Here is another

Creamy Tuna Vol au vent

50 g butter
1/3 cup plain flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1cup of grated tasty cheese
1 — 425g can tuna in brine drained and flaked ( note I used in spring water )
1/2 small red capsicum chopped
1-130g can corn kernels,drained,
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste
6. -100 mm volauvent cases
Extra 1/2cup grated tasty cheese

Heat butter in pan add flour stir over heat until bubbling,remove from heat gradually stir in milk ,return to heat until sauce boils and thickens, stir in cheese ,tuna,capsicum,corn and peas.season with salt and pepper, spoon mixture evenly into cases ,top with extra cheese,place on lightly greased oven trays , cook in moderate oven180 c for approximately 20 mins until heated and cheese lightly browned.
Serve warm with salad.

Sponsored
Creamy Tuna Vol au vent
50 g butter
1/3 cup plain flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra 1/2cup grated tasty cheese Heat butter in pan add flour stir over heat until bubbling,remove from heat gradually stir in milk ,return to heat until sauce boils and thickens, stir in cheese ,tuna,capsicum,corn and peas.season with salt and pepper, spoon mixture evenly into cases ,top with extra cheese,place on lightly greased oven trays , cook in moderate oven180 c for approximately 20 mins until heated and cheese lightly browned.
Serve warm with salad.
Try put picture brings more attention to your post

Creamy Tuna Vol au vent

50 g butter
1/3 cup plain flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat butter in pan add flour stir over heat until bubbling,remove from heat gradually stir in milk ,return to heat until sauce boils and thickens, stir in cheese ,tuna,capsicum,corn and peas.season with salt and pepper, spoon mixture evenly into cases ,top with extra cheese,place on lightly greased oven trays , cook in moderate oven180 c for approximately 20 mins until heated and cheese lightly browned.
Serve warm with salad.
Come on everyone be nice it’s christmas can’t nastiness wait til after new year and you can all start again.🤣🤣🤣

Creamy Tuna Vol au vent

50 g butter
1/3 cup plain flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste

Serve warm with salad.
If you're lucky enough to have some green prawns Devein peel and chop and add ,it's a Christmas 🎄 spoil.

You can also use diced cold chicken and add chicken seasoning to taste instead ,family likes both versions .
This sounds yum. I can actually visualise it.
A very easy and well written recipe
Thank you 😊 @ Suzanne Rose ,this is so easy to make , it has been hard to get the large vol au vents ,so I use the medium ones . Also do a vegetarian version for my self.

Thank you 😊 @ Suzanne Rose ,this is so easy to make , it has been hard to get the large vol au vents ,so I use the medium ones . Also do a vegetarian version for my self.
You can make your own with frozen puff pastry

This is the same type of comment others post on yours only difference is they tell you to put the recipes in Australia terms and ingredients.
By you telling Leenie better to add photos this is exactly the same thing that you are doing
I thought Babybirds comment was meant to be encouraging, I didn't feel it was picky. :)

I thought Babybirds comment was meant to be encouraging, I didn't feel it was picky. :)
You have to read between the lines.

When someone adds a comment to her recipes asking her to please post in Australian metric conversion or ask her not to post America ingredients that's not available here , she calls them Rude . She even posted a post in the cooking section this morning just on that

Last edited:
I'd just get rid of the vol-au-vents and eat it straight from the pan!

I know I'm a pig!

I just got back from a lovely day with my younger TAFE mates at the The Cove at Patterson Lakes. Had the most tender Lemon Pepper Calamari with chips and salad for the princely price of $20!! First time I've used my Senior's Card ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybird and Leenie

I know I'm a pig!

I just got back from a lovely day with my younger TAFE mates at the The Cove at Patterson Lakes. Had the most tender Lemon Pepper Calamari with chips and salad for the princely bring of $20!! First time I've used my Senior's Card ever!
That sounds like a lovely day. Do you not use your seniors card for transport. In NSW if you have a seniors card you can then get a seniors opal card and travel all day for $2.75

Reactions: Leenie

I know I'm a pig!

I just got back from a lovely day with my younger TAFE mates at the The Cove at Patterson Lakes. Had the most tender Lemon Pepper Calamari with chips and salad for the princely bring of $20!! First time I've used my Senior's Card ever!
@Veggiepatch you are incorrigible ha ha ha , I w ent into our seafood place today and was told prawns are in short supply and had to settle for local Hervey Bay prawns 🍤 , was hoping to get banana prawn fromTin Can Bay only they are not getting a very good catch.only other ones were from Cairns and smaller .

@Veggiepatch you are incorrigible ha ha ha , I w ent into our seafood place today and was told prawns are in short supply and had to settle for local Hervey Bay prawns 🍤 , was hoping to get banana prawn fromTin Can Bay only they are not getting a very good catch.only other ones were from Cairns and smaller .
When I was living in Bundy, I regularly ate Hervey Bay medium king prawns that were fresh and tasty. But the price was horrendous! Just $10 a kilo! :p