Annie Pilk

Mar 5, 2024
Hi everyone. Just joined the Seniors Club. I live in Adelaide and am interested in cooking, gardening, AFL and most other sports and love reading.
If anyone has some good books or authors to recommend I would love to hear them. I mostly enjoy crime, thriller and mystery fiction. Favourite authors are John Grisham, Michael Connelly, Harlan Coben, David Baldacci and an Australian author Sally Hepworth. I have 3 grandkids - one who has a genetic condition and is non-verbal and mobility issues. It is a very rare condition with only 3 diagnosed in Australia - only one in Adelaide. If anyone is interested in reading about it they can go to the following website - yellowbrickroadproject. org
Suffice to say a lot of my time is taken up with helping out with her appointments and therapy etc. Not exactly how I pictured my retirement to be but you do what you have to do and I wouldn't have it any other way. She is a delightful and so happy and brings joy to my heart every day.
Thanks for reading this and I look forward to being part of the Seniors Club and reading other retirees stories.

Reactions: rabbit63
Hello @Annie Pilk ! Welcome to the SDC community! It’s lovely to have you join us. I'm touched by your dedication to your granddaughter; she sounds truly amazing, and it's wonderful how much joy you find in each other.

Your heartfelt story is indeed inspiring, and perhaps sharing it might encourage others who are in similar situations. It's these personal journeys that truly enrich our community here.

And since you mentioned enjoying helping with your granddaughter, you might be interested in sharing or receiving advice in our various forums. There's a wealth of experience and support among our members that you might find helpful or comforting.

We have an ongoing thread about book recommendations so you just might want to check it out and share some of yours, too!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!