We have always had dogs. Big, small and in between. We feed our adult dog twice a day, small portions. If he leaves any, we remove it shortly after and then present it at the next meal. He is not fussy. When I babysit my brother and sons dogs, it takes me about a week to train them to eat their meals. Both dogs are pampered at home with a constant bowl of kibble available and little snacks throughout the day. Our chihuahua is very pampered but not at meal times. Also, sometimes he just isn’t hungry, so leaves some food. This is normal. My difficulty was training my husband to stop sneaking his boy treats!
I sympathise with training your husband! My mum used to be shocking, at least she's cut back now as I had a quiet word with the vet to stress the importance of no snacks to her! We do tend to let the senior boys get away with it more. But our 4 year old, it's hard getting through to her dad, my partner. In the end, she is his dog, even though I'm still trying to get him to see how much better it would be for her.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Try making Ollie an omelette my dog Jutta absolutely loves an omelette for breakfast with a little cheese in it.

I have an Australian Silky Terrier/Miniature Poodle aged 2 1/2 years. The day I got her at 8 weeks old, she came with a couple of sachets of ADULT meat chunks with vegetables (had no choice but to use one that night and gave other one to neighbour for his dog). The next day I got her Puppy biscuits which I moistened with water and lessened the water over a few weeks until she was just eating dry food, which is what was recommended by the Vet.
The only treat she gets every day is a Dental Chew, also advised to do this by the Vet. Also told not to use Wet food for the first year and then only to give it as a special treat or reward. She gets a small can for her birthday and at Xmas & Easter time but it is always mixed with her biscuits.
Every day for a few months I spent time training her and using small hard treats to reward her so she became accustomed to biscuits quite quickly.
Her bowl is always full and she eats when she is hungry. She still only weights 4.5kgs.
My grandkids stay with me every lot of school holidays and she gets very upset and refuses to eat when they go home. Sometimes this can last for 4 or 5 days but she will always get hungry enough to start eating again.
She sounds precious x

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos