ROB2308

Sep 26, 2021
Hi to senior friends!

I retired from full-time teaching in December, 2020 . Enjoyed a few months full retirement - sleeping in; catching up with friends, kayaking , finishing jobs around the home etc., but have returned to relief teaching from August. Love catching up with senior students before they graduate but forgot about the enormous energy required to keep students actively engaged. Still, love the days without the admin. It gives a purpose that was absent early in the year. So good to say 'no" if I have a previous engagement. Retirement was definitely worth waiting for!!!

I know of a teacher who retired,
but he forgot how he had been inspired
so he returned to the salt mine
and consoled those who had pined
but loved the option to decline

Reactions: Blossom
I retired from full-time teaching in December, 2020 . Enjoyed a few months full retirement - sleeping in; catching up with friends, kayaking , finishing jobs around the home etc., but have returned to relief teaching from August. Love catching up with senior students before they graduate but forgot about the enormous energy required to keep students actively engaged. Still, love the days without the admin. It gives a purpose that was absent early in the year. So good to say 'no" if I have a previous engagement. Retirement was definitely worth waiting for!!!
Hi Rob,
I've just joined today and I'm checking out all the listed new members. I left nursing after 20 years and went to Australian Catholic Uni to study Arts ( English lit, Drama, History and Catholic religion) to be able to teach in either Catholic or state schools. Then I went to Deakin Uni to do the diploma in Education for Primary and Secondary. I did relief teaching for 6 years and taught from preps to year 12's getting to know entire families. I'm retired now and enjoying gardening, the pool and gym, my 3 dogs and my friends. I admire you returning to work, I wouldn't have the energy. 😁