Hi BeBe @chook yard! Welcome to our forum! We're so stoked to have you here.

Our community is all about sharing ideas and getting to know each other, so don't be afraid to jump in!

We're sure you'll find loads of interesting discussions and helpful advice here. If you have any questions or want to share your own experiences, feel free to chime in.

Let's make this an awesome and supportive community together!

Over the years I have been a Burmese mother until late last year was given a Maltese/ Tzu pup whom I named Ollie. Ollie is now 8 months old and is a "fussy eater". Each day is a challenge in what to serve him , as I have no guarantee that it will be eaten.
Kibble will clean his teeth so he has that once a day (if not eaten I take it away) along with beef /pork mince, chicken, giblettes with probiotic sprinkle over the top of the serve. Any ideas would help me greatly.🙄

Over the years I have been a Burmese mother until late last year was given a Maltese/ Tzu pup whom I named Ollie. Ollie is now 8 months old and is a "fussy eater". Each day is a challenge in what to serve him , as I have no guarantee that it will be eaten.
Kibble will clean his teeth so he has that once a day (if not eaten I take it away) along with beef /pork mince, chicken, giblettes with probiotic sprinkle over the top of the serve. Any ideas would help me greatly.🙄
Hi! I'm a cat owner, so I'm not entirely sure if this will apply, but my cat is an EXTREMELY fussy eater too.

I think it would be best to cancel out any underlying conditions first. This is just to make sure your pet isn't actually in pain or is sick, as that will have a huge effect on their appetite.

But if that's not the case, I highly recommend you get them food toppers! I always buy appetite boosters online, some of them are chicken floss, beef floss, and bunny floss, to sprinkle on top of each meal. As soon as my cat gets a good whiff of that appetising scent, he eats it immediately! You can also add some of their favourite treats on top or mix them with their meals. :)

Hi! I'm a cat owner, so I'm not entirely sure if this will apply, but my cat is an EXTREMELY fussy eater too.

I think it would be best to cancel out any underlying conditions first. This is just to make sure your pet isn't actually in pain or is sick, as that will have a huge effect on their appetite.

But if that's not the case, I highly recommend you get them food toppers! I always buy appetite boosters online, some of them are chicken floss, beef floss, and bunny floss, to sprinkle on top of each meal. As soon as my cat gets a good whiff of that appetising scent, he eats it immediately! You can also add some of their favourite treats on top or mix them with their meals. :)
Brilliant idea "food toppers". I have had Ollie checked by our vet, and since then I have heard of other pups of this breed being fussy eaters.

Which now I recall the breeder mentioned to me that she had found a kibble that her Maltese/Shih-tzu dogs were happy to eat..... I should have picked up the clue "Happy to eat". Thank you I will be trying food toppers.😀