greed as the practically off seeing 3 people in the same time slot is an impossibility and 2 patients are treated unfairly.

Actually your second paragraph is a fair statement ... and certainly can and does happen... even so it's still bad business management or greed when there are 3 people booked in for the same time slot. I feel its greed as the practically off seeing 3 people in the same time slot is an impossibility and 2 patients are treated unfairly.
I am sorry but l can't follow your argument here. At my practice every appt time slot & patient is recorded on a computer & not as it was years ago, penciled into a book which could be erased & changed as needed. There is no double booking just late appointments because doctors aren't on time.

15 minutes is nothing. l know of one doctor who used to arrive over 1 hour late for a first appointment. The patients regularly complained & the receptionist told the doctor she would not tell the patient the doctor had not arrived when they enquired. That G.P. eventually left.

Reactions: IAN3005